Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder doesn't want the spotlight

NYSkins1

Did anyone else notice that whenever the TV cameras turned to Snyder's box, he turned around and walked away? He's learned that he is not the story on this team; the players are. He doesn't want to be in the spotlight anymore, since he's learned that the game is not about the owners.

I've been really impressed with Snyder this season. It's amazing to see how much he's learning about running the team, from giving the offense and defense separate jets for Sean's funeral, to keeping his hands out of the football end of things, and everything else. I'm confident that he's gotten past the early "meddling owner" phase and is going to be a great leader of this organization in to the future.

THAT really earned him points in my book, that exact moment, when he came down to the sidelines just to be there and watch the game. No pressure, occasionally he cheered, but he was no Jerry Jones down there just to be a menacing presence.

I'm so happy that he didn't try to call plays or fake coach the players like JJ does.

I like Dan Snyder alot more than I use too but a owner should be in his box and not on the sideline. :2cents:

If we keep winning like this Dan Snyder can be wherever he wants. And I was never a big DS fan, but he has showed a lot of class lately. Hell he can get in there and line up for Portis one time, maybe not but sidelines I don't mind. HTTR

Did anyone else notice that whenever the TV cameras turned to Snyder's box, he turned around and walked away? He's learned that he is not the story on this team; the players are. He doesn't want to be in the spotlight anymore, since he's learned that the game is not about the owners.

I've been really impressed with Snyder this season. It's amazing to see how much he's learning about running the team, from giving the offense and defense separate jets for Sean's funeral, to keeping his hands out of the football end of things, and everything else. I'm confident that he's gotten past the early "meddling owner" phase and is going to be a great leader of this organization in to the future.

Uh, then why did he go down on the field late in the game? That's a sure fire way to get on tv. That's why I don't buy that he doesn't want any of the spotlight. As for the cameras. I don't blame him. I wouldn't want them showing me up in the booth all the time either. Who cares if he walks away?

Hmm...seems like the majority liked seeing him go down to the sideline. It's just weird how when Jerry Jones does it, everyone criticizes him. Maybe because he appears to be too close to the action and getting in the way of the coaches, whereas it looked like Snyder kept his presence to a minimum.

I think the Sean Taylor experience has been transforming for all involved, especially Dan Snyder. He has to realize now with all of his billions, that there are things he simply does not control. Sean, in death, must've taught him that. The experience of being in Miami and with this team during the days and weeks after Sean's death has brought him and the team closer. I mean he is closer to individual players. Further, I think he is very proud of how HIS team has responded when they could have just mailed it in and no one would have blamed them.

Yes, Dan Snyder has been classy through this whole ordeal. His players and coaches have been classy. His ex-players (LaVar) have been classy. I think we have seen a shift in the organization. A shift in which the owner, coaches and players have found a deeper, new found respect for one another. This being the case, as much a fan as Dan Snyder is, he will now think twice, three or four times before bringing in a free agent to replace these players who have shown him that they are truly a family. Going down to the sidelines to be with them was probably the most natural response for him given his pride and new found closeness to his players and team. As an owner who paid $800M, he can go anywhere he wants.

I actually like what is happening to this team. It is a shame that it took Sean giving his life to have it happen. But like Clinton said, we needed an angel to take his place in heaven and to advocate for us. Go Dan Snyder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived