Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st post, but I have a question about Campbell (Mod Edited Title).

saynotoromo

It's never too much to ask for a player to help win the game.

That being said, to say we didn't win because of Campbell is inaccurate. I know he threw the pick, but the guy carried the team. If Brunell is in there it's another 28-7 win for Dallas just like last year. We're winning because of JC not despite him.

He did play great but like you said WRs stepped up today...

Good game for Campbell, but his receivers made him look great. Still too many throws behind, or high when the receivers are in motion. His best throws are when the guys are standing still are barely moving. In past games, his receivers made his stats worse than he played since there were a number of dropped balls. Today, it was the opposite. A lot of great catches.

I have mixed feelings. JC is the Best QB we've had in years. But really that's not saying a whole lot. We're used to seeing trash (Brunell, Ramsey, Weurfell, Matthews, Tony Banks, J.George, etc). Now we have good athlete with a strong arm playing, its very exciting.

The the OP has a point. What has he done in the clutch? He failed to get us in the endzone against the Giants. He failed to get us into fg range against the Packers. He was terrible againts the Pats (so was the rest of the team, but still). He fumbled against the Eagles with the skins down 1 and with plenty of time to get the GW FG.

Today again, he got us to the 19 but couldn't finish the deal. He overthrew Moss in the endzone for the (potential game winner), and then threw the int. He has made strides, but I'd like to seem him pull out a win in adverse conditions. That would be the next step as far as I'm concerned.

Until he does that, yards don't mean much to me, I want gutty wins.

isnt it amazing that opponent and non-biased media who watch Campbell truly believe we have a keeper but its always the so-called redskin fans who criticize our young qb.

Hey, don't you know that the whiners are the true fans and everyone else is just a deluded homer? I saw it in the Stadium so it must be true.......

I'm just trying to be realistic. I love JC, but once the question of whether or not he's our franchise quarterback is answered, what's the next question? Can he win tight games, the ones we need to? Have we seen that? I hope it's coming...

The offense is performing as is JC, our defense is not doing what it needs to do.

TO 4td's thats crazy, westbrook killed us last week..we gotta step up on defense

If Campbell is still making these same mistakes next year than we can call it a problem but these mistakes are fixable, having a habit of throwing INTs or overthrowing recievers on easy routes is one thing. The guy on 4th down made the right throw jeez the series just before we need two crucial tochdowns at the end to win it he got us ONE most teams at the end of the game need one not TWO so that is are defense fault to be able to bring us back from that Jason Campbell would have bben a god sent but with time he will get better and make those plays.

I have been highly critical of Jason Campbell in the past, but this game was all on defense. They just couldn't stop TO. Campbell threw the ball very well today, probably better than Tony Homo. We probably got all our drives to the red zone today. That's efficiency. Now, what we need to do is make sure we score touchdowns when we go to the red zone.

Also, our kicker missed a 50 yarder. Had he made that throw, we could have easily scored another 3 pointer to win the game.

Campbell impressed me today. Very much. He needs to show consistency now.

Also, his deep ball is too flat. He needs to throw an arc. I hope our coaches work on making sure he throw the deep ball more accurately.

agreed. He should have run on that play though instead if trying to force it to Randle-El which resulted in the game changing INT.

I agree. But I think that was the play of an inexperienced QB, not a choker QB. I think he threw it because he had it in his mind that they had to stop the clock. Analyzing the film, he's going to hopefully see that the first down was more important than a couple of seconds of clock. Similar situation to that final goal line situation in the first Giants game, where he had our team rushing up to the line every play even though we had a relatively large amount of time left.

JC has been way more clutch than you guys are giving him credit for. The first Philly game, he basically carried our team on his back toward the end of the game. The Green Bay game, our offense was basically being completely carried by Campbell. Today, we needed 2 touchdowns late in the game. He got us 1. He almost got us another on 2 different occasions. The kid is clutch...he just made a rookie mistake there at the end with that int.

Campbell is going to be good. Chill down dude. He's easily the best quarterback in his draft. The future looks bright in Washington. Gibbs has been more the problem then Campbell by always making decisions that take the ball out of Jason hands.

He's showing he's good at the 2 minute drill. The next development in his young career will be closing -- however, the coaches have to give him the chance. He threw a pic that cost us the game. It happens. Romo sits to pee fumbled away a playoff win for Dallas last year. Brady threw a pic to end the game last year against the Colts. Do you hang him? Of course not.

Jason is the least of our problems. And, in the last two games has actually been our brightest source. The coaching staff (in particular Gibbs) has to realize he's the star of the team and needs to build around him and show more confidence in the offense to make plays. Of course he's going to make mistakes. It's the process of a quarterbacks development. Geez, Favre thru 25 picks last year!

Jason right now is showing better then Eli, Rivers, and Alex Smith. If we allow Saunders to develop him, he wil be a gem. When you lose as many close games as Gibbs II has lost, it's then more about a philosophy -- a tendency.

We're not the far off. We need Taylor desperately. We just played the best team in the NFC -- the Cowboys and were in a position to win. We played Green Bay and threw the game away. It happens.

In the tradition of a Joe Gibbs team I think the team will finish strong and make a playoff push -- and could be one of the most dangerous teams in the NFC at the end of the year.

I love JC, but shouldn't he be showing us that he can win these types of games already? Tight, pressure packed games. TR has shown it, shouldn't we start asking him to do the same thing? Same amount of starts, no? Can we see that next level already? Stats are great, but we need the full package. Are we still asking ourselves every game if he is our franchise quarterback? Shouldn't it be answered by now? 2 games winnable in the 4th quarter, what gives?? I'm just asking for more, shouldn't we ask for more? Is it too early?

I agree with you. We gave up 3 draft picks for Jason...and he doesn't have the winning instincts to close off a close game

Good game for Campbell, but his receivers made him look great. Still too many throws behind, or high when the receivers are in motion. His best throws are when the guys are standing still are barely moving. In past games, his receivers made his stats worse than he played since there were a number of dropped balls. Today, it was the opposite. A lot of great catches.

Not sure what you expect from him...I am thrilled with how he is coming along as is most of the big NFL analysts are.

The fumbles for the most part are NOT his fault. EVERYTIME hes fumbled hes gotten CRUSHED from BEHIND. Especially todays game....what did you want him to do??? Samuels got smoked by Ware and he got rocked from behind......id like to see any QB hold on to that.

Only F-16 Chief can because he can turn is plane upside down quickly to see who is underneath of him. Oh wait this is football and the QBs don't have eyes in back of their heads!

I guess the time has come to build supersmart robots as football players.:doh:

give him a break already. This is entirely JG fault that they haven't let him open things up. This was the first game that I've seen some spark on offense. I mean I was really really impressed today. yeah we lost and I am totally bummed over ti but this was the first game that I saw a complete game out of the skins. WOW great game. I think JG actually let Al take over the offensive calls. That were really impressive. I can argue about the last series because let's face it, why not go for the end zone twice in the last 16 seconds but still they move the ball. Please oh please let them play this way the rest of the season and I now we'll be ready for the next level. If not we are done!! Seriously this was the first game I've seen we actually played a FULL game.

Hail

Archived