Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Then why hasn't he fought him yet and save the "he's just boosting both their paydays?" Everytime they get into negotiations, there's an excuse. It was said that both fighters would have earned around $50 million to fight. That's not enough for Floyd? I'm not nieve, dude is scared.

the first time its all on Pacman! the contract was signed by Mayweather! and faxed over to Manny to sign after they all agreed then Manny pulled out and said no too drug testing. The fight would have already been made, all Mayweather ask for is random urine and blood test 14 days out from fight Manny said no and wanted 24 days and take a test right after the fight.

Money is 50/50

PAC choose gloves, ring size and a 10 million per pound penalty which is insane, Mayweather agreed and his only request was random testing.

Second time Mayweather said hes taking time away from boxing and then Manny and Arum wanted too do buisness but still never agreed to the random testing, they wanted specific dates on when the test would be taken. Mayweather said no negotiation ever took place I can't believe that.

the first time its all on Pacman! the contract was signed by Mayweather! and faxed over to Manny to sign after they all agreed then Manny pulled out and said no too drug testing. The fight would have already been made, all Mayweather ask for is random urine and blood test 14 days out from fight Manny said no and wanted 24 days and take a test right after the fight.

Money is 50/50

PAC choose gloves, ring size and a 10 million per pound penalty which is insane, Mayweather agreed and his only request was random testing.

Second time Mayweather said hes taking time away from boxing and then Manny and Arum wanted too do buisness but still never agreed to the random testing, they wanted specific dates on when the test would be taken. Mayweather said no negotiation ever took place I can't believe that.

Let me ask you this. Before Pac, has Floyd EVER demanded random blood testing to any other opponent? That's what I have a problem with. He's facing the one guy that's on his leval and now he throws that out there. I called it before the started negotiations that Floyd would do something to throw the negotiations into a tailspin. I thought it would have been money.

So I didn't see the Floyd fight. What's causing so much controversy?

KyTme7uM2jU

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 10:45 AM ----------

After looking at it again, I believe Ortiz just wanted to quit. Those punches didn't look like they were enough to knock him out cold.

Edited by DM72

I love that people know what a 2 piece is. :cheers:

ACW - youtube it.

After looking at it again, I believe Ortiz just wanted to quit. Those punches didn't look like they were enough to knock him out cold.

It made Ortiz look like a chump. But that second punch was real.

DM72, Mayweather doesn't have to fight Pac. He is one of the best ever already. At the end of a career...get paid. If I told you I would pay you 100k per year or 50k per year which offer would you take ? Don't get me wrong this fight should have already been done...but what is the rush ?

The latest ppv was 60 bucks or so, and people paid for it. Set the stage...The most anticipated fight in recent years...could they charge you a $100 ? People would pay.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Let me ask you this. Before Pac, has Floyd EVER demanded random blood testing to any other opponent? That's what I have a problem with. He's facing the one guy that's on his leval and now he throws that out there. I called it before the started negotiations that Floyd would do something to throw the negotiations into a tailspin. I thought it would have been money.

I agree but at the same time before Pac has there ever been a fighter in his 30s go up in weight 20 pounds without sacraficing speed or power? He has always been a great fighter but too go up in weight and take guys punches and put people too sleep like he is doing now? If not then take the test, hell if you know your not doing anything and a person accusing you of doing something you are not take the test prove them wrong and knock them the **** out. Mayweather moved up in weight slowly and he has no where near the power he did when he was fighting at feather weight or lightweight. PAC is doing the unthinkable he could be a freak or he could be a cheater its only one way to find out.

We are in the steriod era PEDs are taking over all sports and boxing testing is a joke.

Mayweather and PAC have saved boxing both of there names can't be mentioned without someone throwing the other in the mix. This fight needs too happen

I love that people know what a 2 piece is. :cheers:

ACW - youtube it.

It made Ortiz look like a chump. But that second punch was real.

DM72, Mayweather doesn't have to fight Pac. He is one of the best ever already. At the end of a career...get paid. If I told you I would pay you 100k per year or 50k per year which offer would you take ? Don't get me wrong this fight should have already been done...but what is the rush ?

The latest ppv was 60 bucks or so, and people paid for it. Set the stage...The most anticipated fight in recent years...could they charge you a $100 ? People would pay.

Don't you want to see these guys at their peak? 2 years from now, neither guy will be at their peak, especially Pac because of the way he fights. And IMO, Floyd is depriving us of that with this "take the test" nonsense.

This could be our generations "Ali/Frazier."

Edited by DM72

Don't you want to see these guys at their peak? 2 years from now, neither guy will be at their peak, especially Pac because of the way he fights. And IMO, Floyd is depriving us of that with this "take the test" nonsense.

This could be our generations "Ali/Frazier."

Of course I want to see it. No matter who wins. I have no vested interest, I love the sport.

Some would say that Mayweather is already past his peak. Others would say that Pac is not there yet...odd ...but it would happen.

Ali/Frazier is and was a payday. They both wanted to win...but they needed to get paid. Pac nor Floyd needs money right now. But if you can make more you would be the idiot not to.

The fight will happen and it will be amazing. My guess is late 2012- or early 2013.

Edited by Kosher Ham

As far as their peak, it is very probable that neither Mayweather or Manny are in their peak anymore. 2008 was probably the last chance of a fight in their "peaks"

Mayweather still looks fast & crisp enough though that his style should present a lot of problems for Manny's "please walk straight forward into my punches" style of offense.

