Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st post, but I have a question about Campbell (Mod Edited Title).

saynotoromo

I love JC, but shouldn't he be showing us that he can win these types of games already? Tight, pressure packed games. TR has shown it, shouldn't we start asking him to do the same thing? Same amount of starts, no? Can we see that next level already? Stats are great, but we need the full package. Are we still asking ourselves every game if he is our franchise quarterback? Shouldn't it be answered by now? 2 games winnable in the 4th quarter, what gives?? I'm just asking for more, shouldn't we ask for more? Is it too early?

I love JC, but shouldn't he be showing us that he can win these types of games already? Tight, pressure packed games. TR has shown it, shouldn't we start asking him to do the same thing? Same amount of starts, no? Can we see that next level already? Stats are great, but we need the full package. Are we still asking ourselves every game if he is our franchise quarterback? Shouldn't it be answered by now? 2 games winnable in the 4th quarter, what gives?? I'm just asking for more, shouldn't we ask for more? Is it too early?

YES its too early. Give the guy some time to play.....the smarter decisions will come with time. I know its hard to be patient being a redskins fan these days....but with out of all the players on the team its Campbell we need to be patient with. Hes showing the kind of promise early on his career, that the great NFL quarterbacks show.

Here is the difference...no 'skin equivalent to TO.

Good game for Campbell, but his receivers made him look great. Still too many throws behind, or high when the receivers are in motion. His best throws are when the guys are standing still are barely moving. In past games, his receivers made his stats worse than he played since there were a number of dropped balls. Today, it was the opposite. A lot of great catches.

He still makes bad decisions. He's not accurate and he fumbles every game. He has not shown anything that makes him look like anything other than a okay quarterback. He doesn't have star written on him.

The fumbles for the most part are NOT his fault. EVERYTIME hes fumbled hes gotten CRUSHED from BEHIND. Especially todays game....what did you want him to do??? Samuels got smoked by Ware and he got rocked from behind......id like to see any QB hold on to that.

He still makes bad decisions. He's not accurate and he fumbles every game. He has not shown anything that makes him look like anything other than a okay quarterback. He doesn't have star written on him.

Yeah, Romo sits to pee still makes a lot of bad decisions - he threw about 4 balls into the hands of the Redskins.

Shouldn't GW be showing us he can call a defense to perform when the game's on the line? Give it a F****n break! Give Campbell TO as a target and the Redskins' secondary as the defense, and see what happens.

Is that you Ron Wolf? No its a clueless impatient arm chair type or is it another Brunell fan.

This is the kids 17th game the 1st with the restrictor plates off.

Good game for Campbell, but his receivers made him look great. Still too many throws behind, or high when the receivers are in motion. His best throws are when the guys are standing still are barely moving. In past games, his receivers made his stats worse than he played since there were a number of dropped balls. Today, it was the opposite. A lot of great catches.

Receivers are paid to catch the ball...whether it's a little high, or a little behind them, or a little bit of both...I'll say it again, receivers are paid to CATCH the ball and MAKE plays. JC threw the ball almost 50 times...not every single one of them can be right on the money.

I don't understand what some fans want from this kid...It seems that you are always finding something to criticize him for...He's essentially played one full season as a starter and he is still learning how to be an effective NFL quarterback. He has drastically improved since week 1....So be excited for Jason's and this team's future. Be thankful that JC isn't Joey Harrington or David Carr, who are two highly tauted busts.

I don't see the point in saying things like, "Oh man, did you see that 30 yard completion that the receiver had to lunge for. The quarterback needs to make a better throw next time."

The title of this thread should be "Campbell looked good." not Campbell looked good, but..." There should be no but given today's performance. In my opinion, the miscues made today were a product of inexperience and weren't committed because JC sucks and doesn't know what he is doing.

Jason is growing into a very solid NFL quarterback and I'm excited to see what he's really capable of when he learns how to close games consistently. And he will learn how to.

HAIL!:dallasuck

Is that you Ron Wolf? No its a clueless impatient arm chair type or is it another Brunell fan.

This is the kids 17th game the 1st with the restrictor plates off.

Do throws like the 10 yard overthrow to Moss in the 1st Philly game have anything to do with restrictions? Nope. Pro quarterbacks hit open receivers.

And I'm clueless and impatient for thinking that even the worst NFL quarterbacks should be able to hit open receivers, or today for example, not throw stupid picks? I didn't say bench him. But right now, he is just okay. I'd like to see progression. I saw more yards, but I also saw 52 attempts. DUH!!!!

I also agree that he has been hamstrung by a horrible coaching staff. Still, run when you have open lanes. Don't give games away. Try to hold on to the ball a little better. He has had too many fumbles this year. Not everyone was a blindside open shot like today.

I'm also worried that running a no huddle offense is the only way that the coaching staff can get JC unleashed? Really? Does he have to get into a groove in order to complete some passes? Why are we rushing the plays at 3 minutes left? We could've ran some and took more time off the clock? Are we that worried that JC will lose his rhythm?

Do throws like the 10 yard overthrow to Moss in the 1st Philly game have anything to do with restrictions? Nope. Pro quarterbacks hit open receivers.

And I'm clueless and impatient for thinking that even the worst NFL quarterbacks should be able to hit open receivers, or today for example, not throw stupid picks? I didn't say bench him. But right now, he is just okay. I'd like to see progression. I saw more yards, but I also saw 52 attempts. DUH!!!!

I also agree that he has been hamstrung by a horrible coaching staff. Still, run when you have open lanes. Don't give games away. Try to hold on to the ball a little better. He has had too many fumbles this year. Not everyone was a blindside open shot like today.

I bet the 49ers will give you Alex Smith for him.

Archived