Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MOST Things Jason Campbell (MERGED)

jackstraw

YOu guys can say what you want. I am not gonna jump on CAmpbell for this game. Yes he threw two picks late in teh game but the odds were stacked against him again.

This is his learning year. You can piss all over that if you wish but thats not me. I'm not gonna lose faith in him because hes making young QB mistakes. These are learning games. The rest of the season is a learning year for campbell, this whole year is a learning year for Campbell.

With all of our injuries in teh beginning and the poor performance of our recievers the odds were always stacked against this season and Campbell but he has coe out and soldiered through.

I will reserve my judgment of campbell until next year. This whole board is so kneejerk and they have forgotten that Qbs take time to develop. They just aren't mannings and bradys overnight.

JC will make strides this year and he will also lead us to some victories this year but most of all he will learn and grow through tough games this year.

JC will be great in the future but just not this year.

Cambell RIGHT now is a good quarterback. He needs t otake the next step to become a GREAT QB. Great QB dont throw interceptions in the endzone with the game on the line. BUt he i a first year starter going agaist the best pass defense in the league. I think he did well, but he needs to take the next step if we want to be the team we want to be.

i agree

but seriously wtf was he thinking

that was an awful pass

he should have hit someone underneath, then spike the ball.

these choke jobs are getting on my nerves

and its not just campbell, gibbs also sucks, we drop balls, our oline breaks down.

Let me guess. Once again the fumble was not his fault. or maybe the offense let him down. or maybe the defense let him down. O the coaches let him down. Every week the excuses change. But every week two things are consistent. The Redskins lose and Campbell makes critical mistakes on the critical drives. That is not "poise".

Forget how good his arm is. Forget other players not catching the ball. Forget the defense letting in scores in some games. More often than not, the Redskins were still in the game with a chance to win. And more often than not, Campbell can't get the job done and makes mental mistakes.

This is not the mark of a "franchise" player, and it certainly is not the mark of a guy that so many claim to bt an upcoming probowler (unless you mean knocking over those ten pins)

That's a tough statement to make. You don't know him, so how do you really know what he can and can't recover from?

I will say this: late game chokes are becoming his calling card, and that is a about as bad a characteristic as a quarterback can have. It's too early to go quarterback shopping again, but the Redskins might have to if this continues.

again, product of Joe GIbbs, the genius.
I am NOT a Gibbs fan at all, but this WAS NOT his fault!!! We just plain gave the game away because our players are moronic fumbling idiots!!! And, JC has NO clutchness what-so-ever!!!! Hopefully he will get there sometime soon but it is NOT looking good!! Our players lack intensity and football wit for some reason and I "AM" going to blame coaching for that one. We are just pathetic...simple as that.

YOu guys can say what you want. I am not gonna jump on CAmpbell for this game. Yes he threw two picks late in teh game but the odds were stacked against him again.

This is his learning year. You can piss all over that if you wish but thats not me. I'm not gonna lose faith in him because hes making young QB mistakes. These are learning games. The rest of the season is a learning year for campbell, this whole year is a learning year for Campbell.

With all of our injuries in teh beginning and the poor performance of our recievers the odds were always stacked against this season and Campbell but he has coe out and soldiered through.

I will reserve my judgment of campbell until next year. This whole board is so kneejerk and they have forgotten that Qbs take time to develop. They just aren't mannings and bradys overnight.

JC will make strides this year and he will also lead us to some victories this year but most of all he will learn and grow through tough games this year.

JC will be great in the future but just not this year.

Hmm......I thought the 2 years he spent with a clipboard were his "learning" years! Oh and he had the majority of last season and 11 games this season under his belt.

I'm not saying I'm giving up hope on the kid, but the picks he's thrown the last 2 games you wouldn't expect a HS QB to make. These are really inexcusable. Defend him if you wish, but honestly there is no defense for making some really horrible decisions when they mattered most.

Those are the memories most will take away from what were otherwise back to back nice performances.

Like just about everything else in the Gibbs2.0 stint.........nothing seems to be developing in the time frame in which it should. No surprises. Yet another tease game.

Three times in the last two weeks he has had the ball in his hand inside the 25 yard line with a chance to win a crucial game. And all three times he has thrown an interception. This is really starting to worry me. What's the point of crying after the Dallas game if you are going to come out the next week and make the same mistake again... TWICE.

Jason Campbell is a good quarterback. He has come a long way in his development, but he isnt quite there yet.. and that showed with those two throws he had on the last two drives. A more experienced QB doesnt make that throw.

We are just paying the price of having a 2nd year starting QB

Definitely.

It's frustrating to watch, but these are growing pains.

I think anyone who knows football and watches the last 3 games sees the potential, the poise and the maturation of a very very promising young QB.

It would be foolish for anyone to "lose faith" in the guy. I am extremely bullish on the future of Jason Campbell.

Jason Campbell is a good quarterback. He has come a long way in his development, but he isnt quite there yet.. and that showed with those two throws he had on the last two drives. A more experienced QB doesnt make that throw.

We are just paying the price of having a 2nd year starting QB

EXACTLY!! I am patient and have waited a long time for a franchise QB. I am willing to wait one more year to see if we really have that in JC. I understand everyone is really upset and so am I as i really wanted him too get that touchdown and prove he had arrived. But you can't just give up on a promising QB because hes making some mistakes in his first full year as a starter. The coaches have only really started letting him have control of the offense against phiilly. Romo sits to pee, Eli, Manning, Brady all had ful control from teh get go and they let them air it out and learn on the fly and that is why those guys make better decisions in the clutch.

Campbell hasn't really been given a chance to do anything until philly and now he is really starting to learn in the clutch and he will grow and make better decisions in the future.

and its coming.

please ask yourself, whats more important: the redskins winning football games for my personal, internet-based agenda?

yeah he made 2 HORRIBLE throws today 3 over the course of the past week that cost us the game. a young qb making 3 bad decisions out of 100 isnt that bad.

taylorcoreskins will probably have some stat as to why eli manning will be a better 10 year starter than campbell. others will probably point out that tony Romo sits to pee has a higher yards per third down attempt with less than 50 seconds left in a road game with playoff implications.

yeah he has made some mad throws. but he has also converted third downs. he has managed the game. JASON CAMPBELL HAS PLAYED SOME PRETTY GOOD FOOTBALL.

and when the hate comes, fine. it will likely be from those who think Gibbs is still the best coach in football. and youre wrong.

Archived