Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ghosts vs. aliens

Burgold

He's Christian. And an avid member of the "Whatever I say is the truth" club so ignore him. I'd put him on the same plane as Mass_SkinsFan honestly.
excuse me? I'm greatly offended by that to be honest. I'd like for you to take that back. really

edit: in fact you know what? I'm very offended by this. I am a very open-minded person, and ES in fact helped me reshape my world view to be as such. Yes I am a Christian, so what? my religious views have nothing to do with this.

If you dought the validity of what I say, address that with me, don't go lumping me in with that group of mindless zombie-like bunch of neo-con talking heads.

;)

This is why I like the show Ghost Hunters, they try to disprove a haunting, and when they catch something, it is always awesome :)

It's a TV program whose sole purpose is entertainment. They make stuff up. It is scripted. If they never found anything why would anyone watch? :)

It's a TV program whose sole purpose is entertainment. They make stuff up. It is scripted. If they never found anything why would anyone watch? :)

That is a reach, honestly.

99% of the time, they never find anything, because they dis-prove the haunting, but people still watch.

The fact that they never find anything is WHY people watch, because when they do catch something unexplainable, it is legit.

It's not true becuase it's not. Any evidence is faked. All events are scripted. All witnesses mistaken. Just because.

excuse me? I'm greatly offended by that to be honest. I'd like for you to take that back. really

edit: in fact you know what? I'm very offended by this. I am a very open-minded person, and ES in fact helped me reshape my world view to be as such. Yes I am a Christian, so what? my religious views have nothing to do with this.

If you dought the validity of what I say, address that with me, don't go lumping me in with that group of mindless zombie-like bunch of neo-con talking heads.

oh and btw I am probably much more inteligent than you are so kiss my ass. I don't care what you say, I'm very secure in what I believe and in my inteligence.

and to be honest I am right most of the time ;)

Just so you know, when you spend time replying to such attacks (and then go back and edit your reply), you don't come off as "secure" and not caring what someone says.

Concepts of death and space are so vast, each one could be so possible that we even look dumb NOT to believe in them. But still, there is no reason to believe or not to believe that either exists, that's how little we know about them. I would say it's plausible that there is another lifeform somewhere, lightyears away. Maybe we'll meet them at world's end.

I'm a big space nerd, and as much theory that goes in to a lot of different things that do with space, there has to be life somewhere else. The odds against it are too far beyond the decimal point to be taken seriously.

It takes one planet, a fair distance away from it's star, to host life. Who says life can only exist with oxygen? Who are we to make rules for the potential of other life forms? All I know is that if the planet isn't frying, or an icecube, it will mold up with bacteria like a piece of bread does on a 73 degree kitchen table.

How many stars are in our galaxy? 2...4 billion? We have a SMALL galaxy compared to some, that hold up to a trillion stars. So multiply that, by the MASSIVE amount of GALAXIES that are out there. You have yourself an insanely large number.

This planet has harbored many, many, many lifeforms. And the process has been destroyed before, maybe even more than once. Imagine the advancement a lifeform living on a Jupiter sized planet has made since the beginning of TIME! If things such as comets, black holes, or war hasn't stopped them - they have a several BILLION year head start over us. They could be much stronger, incredibly larger, incredibly smarter, and have unlocked so many more keys to the universe.

We, my friends, are way too arrogant to say that we are the be-all end-all to life in this virtually infinite universe.

I assume you haven't watched the show very much.

As someone mentioned earlier, they don't find stuff a lot of time or debunk possible causes of "haunting" activity. In some episodes, they really don't spend a great deal of time at a particular location since nothing was found; it can be hit and miss with their investigations.

But the stuff they have found is probably some of the best paranormal evidence that's been collected.

What about different dimensions/parallel universes ect?

Might your ghosts and aliens be found there?

I find it strange many believe aliens exists light years away,while overlooking time/space possibilities.

A friend I were talking this just last night, in regards to gravity, ghosts, aliens, and alternative dimensions/universes (as it relates to M-theory and such). After all, how do you explain EVPs if ghosts are non-corporal beings? Perhaps they do have a physical existence, except in the parallel dimension.

It may sound weird to some, but it's great conversation over a few beers.

Archived