As much as I hated the ending, Ortiz brought it all on himself. One thing that'll never change is that Ortiz started the chain of controversial events. In any fight, MMA or Boxing or whatever, you never take your eyes off the opponent.

:helmet:

None of that excuses the behavior of the ref. I don't care about Ortiz or Mayweather because lets face it Ortiz was going to lose this fight. The ref needs to be encouraged to retire immediately.

None of that excuses the behavior of the ref. I don't care about Ortiz or Mayweather because lets face it Ortiz was going to lose this fight. The ref needs to be encouraged to retire immediately.

All reports I've read say that the ref did call "time in." I agree with you that it can't be seen or heard in the video, but it's not being reflected in the media coverage that he was in the wrong.

:whoknows:

Money is 50/50

The anti Mayweather crowd would not care if Pac tests positive which I believe he would have back then if there was random drug testing on the Olympic level. When Mayweather does chose to fight Pac there will be an even larger anti Mayweather contingent after his tactical victory.

I agree but at the same time before Pac has there ever been a fighter in his 30s go up in weight 20 pounds without sacraficing speed or power? He has always been a great fighter but too go up in weight and take guys punches and put people too sleep like he is doing now? If not then take the test, hell if you know your not doing anything and a person accusing you of doing something you are not take the test prove them wrong and knock them the **** out. Mayweather moved up in weight slowly and he has no where near the power he did when he was fighting at feather weight or lightweight. PAC is doing the unthinkable he could be a freak or he could be a cheater its only one way to find out.

We are in the steriod era PEDs are taking over all sports and boxing testing is a joke.

Mayweather and PAC have saved boxing both of there names can't be mentioned without someone throwing the other in the mix. This fight needs too happen

I'm sure Pacquiao will now take whatever test and Mayweather will come up with something to prevent the fight from happening.

The anti Mayweather crowd would not care if Pac tests positive which I believe he would have back then if there was random drug testing on the Olympic level. When Mayweather does chose to fight Pac there will be an even larger anti Mayweather contingent after his tactical victory.

Since when do pro boxers have to go through Olympic style testing? Why should this fight be any different? Floyd just comes up with excuse after excuse and you guys eat it right up.

If the fight does happen, and Mayweather beats him due to the style matchup, I am already waiting for the "Mayweather was scared, he wouldn't stand in the middle of the ring and trade" call outs, as if that is what being a boxer is all about.

I know I am over-generalizing here and not all Manny fans fit into this category, but it seems ever since Mayweather/Pac has been a potential fight, the Pac fanboys have gone into over-drive and managed to bring a long a lot of casual boxing fans who suddenly think they are long time watchers of the sport who know it all. I understand why Mayweather gets some of the hate, he brings a lot of it on himself due to his out of the ring antics, however trying to have a conversation with a Pac-man fan that doesn't consist of two guys saying "yep Manny sure is the best ever, and he will smack down Mayweather" feels like a lost cause.

As much as I argue that Mayweather would probably win the fight, I am not saying it is 100% Pac is good enough that he COULD win, I just think knowing what I think I know about both fighters inside the ring, Mayweather possesses the style that will present Manny with trouble over the course of a 10-12 round fight.

However, if you want to say you think they are both still in their prime, I would say go watch their fights from 5-6 years ago. Especially Manny at the lower weights, and Mayweather in the late 90's/early 2000's Mayweather has definitely lost some of his power as a result of moving up in weight there is no debating that really.

Mayweather's contention with Pac being possibly on the juice, is that he never lost speed or power, despite moving up in weight time after time, which is pretty unheard of.

From what I remember, the drug test contention was that Floyd wanted it to be random up to 7 days before the fight(maybe it was 14) and Pac didn't want anything within 24 days of the fight. I don't understand the issue from Pac's perspective. If you are saying yes to a drug test what is the issue of whether it is 24, 14, 17, 10, 7 days before the fight? To me it is something of a red flag saying no, due to the fact that athletes are known for being able to cycle on & off of certain PEDs in order to pass tests, especially if they know when they won't be tested.

Since when do athletes have to go through Olympic style testing? Well....I'd say since the modern sports world has been exposed for PED usage in every corner.

Edited by NoCalMike

I believe Pac agreed to the test up until 14 days days before the fight.

No he didn't he wanted 24 mayweather wanted 7, mayweather offered too do 14 and PAC said no he would lose a day of training

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/mayweather-pacquiao-negotiations-timeline-1.html

Here is the time line both fighters are equally responsible for this fight not happening.

He may not retire but he won't be the ref anymore for the big fights.

:helmet:

Edited by C26 Run

You don't find that a little suspicious? I do.

Not at all. Regardless, Pac can agree to take the test right up to the fight and Floyd will come up with something else. Unless Pac look like total garbage against JMM, we WILL NOT see Pac/May.

No he didn't he wanted 24 mayweather wanted 7, mayweather offered too do 14 and PAC said no he would lose a day of training

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/mayweather-pacquiao-negotiations-timeline-1.html

Here is the time line both fighters are equally responsible for this fight not happening.

Pac's camp said they would agree to RANDOM BLOOD TESTING. So you can't keep using that as an excuse.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/761245-pacquiao-camp-agrees-to-random-testing-but-only-by-neutral-testing-agency