Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st post, but I have a question about Campbell (Mod Edited Title).

saynotoromo

saynotoromo,

Not really sure what you mean by 'showing us he can win games like this'. If you mean 'showing us he can', his performance does SHOW us he CAN. However, if you mean show us he can consistently win a game like this, only 1 QB in the last 7 years has shown he can consistently win a game like this. Farve is going to the HOF, he doesn't often win games like this. P. Manning is likely a HOFer when his carreer is over, he has NEVER won a game like this.

He is just now getting the opportunity to win games instead of manage them...In 2 games of taking the handcuffs off of JC he has almost 600 passing yds and 5tds against 1int...Looks pretty good to me...

Besides Some of the Best QB's of all-time struggled in their first 16-17 starts...

Getting critisized comes with the territory. What do you think happens when JC proves he can win games like this? The expectations and stakes will get higher and higher. What do you think happened with McNabb? Very successful quarterback, got them to the Super Bowl, and never stopped getting critisized. Just the way it is.

Criticism that makes sense, yes. Criticism that you are providing in this thread, ehhhh no. And as for McNabb, most people say that he's being criticised too much.

Hey, you know, the Cowboys had opportunities to put the game away, and TR didn't manage that!! OH NOES!!!

Exactly, remember the young Brett Farve when he played for the Falcons??? Sometimes you gotta give QBs time. All of these loses Jason is experiencing is only added to his experience level. Jason WILL be a beast in this league, you can count on that. I would be pissed if we ever let this guy leave.

Brett Favre's third year in the league, with the Packers, who went 9-7:

60.9 pct

3303 yds

6.33 ypa

19 TD

24 INT

72.2 rating

I already posted Manning's numbers when he was first starting out, so now we have Favre's. Can we PLEASE stop claiming that Campbell is not good because he's not currently on par with the elite QBs who have been in the league for 10+ years?

i have patience with the campbell bashers because redskins fans are so used to recycling quarterbacks and havent seen a young quarterback be developed since joe theismann. Go look at the stats guys for manning, palmer, farve etc... it takes time. i know someone is gonna say Romo sits to pee, brady and roethlisberger. What i will say is the those guys were placed on super bowl caliber team and only needed to manage the game. Hell big ben is still learning his way. 17 games is the equivalent of the opening day of his second season give him a break geez.

Exactly, if we did yank JC, who the hell you wanna bring in? Peyton Manning, Tom Brady????? Its not easy to get a great starting QB. Teams who have them are not going to let them go, you have draft and hope the guy pans out. Even if the guy has the physical talent, he may lack the fortitude or the heart. Or vise versa. We have easily one of the best young QBs in the league. He hasn't even started for 2 seasons yet. This dude has it. The size, confidence, poise, THE ARM, he's accurate at times, he's just not consistent. Wait till this dude has the comfort level, and the full support of the coaching staff, to where he's relaxed on the field having fun, and when we upgrade our talent at the WR position, this dude is going to be a monster. He is only going to get better. I have friends and associates who HATE the Skins, and they are calling this dude a beast. And he's only going to get better.

I was just responding to all the people that dismiss this argument as JC bashers, since when do quarterbacks get off lightly? Again, this criticism was brought up to highlight only that JC has not shown that extra something to win us tight games, when everything's on the line. (Cause that will be the next question we'll want answered, you know it) Yes, I know he doesn't play safety, but neither does Homo. You think they're happy giving up that many yards to JC?

Oh, and yes, I know, only 17 starts, I still think it's not too much to ask for maybe a glimmer this early.

I was just responding to all the people that dismiss this argument as JC bashers, since when do quarterbacks get off lightly? Again, this criticism was brought up to highlight only that JC has not shown that extra something to win us tight games, when everything's on the line. (Cause that will be the next question we'll want answered, you know it) Yes, I know he doesn't play safety, but neither does Homo. You think they're happy giving up that many yards to JC?

Oh, and yes, I know, only 17 starts, I still think it's not too much to ask for maybe a glimmer this early.

We got OT wins this year dude, what season have you been watching?

Yes, we've won the OT games, but, there was plenty of time on the clock (in OT), no hurry up. If you don't wind up scoring, then maybe defense will give you the ball back and you can take your time getting down field. Yes, nervewracking, and OT is pressure (I realize, it's sudden death), but in my opinion, it's not totally the same. We needed him to quarterback this team to a win, with his arm, with little time left, and it didn't happen. Or last game. That's all I'm saying. Maybe I'm being hard, but it is a good debate and one we should think about.

It's not really a good debate, and the comparisons to Romo sits to pee are getting tiresome...It's comparing apples to oranges...Romo sits to pee from day one was given the green light to chuck it all over the field whereas the Redskins have handcuffed JC until the last 2 games...So although they have the same number of starts Romo sits to pee has much more experience playing the wide open style of offense and has made his mistakes in the crunch were JC is just now getting the opportunity...

Ask yourself this how can he be good at something that the team never allowed him to do until 2 games ago...Now relax and enjoy watching the fortunes of this franchise get better every sunday now that we're letting JC play!

Archived