Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st post, but I have a question about Campbell (Mod Edited Title).

saynotoromo

Im sorry, but did Campbell play FS at some point during this game?

QBs are bound to make mistakes, and yes the fumbles have to stop, but for crying outloud! JC went pass for pass with one of the NFLs top arms, and then ONLY reason we lost was no Sean Taylor.

I think JC is our future QB, and BY FAR the best QB to come out of that draft class.

I love JC, but shouldn't he be showing us that he can win these types of games already? Tight, pressure packed games. TR has shown it, shouldn't we start asking him to do the same thing?

When did Romo sits to pee win a tight game?

So Campbell's 2 overtime drives don't count as winning tight pressure packed games?

watching us lose with JC is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

much more exiting than watching us lose with #8. ill take campbell and his no big deal attitude over any qb in the league right now.

I love JC, but shouldn't he be showing us that he can win these types of games already? Tight, pressure packed games. TR has shown it, shouldn't we start asking him to do the same thing? Same amount of starts, no? Can we see that next level already? Stats are great, but we need the full package. Are we still asking ourselves every game if he is our franchise quarterback? Shouldn't it be answered by now? 2 games winnable in the 4th quarter, what gives?? I'm just asking for more, shouldn't we ask for more? Is it too early?

What gives is poor execution on the defensive side of the ball. Campbell has been asked to manage the game, but the defense has put him into a position where he has to come from behind to win it. I know it's the NFL, and Jason almost came through, but it wasn't his fault. This was only his 17th start and if I'm not mistaken, his first 300 yard game of his young career. This is still a learning experience for him and it's good that he's experiencing this. It will only make him far better than he is right now.

i have patience with the campbell bashers because redskins fans are so used to recycling quarterbacks and havent seen a young quarterback be developed since joe theismann. Go look at the stats guys for manning, palmer, farve etc... it takes time. i know someone is gonna say Romo sits to pee, brady and roethlisberger. What i will say is the those guys were placed on super bowl caliber team and only needed to manage the game. Hell big ben is still learning his way. 17 games is the equivalent of the opening day of his second season give him a break geez.

I think it was too much to ask of him to score a td on every possession coming down the stretch even though the team was moving the ball more consistently. Even the best qbs don't score everytime. Not many kids coming out of college can do it all right away. Campbell is showing improvement but still has a ways to go. Frankly, I'd take him over a lot of other quarterbacks.

I was taking a wait and see approach to Campbell but yesterday, well even since last week, I think that he has shown that he can run this team. The confidence is seeming to be coming and if his receivers can stay healthy, I think that come playoff team we are going to have a bona fide star QB back there.

This is bull****. Manning won games in the closing seconds in his second year. JC should be doing the same if he hopes to become an established quarterback someday.

On the other hand, after 17 starts Manning was 4-13 and had thrown 30 INTs and had a passer rating right around 72.

And I love the "Campbell isn't as good as Manning, therefore he sucks" argument making the rounds on this board lately. It's really convincing. :)

Yes, you are right, but I guess I have him on the TR learning curve, it seems like the pukes question is answered, why can't ours be? I mean 54 pass attempts?
Tony Romo sits to pee has been in the league for five years. Don't be surprised if Campbell looks like that in two years.

Yes, it is still too early for us to yank him outta there. He does have the tools although forcing that throw to Newman was just horrible but he'll get better.
It was a hard situation where he had to try to make something happen. I really believe we've got a great quarterback. He did enough to for us to win in the last two games.

Just remember who was here as QB when Joey T came into the league with us. A couple of losers by the names of Kilmer and Jurgeson. Joe Theismann got to sit behind them, when he wasnt running kicks back and watch how they did it. Who has JC had in front of him to learn from? Imagine if JC could have learned from Bill Kilmer and Sonny Jurgeson. Imagine if he had a strong line. With what he has had to work with, I am happy to see the progress he has made.

