Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Whats Wrong With the 2008 Redskins"- post thoughts here.

AFskinsfan

Jason is not a leader. He does not have that aura about him. Look in his eyes. Look at his mannerism and they all translate directly to his play.

He was taught by his father not to make mistakes. With that ingrained in him from day one. With that came is inability to take risks. Lets face it the QB spot is all about calculated risk. Jason only throws when he knows he is going to complete the ball. In the NFL that is too late. This why he double clutches and pulls the ball down so often. He is hesitating.

I watch him play. I watch him talk and the lights are just not on. Look at Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. These guys just have a presence about them. They have that "it" factor and it comes out of their pores like sweat. It is them. They are not a house of cards like Lienart who is nothing but aura they simply have "it".

JC does not. Can he still be a good QB. Yes. Can he be a great QB I am not sure. I hate to say it but he reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. For Eli the light came on and he learned to lead the team once Tiki, I need to be the center of attention, Barber retired. He is clearly in control now. Maybe that is what needs to happen here. To me he has not shown it yet.

Hey, I'm all for 3 more years of mediocrity! Yeah, stay with JC for 3 more years but remember, you have to sign him to at least a 4 year contract at the end of next season if you want to continue watching our mediocre QB manage, not lead (only leaders can lead) this team. Also remember that Little Danny will have to pay him as a starter (BIG Bucks) which will affect the cap.

So yeah, go ahead and sign a still unproven and erratic QB to a long term contract and keep getting the same results, over and over again.

I could never understand this way of thinking. The myth that a QB must lead his team when they are down is so atiquated and has no real bearing on todays game. There was an article around these parts that was a real eye opener into this thought... cant seem to find it. just my opinion anyways...

Also... If JC is kept on the roster, why would you think it wll cost us big bucks to keep him? He has not performed on this godly level that would command an insane salary.... nor has he stunk the place up with turn overs or bad accuracy, etc...

Continuity is key. If you dsagree with that statment, can you give an example of a few teams that break this trend... also, before you start talking about Atlanta... lets see how they do next year... (Think the 2006 Saints... the 2007 Browns, etc...). I want to talk about perrennial winners, not one year wonders.

Continuity is a KEY ingredient to success in the NFL. There is no argument against that. To develop a team takes unity, and unity takes chemistry which isn't built overnight. We should know that better than anyone because we are one of the teams with the least continuity the last ten years.

The main area where you need continuity is at the Quarterback position, and the offensive scheme. Those two things should remain constant. I guarantee if Matt Ryan has to change offenses next year, he will have a HUGE sophmore slump. Campbell changes offense every year. How can he build any chemistry with his offensive staff?

Look...did you all listen to Cerrato this morning? Can you honestly say that his knowledge, public speaking skills, and outlook/plan for the future inpires anything in the way of hope for a brighter future for the Redskins? Seriously, do any of you feel that way? IT WILL NEVER CHANGE AS LONG AS HE IS THERE. Simple as that. The best that you can hope for is that some how, some way, Little Danny figures this out. The answer is right there in front of him. Get rid of the clown, hire a solid GM, step back, leave the team alone, and win games...clear cut, and simple.

Amen. A lot of us have been saying this for a while now. Whatever philosophy Vinny is running with, its obviously not working. Drafting THREE pass catchers last year when you have an aging/ineffective o/d lines? Then signing a 35 year old to be our key pass rusher and giving up TWO Draft picks and $ 8 Mill for him? This is very very very bad. And until Vinny goes, we will stay mediocre.

BTW, The Redskins are STILL cuttin' B. Lloyd checks.

Thanks Vinny

It sounds like Dan lost Vinny a ton of money in SIX stock.

He may have lost all of his savings.

You have two choices:

1. Protest. Not on here, but for real. Don't go to the games. Wear green if you do.

2. Or just come to terms with the fact that we are going to suck....and accept it. Take your heart out of the situation.

:cheers:

Jason is not a leader. He does not have that aura about him. Look in his eyes. Look at his mannerism and they all translate directly to his play.

He was taught by his father not to make mistakes. With that ingrained in him from day one. With that came is inability to take risks. Lets face it the QB spot is all about calculated risk. Jason only throws when he knows he is going to complete the ball. In the NFL that is too late. This why he double clutches and pulls the ball down so often. He is hesitating.

I watch him play. I watch him talk and the lights are just not on. Look at Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. These guys just have a presence about them. They have that "it" factor and it comes out of their pores like sweat. It is them. They are not a house of cards like Lienart who is nothing but aura they simply have "it".

JC does not. Can he still be a good QB. Yes. Can he be a great QB I am not sure. I hate to say it but he reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. For Eli the light came on and he learned to lead the team once Tiki, I need to be the center of attention, Barber retired. He is clearly in control now. Maybe that is what needs to happen here. To me he has not shown it yet.

This is the way I see it as well. Look at our SB QBs: Theismann, Williams, Rypien. I saw each of them have a fire, and a sheer will to win. They were not afraid to "get in someone's grill".(don't underestimate this, football is an emothional game) All I see in JC is a blank look.

Unfortunately, no matter what color you are wearing, Danny only sees green.

lol...sad but true.

For those going to the game.....

Just like the ES tailgate, why not have a Fire Vinny tailgate?

Signs, etc. It isn't difficult to get started.

Ok guys. This is Vinny's first year being in charge. You have to allow him to live or die by his drafts/personel moves. He drafted 3 pass catchers, an OL, 2 S, a P, QB. This draft can not be evealuated today. 2 years, minimum.

Adam Archuleta was Gregg Williams hand picked safety. Brandon Lloyd was Al Saunders pick. Vinny is on record saying that he would have re-signed Ryan Clark and signed as a FA Joe Jurevicius. Neither one was a world beater, but both would have been cheaper and an upgrade over the coordinators choices.

Everywhere Vinny has been where he has control of talent, he has been successful. Notre Dame (when they were a power). San Francisco (before they sucked). He knows how to evaluate talent.

I know in this modern day and age, you can't be patient. But you can't fire a GM after 1 season because of his"history" because he has none. This is Vinny's baby now. Form this point forward it is sink or swim.

Signs, etc. It isn't difficult to get started.

Its difficult to get them into the stadium, where they might have an effect. If you just had it in the parking lot, Danny would never notice...it's hard to make out the letters when he is soaring overhead in his helicopter.

I know in this modern day and age, you can't be patient. But you can't fire a GM after 1 season because of his"history" because he has none. This is Vinny's baby now. Form this point forward it is sink or swim.

Come on Vinny...you've been here for almost 10 years now. Don't blame others.

Archived