Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Whats Wrong With the 2008 Redskins"- post thoughts here.

AFskinsfan

It's a thing called NO D-LINE!!! Seriously...they get owned every play each week. Can you imagine if this 5th ranked defense had a pass rush like the Giants or Cowboys?

It's a thing called NO O-LINE!!! Can you imagine a game without holding penalties, illegal formations, and with good blocking?

Mix that with crappy playcalling, lousy punting, and a garbage kicker and you have the current 7-7 Skins.

23 players on our roster are 29 or older. Almost half the team! Majority are starters.

We lost steam in the second half!! It seems to me that the reason we went flat in the 2nd half of the year is due to age. We have also had trouble closing games out, it is no secret as one ages you lose stamina/more injury prone. Not to mention, younger guys tend to come out alot more fired up for a game than the old vets(we start flat as well). 29 is certainly on the downswing of an NFL career.

I really think we can chalk alot of this season up to aging injured vets.

:2cents:

Depth, Depth, Depth on the Redskins offensive line. They need better pass protection and run blocking techniques.

Need a playmaker or two as well as depth on the Redskins defensive line, particularly at both left & right defensive end positions.

If Cerrato doesn't emphasize these needs in the upcoming offseason through the NFL Draft, I'd give him a pink slip and show him the door.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement a buddy of mine made recently?

"BAD ownership breeds BAD management; BAD Management breeds BAD coaching; BAD coaching breeds BAD players"

Over the last few years the Redskins organization has seen some of the above. The question is how does it get fixed in the short run and in the long run? We do have a good coach. How do you fix everything else in the next few years without making more costly mistakes?

The one thing that your buddy is correct on is this: DAN SNYDER needs to realize that he and Vinny are not real NFL general managers. He needs to hire a Bobby Betheard to pick the players and get rid of players, etc. Any fool can make a first round draft pick, but the great ones can also make great picks in the 5th to 7th rounds of a draft.

I don't blame Zorn at all for this season.....you need great players to have a great season. The Skins biggest problem right now is that they don't score enough points, and for this team it's because they don't have a QB that can convert in the REDZONE. Always coming away with FGs loses games, instead of winning them.

NOTE: The Skins D is pretty darn good.....anybody else notice that the Skins are not getting blown out of games....I like the D.

The problem starts at the top with Dan and Vinny. Dan is great business man but is not a great football man. Once he realizes that and surrounds himself with good football minds, this team will be respectable again. Snyder also must realize that Vinny is part of the problem and not the solution, he has to realize that through all the coaching changes the only costant is Vinny and the team has still gone nowhere. Vinny has to go and we need a GM that has a proven track record and one that will not ignore the draft. We've been a mediocre team for way too long now and its time to bring some tradition back to the Redskins. It all starts with getting rid of Vinny.

Well here we are in the final two weeks of the season and the Redskins have taken their place at the bottom of the NFC East. The Euphoria from the beginning of the season about how good a player Jason Campbell is and the genius playcalling and coaching of Jim Zorn has all gone away. No longer are their boorish fans posting agressive messages on other team websites - always a classy move! The Skins have been exposed as the mediocre team that they are. Obviously they need help at Quarterback, defense, receiver, coaching, management. In short, it will be a long time before they make the playoffs in a division that has New York, Dallas, and Philadelphia because until some major changes are made they will always be behind these teams.

Major changes? I don't think so. The OL needs to torn down, and rebuilt. I would say that the defense, although good, needs more aggression. Campbell should worry about his starting job in the offseason. Next training camp, there should be a QB battle. Remember, Zorn didn't draft Campbell. Its almost like when Gibbs came back. Ramsey wasn't his pick. Campbell better get with it, Colt will looking to start. Thats my opinion.

And I think the players need to held accountable.

Major changes? I don't think so. The OL needs to torn down, and rebuilt. I would say that the defense, although good, needs more aggression. Campbell should worry about his starting job in the offseason. Next training camp, there should be a QB battle. Remember, Zorn didn't draft Campbell. Its almost like when Gibbs came back. Ramsey wasn't his pick. Campbell better get with it, Colt will looking to start. Thats my opinion.

:applause: totally agree

My Thoughts:

The DC Police are cracking down on speeders heading into DC:

For the first offense, they give you two Redskin tickets. If you get stopped

a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A. The Washington Redskins.

Q. What do the Redskins and Bill y Graham have in common?

A. They both can make 90,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ'.

Q. How do you keep the Washington Redskins out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal post.

Q. Where do you go in DC in case of a tornado?

A. To the Redskins Stadium - they never have a touchdown there!

Q. What do you call a Washington Redskin with a Super Bowl ring?

A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Redskins and a dollar bill?

A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. What do the Redskins and possums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Well here we are in the final two weeks of the season and the Redskins have taken their place at the bottom of the NFC East. The Euphoria from the beginning of the season about how good a player Jason Campbell is and the genius playcalling and coaching of Jim Zorn has all gone away. No longer are their boorish fans posting agressive messages on other team websites - always a classy move! The Skins have been exposed as the mediocre team that they are. Obviously they need help at Quarterback, defense, receiver, coaching, management. In short, it will be a long time before they make the playoffs in a division that has New York, Dallas, and Philadelphia because until some major changes are made they will always be behind these teams.

Cowboys fanboy for sure. :dallasuck

On a serious note though, I think if they keep Zorn and he learns from his mistakes we could do great next season.

Wait, what? We're not good?

This might be the very first post on this topic.

Love the 'other team's websites' quotes when this is exactly what this thread is.

How's life down there in Texas? Boring enough to take the time to create an account on our board for one taunting text?

This thread will be Heather Lock-leared any minute.

And your beloved cowbells are doing so great?

Those Super Bowl rings they started fitting themselves for back in July look pretty stupid right now.

Yeah, I agree. Just need one or two good offseasons - Infusions of youth and talent on both lines and maybe other places.

I dont understand player accountability though. What does that mean?

My Thoughts:

The DC Police are cracking down on speeders heading into DC:

For the first offense, they give you two Redskin tickets. If you get stopped

a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A. The Washington Redskins.

Q. What do the Redskins and Bill y Graham have in common?

A. They both can make 90,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ'.

Q. How do you keep the Washington Redskins out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal post.

Q. Where do you go in DC in case of a tornado?

A. To the Redskins Stadium - they never have a touchdown there!

Q. What do you call a Washington Redskin with a Super Bowl ring?

A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Redskins and a dollar bill?

A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. What do the Redskins and possums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

FUNNY:laugh::applause::)

I don't agree with your post. Therefore, you are a Manchurian Candidate from another team, sent on a mission of morale destruction.

All true fans of the Redskins live no further than 10 miles from Fedex Field, have their houses painted in Burgundy and Gold, and never criticize the status quo of the Redskins.

We are lucky we have OPs who have pointed you out as a destructive, insidious mole in our midst. Intolerance in the name of cliquishness and homerhood is no sin.

Archived