Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

on Mike & Mike this morning...

Novus

I was watching the last 30 minutes of Mike&Mike on ESPN2 this morning and they were doing power rankings (top 5 or 6) for the NFC and the AFC. Golic basically said the Redskins looked either "horrible" or "awful" (don't remember the exact wording) against the Cardinals and he listed Dallas, Green Bay, Giants, Seattle, DETRIOT and ARIZONA in front of us. Greenberg reminded him that Washington did happen to crush the Lions, so he listed us behind Seattle.

I was dumbfounded.

Anyone else see/hear this?

Nope but they aren't that far off from the truth. If we played that same game 10 other times like we did yesterday we'd lose it 9 out of 10. We got lucky and stole one from them.

Why is it the other team gets credit when we steal one from them, but when they steal one from us, it's b/c they're such a good team?

Why is it the other team gets credit when we steal one from them, but when they steal one from us, it's b/c they're such a good team?

Excellent question, and the answer is because we're the Redskins. Screw them all, I wasn't impressed with our performance, but I am extremely happy with the W.

He's right, they do look horrible. Barely beat the sorry Dolphins, barely beat the sorry Eagles, crushed the sorry Lions and lost to average teams in the Giants and Packers.

Defense is carrying this team, offense is not consistent and injured. I still think we'll win every game we ever play, but reality is this team is average at best right now.

Nope but they aren't that far off from the truth. If we played that same game 10 other times like we did yesterday we'd lose it 9 out of 10. We got lucky and stole one from them.

if we played those games 10 more times we wouldnt have the 2 penalties that kept the drive alive.

if fletcher doesnt get the taunting call they punt. straight up. and i will bet you any amount of money that he wont do that again.

I didn't see or hear this, but it doesn't surprise me. It's just more locker room posting material for this week.

No offence, but why would the players care what Golic or anyone else has to say about them from the media? Just go out and play ball, that's not "locker room posting material".

We hold the tie breaker from the Lions and the Cards, so we "should" be ahead of them as of right now.

I was watching the last 30 minutes of Mike&Mike on ESPN2 this morning and they were doing power rankings (top 5 or 6) for the NFC and the AFC. Golic basically said the Redskins looked either "horrible" or "awful" (don't remember the exact wording) against the Cardinals and he listed Dallas, Green Bay, Giants, Seattle, DETRIOT and ARIZONA in front of us. Greenberg reminded him that Washington did happen to crush the Lions, so he listed us behind Seattle.

I was dumbfounded.

Don't ever be suprised to hear Mike & Mike dog the Skins because they will do it all the time no matter if were are 16-0 or 0-16... We just have to accept the fact that they are very biased against our beloved team.

No offence, but why would the players care what Golic or anyone else has to say about them from the media? Just go out and play ball, that's not "locker room posting material".

We hold the tie breaker from the Lions and the Cards, so we "should" be ahead of them as of right now.

No offense taken...

...I know I perform better when I have people doubting me and I thinking maybe they're the same?

I actually don't mind this media hate. Keep em' coming!

Our offense has a huge hurdle right now. OL!!!! As long as we keep winning whichever way until we can get a functions line, I'm happy. I like the under the radar skins, it's just what the doctor ordered until we come back healthy.

He's right, they do look horrible. Barely beat the sorry Dolphins, barely beat the sorry Eagles, crushed the sorry Lions and lost to average teams in the Giants and Packers.

Defense is carrying this team, offense is not consistent and injured. I still think we'll win every game we ever play, but reality is this team is average at best right now.

But if the Giants and Packers are two of the top three teams in the NFC and we lost both games that we were in until the finish and had chances to win, wouldn't that make us a top 5 team in the NFC?

Yea I think they need to worry about posting a game plan in the locker room that will allow us to sustain drives before they post a no count piece of craps rankings of teams. Who really cares what they think, its pretty obvious we will continue to struggle until we learn how to do what gibbs has always done and control the clock and keep our D fresh.

Believe me I do know we are 4-2 and could of possibly been 6-0 so I dont want it to make it sound like I dont think we are good, but we need to learn to close these games out, Im only 26 I cant imagine what those of you all over 40 must feel like after a game. Hope you all keep yourselves in good shape cause an unhealthy heart can only take so much pressure.

I was dumbfounded.

.......But wasn't Garlic telling the truth? Campbell did decent (12-15 1 INT)but we looked bad on offense as a whole.

We don't deserve any credit right now. We are not there yet.

Probably because Golic picked the Cardinals. Greeny looked at him like he was crazy and said "I love washington in this game" and Golic took a couple shots at him "washington? are you kidding?" to which greeny repeated "I really love washington in this one".

Golic was wrong, now hes gotta make excuses.

Just as a quick question where did Mike and Mike put the Steelers ? I meen it doesn't matter how you win just that you win ...

Right now if your not taking into account the teams you have won or lost to I would put the G-men at the top of the NFC because in the Cowboys game the defence had not found itself since then they have been on a streak ... Cowboys have hardly brushed teams aside neither have green bay nor anyone else ...

Any given sunday ... GO SKINS

I never care for what Golic has to say. Everytime he opens his mouth I put the TV on mute. He can kiss my ass.

.......But wasn't Garlic telling the truth? Campbell did decent (12-15 1 INT)but we looked bad on offense as a whole.

The fact that we beat Detroit and Arizona and have a better record makes us a better team than them. It's as simple as that.

Offense couldnt make it happen. The defense played well but towards the end they were getting moved

The truth about us looking bad? Well, yes. Offensively we did look horrible. I just don't know if that had to do with the injuries or what (a fact that Golic seemed to overlook). I guess we'll find out in the next couple weeks. Defensively, we're one of the best in the league (another fact that Golic overlooked). I don't expect the media to jump on our bandwagon with how we played yesterday, but we still won.

We got one back from the Giants and Packers loss. Take it for what it is....a win.

Edit: Oh, and I was dumbfounded because we have BETTER records and BEAT the two teams he listed in front of us. Another person posted earlier that he picked us to lose against the Cardinals, so I guess it makes sense he would still put us behind them even though we won. Nice little ego Golic seems to have going for him.

Archived