Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ghosts vs. aliens

Burgold

Anyone watch the show "Ghost Hunters" on the SciFi channel?

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

If you're interested in the paranormal or ghosts at all, this show is the best one out there to watch. Some of the stuff they find is just insane.

They'll be doing a live broadcast Halloween night. They did one last year at the Stanley Hotel (hotel the novel "The Shining" was based off of).

Anyone watch the show "Ghost Hunters" on the SciFi channel?

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

If you're interested in the paranormal or ghosts at all, this show is the best one out there to watch. Some of the stuff they find is just insane.

They'll be doing a live broadcast Halloween night. They did one last year at the Stanley Hotel (hotel the novel "The Shining" was based off of).

I am a fan. Started a thread about it last year I think. I think the guys do a pretty good job and I would like to see this years live Halloween episode.

I will say though...and although it is from youtube, I have seen a few videos debunking what they find. I am not sure if this is on purpose on their part, but for supposedly looking to debunk everything, they sure do let some things slip through the cracks.

That being said, I've seen some **** on that show that just cannot be explained away!

I just spoke to my Mom about this and she related a pretty cool WWII story. My grandmother had fled into Russia and somehow contracted typhus. She was not alone. Given the conditions of the war in Russia it became somewhat of an epidemic or plague. In fact, as she described it people who got it were quarentined in a plague city, serperated from their loved ones, and basically left there to die. Most did. At one time during her illness, my grandfather was able to get close enough to see her through a window. She was so fevered that she did not recognize him. People were dying at an alarming rate. Then, as I am told, she had a dream of her dead Grandfathe praying and at the end of her prayer, he said.

"It is not your time"

The next day her fever broke and a day later she was released and healthy.

Ghost? Spiritual? Subconscious? I don't know, but it was pretty cool.

I don't believe in people that claim to talk to spirits or any such thing. However there is a mountain of video evidence of "ghosts" moving about. I'm not saying they are spirits of the dead but what we describe as "ghosts" have been documented in almost every possible way. Audio, video, and eye witness.

One man's supernatural is another's delusion. :)

So ghosts are legit to you. I'm guessing you are OK with demons and angels too.

Do you think the Icelandic people are right in their belief in elves?

How about witchcraft and magic?

What about crystal healing?

etc.

In 1994 I was staying in a dorm with some girls at Indiana State University in Pennsylvania for a weekend. I slept on a pullout couch in their living room. Throughout the night, I kept waking up to semi-conciousness, sort of unable to move but aware of where I was. Every time this happened, I'd look to the mantle above their fireplace and I would see a man in a mirror up there. The mirror was not reflecting me. This person was wearing a sort of "colonial" shirt or coat and he was fully-bearded and looked ill. I kept falling back asleep and finally slept until morning. When I awoke, I chalked it all up to being in a half-dream state the whole night. I even forgot about it while showering and making coffee.

During breakfast, the girls were talking about how they get spooked a lot in that dorm and they told a story about how sometimes when they are walking back from class, they look up into their dorm window to see a man looking back at them. I dropped my fork on the kitchen floor and asked, "A pale man with long hair and a long dark beard?" These girls went stone white and replied, "Yes." I told them I had just spent the entire night staring at the guy. They both started crying and I was completely stunned.

Being so far removed from the event now, I can't really say what happened that night or if it was all just a coincidence. Very strange though.

I think you meant to post this in another thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217344

When something unfamiliar happens, pointing to the supernatural is nothing more than saying "I don't know how else to explain it". That's not to say the supernatural doesn't exist, but we've yet to see it.

As for science dismissing any credible evidence as being made up I don't think that accurate. For centuries every person who has claimed abilities to communicate with spirits or other supernatural powers have been shown to be fakes.

you're saying stuff without backing it up at all. fist of all, you should edit that to say I have yet to see it. not we.

furthermore, you say every person. while there are a large number of illusionists and fakes and scamers, there are unexplainable instances of people who seem to have abilities that are impossible to fake. a prime example used to support this is childrens reactions to certaint situations involving the unexplained. for instance I remember when I was about 11, my 3 year old cousin suddenly stopped playing and was staring at the corner of the room. I turned and nothing was there and asked wha he was staring at. he said the old lady and asked who she was. there was no one there. that was extremely creepy for me.

explain that one corcaigh

Quote from the movie Contact:

"There are 400 billion stars out there in our galaxy alone. Now if only one out of a million of those stars had planets. And if just one out of a million of those had life. And if just one out of a million of those had intellegent life...there would be literally millions of civilizations out there."

My money is on aliens.

Growing up with shows such as "In Search Of" really spurned my interest in the paranormal. So, yes, I believe in both ghosts and extra-terrestials. I believe that there's probably a logical explanation for ghosts, and that, like others, the Universe is too old and too amazingly large not to have anything else out there.

I've talked about the EVP I had captured at Harper's Ferry, so I even have my own bit of "ghostly" evidence.

After all, has anyone ever looked at the Hubble "Deep Field" images (which I posted yesterday)? With the sheer size of our galaxy, and let alone the Universe, it is absolutely absurd for anyone so suggest nothing is out there, especially with our limited knowledge.

for instance I remember when I was about 11, my 3 year old cousin suddenly stopped playing and was staring at the corner of the room. I turned and nothing was there and asked wha he was staring at. he said the old lady and asked who she was. there was no one there. that was extremely creepy for me.

explain that one corcaigh

That's a tough one.

I'm going to go with your three year old cousin has a vivid imagination.:)

If it was a six foot green rabbit would you be thinking ghost?

you're saying stuff without backing it up at all. fist of all, you should edit that to say I have yet to see it. not we.

So everything is valid 'cause someone claims it.

Crystal healing

Yogic flying

Mindreading

Being abducted and probed by aliens

Demons

Elves

Witchcraft

Weeping statues

What's real and what's made up?

What about different dimensions/parallel universes ect?

Might your ghosts and aliens be found there?

I find it strange many believe aliens exists light years away,while overlooking time/space possibilities.

One man's supernatural is another's delusion. :)

So ghosts are legit to you. I'm guessing you are OK with demons and angels too.

Do you think the Icelandic people are right in their belief in elves?

How about witchcraft and magic?

What about crystal healing?

etc.

I seem to be failing at making my point here. I don't know what ghosts are. Thus angels and demons and the rest really doesn't have anything to do with what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that strange forms moving about have been caught on film. Things have moved on their own and have been caught on tape doing so.

Personally I've watch a door slam, write it off as a window being open, only to watch it unlock itself, the knob turn, and open again. I don't pretend to know what causes it... only that there is more then enough evidence that the things described as hauntings do in fact take place.

Are you one of the rational scientific minds that believes in world wide hoax attempts by unrelated persons or mass hypnosis? All I'm saying is the things that have been video taped and witnessed, do happen. Claiming otherwise is harder to swallow when one actually thinks about it.

I dont think a single person has answered the actual question posed in the subject line.

It says "ghosts vs aliens"

So......who would win ?

Ghosts would win, because the aliens would never see them coming.

You've never seen Ghostbusters have you? If we could have thought of the concept so long ago, there's got to be aliens that are thousands of years more advanced than us that can suck up a ghost. :laugh:

That said, I believe in both. There's just too much universe for Earth to be the only planet with life, and the whole ghost concept just sounds legit to me.

I don't believe that is an accurate account of what happened. But I'm sure that doesn't bother you. :)

If you had witnessed what I have, you would be singing to a different tune.

Of course it is all a matter of opinion, but not everything can be de-bunked.

This is why I like the show Ghost Hunters, they try to disprove a haunting, and when they catch something, it is always awesome :)

Archived