Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MOST Things Jason Campbell (MERGED)

jackstraw

I don't think you can totally blame Campbell for this loss. Yes, he made a terrible rope throw on that last pick but it was the 4th down stop that did us in. The ONLY choice there was a QB sneak or a FG. The run by Portis was a terrible call and you can't blame Jason for that. You also can only blame him for ONE fumble. And let's not forget our first FG. Back to back drops by Moss and McCardell. This was a total team choke....AGAIN.

Two things we absolutely HAVE to see from Jason going forward:

1. Jason has to learn to put a little touch on the ball in spots like that last pick.

2. He HAS to finish off these comebacks. He needs to be able to take the team on his back and lead us to a come-from-behind victory we so desparately need.

Still, if you haven't seen the strides he's made this year then you're simply not looking.

We heard a lot of knee jerk reactions last week about Campbell as a choker when the game is on the line. A lot of us blew it off and claimed it to inexperience. It was his 17th start after all.

But two weeks in a row? AND with 2 INTs when the game in on the line? That's cause for concern.

Others obviously contributed to the loss. Portis fumbled 2 times, Moss another, and Samuels let the DE strip the ball when Campbell was about to throw. But when the game is on the line, JC looks flustered and has thrown 2 bad passes.

It's pretty clear that JC is coming around in terms of stats and playing well, as evident by his two 300 yard passing games in a row...

But the great ones finish off teams. And right now, I'm not so sure JC will be able to do it. Maybe he just needs more experience, and I won't give up on him, but this needs to stop.

LOL it seems everyone is jumping ship on Campbell. The irony of the situation is if he didn't play near great football for the majority of the game the past 2 weeks he wouldn't have put himself in a position to fail. I'm not going to give up on Campbell, I think he has shown the ability to grow into a great QB in the future and I wanted him so badly to prove the critics wrong and get that late TD but it just didn't happen. Hopefully he will learn and can close out the year with a great run of his own.

If you have followed his career for so long, then why can't you provide some insight to why you think this is gonna happen? If anything, Campbell is always cool and level-headed. His career is still very young; he's going to learn from what's happened the past few weeks. Are you suggesting that his future is going to be ruined by whats happened lately?? :rolleyes:

JC really needs to start winning some of these type of games for us though, and soon. :( He's just so damn close, if he can get his game up just one notch and finish things off he'll be the star we need in D.C.

Dude, Who can do better on our team? Brunell? Collins?

SHould we draft a QB and let him grow through his growing pains again?

Just suck it up. Jc is our QB for the next couple of years. Hes one tough SOB who our players believe in. Hes a leader and doesnt get rattled by DE and DT.

The 4 fumbles frustrated me more than the picks, I mean, fumbles are basic ball handling and it was embarassing today to do it 4 times in a half. :mad:

Especially Moss's Green Bay similar one.

Campbell just need to check it down, more or throw it away, he wanted it too quick there.

He IS a choker.

This is three straight weeks where we've had a chance to win the game and he's ended the game with a turnover(don't forget the fumble in the Eagles game).

Will he get better? I don't know. Right now he's nothing more than Patrick Ramsey part 2. Strong arm, tough willed, good enough to keep you in most games but can't ever close it out late.

He doesn't have "it." I thought at the end of last year he did but he just doesn't. He's a decent, slightly above average QB who chokes in the clutch.

Speaking of choke slightly OT but Gus Frerotte just fumbled the snap on 4th and goal with a chance to win it. Old habits...

Archived