Earlier this year, I made the observation that I thought he was overthrowing the receivers on long passes so badly because he was so excited to throw the ball. Most of his overthrows I have seen the past 2 games were either putting it where his receiver had a chance and not the defender, or being pressured and putting too much on the ball. I see better ball control now than I did earlier this season.

i have patience with the campbell bashers because redskins fans are so used to recycling quarterbacks and havent seen a young quarterback be developed since joe theismann. Go look at the stats guys for manning, palmer, farve etc... it takes time. i know someone is gonna say Romo sits to pee, brady and roethlisberger. What i will say is the those guys were placed on super bowl caliber team and only needed to manage the game. Hell big ben is still learning his way. 17 games is the equivalent of the opening day of his second season give him a break geez.

The fumbles for the most part are NOT his fault. EVERYTIME hes fumbled hes gotten CRUSHED from BEHIND. Especially todays game....what did you want him to do??? Samuels got smoked by Ware and he got rocked from behind......id like to see any QB hold on to that.

I agree that many of the fumbles are not his fault, but I disagree that this one was not.

There are two reasons I feel this way. One, he should have seen Ware lined up so far outside and known that it would be difficult for an o-lineman to get outside as quickly as the d-linemen could get around. Two, he should have seen that Ware was jumping his snap count ALL DAY LONG and adjusted.

I agree that Campbell was for the most part impressive, but I feel as though the missed TD to Moss and the INT overshadow the rest of the game at this point in the season and his career.

Is it all TO? Does Brett Favre have a TO? I don't want to make excuses, I guess this loss finally made me want to post, and yes, I am impatient, but we know greatness can be seen early on, and this gives me hope, but c'mon. Where's the W?

TO accounts for 44.4% of Tony Romo sits to pee's TDs. Consider the kind of coverage that draws from secondaries around the league. He still gets open, and because of the respect he receives, the receivers playing opposite him get open, too. I very rarely saw any of our receivers get that kind of respect yesterday except for maybe Cooley.

Also, I truly get a kick out of the Brett Favre comparisons. When Favre was in his first few seasons starting, he had a guy by the name of Sterling Sharpe to throw to. His receivers right now are a lot better than you give them credit for, too. None of them are on TO's level, but his top 3 WRs are all about as good as Lee Evans. Also, only one of them is shorter than 6', and he's 5'11" (Jennings). Oh and Favre has been in the league since '91!

I can imagine your frustration with the loss. Losing to the Cowboys is the worst kind of feeling, but putting the onus on JC to win the game is misguided. JC could have won it for us on that toss to Moss, but I'm surprised he was able to see Moss at all considering he had two defenders in his face (picture available in this thread). Keep in mind that he had led us to 3 straight scoring drives prior to that miss to Moss. JC kept us in the game, while the D kept letting it go. A fourth straight scoring drive would have gone beyond being a clutch QB. You and I would have both liked to have seen it, but to expect that out of a QB in his 17th start is unrealistic.

Some people aren't happy unless they've got something to complain about. I think that even if Campbell had been able to deliver a win, the usuall suspects would be on here complaining about something that Campbell did. It's truly sad when everyone can see a young guy, who works hard and has shown much improvemnt, but all some people can do is b**** and moan. It's pathetic.

He still makes bad decisions. He's not accurate and he fumbles every game. He has not shown anything that makes him look like anything other than a okay quarterback. He doesn't have star written on him.

And I guess Troy Aikman had star written on him his rookie year (1-15). Remember this is his first season as a full time starter. If this game does not show you that JC is going to be a big time star, then I don't know what else he must do. If our db's would have been awake and covered TO, we would be praising JC.

Getting critisized comes with the territory. What do you think happens when JC proves he can win games like this? The expectations and stakes will get higher and higher. What do you think happened with McNabb? Very successful quarterback, got them to the Super Bowl, and never stopped getting critisized. Just the way it is.

Archived