Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss is doubtful, can we win this game without him?

nneece

if, in a team sport, one player can go down and cause severe malproduction then your probably not as good as you once thought. my $.02

that said, i'm not too sure moss has helped us win games this year...he hasn't lost any for us, but he hasn't xactly been lighting it up either. nice that this came after a bye as we've had time to get thrash et al ready

Even the title of this thread makes me sad.

I still think we have a team that can win......and can do it WITH or WITHOUT Moss.

He was shut out of the Miami game......and ARE stepped up.

I think CP and Ladell can carry our team.

I think ROCK will continue to give us good field position.

Jason is not yet there.....but he has the arm to make great plays.

I am just really tired of the doubt.

Not being ugly to you nn, just cant' understand how everyone has so much doubt.

because on any given sunday we could lose. Especially after the giants game, with alot of people coming on here talking about shut outs and stuff, a game like this puts alot of doubt and uncertainty in you. trust me, me and everyone else on here want a win as bad as you do.

if the eagles defense could holdem to 21 points or so than our defense will crushem and J.C. will be unleashed.

using that logic, i'm guessing after week one of the college football season, you had appalachian st winning the bcs title game

any given sunday my friend...true story

So I finally had some time and played Madded 08 vs the Lions on all Pro level, I ran the ball over 130 yards in the game, I passed it to BL over 8 times and he didnt catch any, just couldnt get open. I replaced Moss with JT and he didnt catch any passes either, couldnt get open. My MVP of the game: YODER, Cooley and CP, won the game 24-10. Book this game we are winning it this Sunday 24-10 :D :doh: oh and sellers picked up 5 1st downs on 3rd down and 3,4,2,1,1

We could easily win without him, or Randle El. But that would require a coach who isnt afraid to be agressive. We have more than enough talent on this team to be a GOOD playoff team. Its only the coaching thats holding them back.

how is the coaching holding us back?

let me pose this next question:

do we, as b&g fans tend to overevaluate our talent?...when was the last time we let a player leave that made the probowl...better yet, when was the last player signed (not drafted, but signed) to make the pro bowl? i'd argue that there's a severe malfunction in our fo that even the great Joe Jackson Gibbs cannot overcome. it's not danny...not cerrano, but the inexplicable abscence of someone that's paid to tell them all no

i definitely think we can still win.... not having him out there will allow the lions D to focus on the running game a little more, but then we can take a couple shots down field once they get comfortable. i think we should run a couple WR screens with ARE.... with how elusive he is, it could be amazing

i'd say clinton portis is still our number 1 scoring threat. i think defensive coordinators lose more sleep worrying about CP than they do our recievers

They probably lose sleep over Taylor too. After all he was our #1 scoring threat in the last couple of games of the 05 season. :silly:

We should have no problem with winning without Moss, he is our main deep threat but this is a team and we will have to put another w/r in his spot to carry his load, true it may take a couple of passing plays or shorter routes to start off with but the outcome should result in a score which is what we want, right ?

I agree with the dude that mentioned Kevin Curtis. I mean damn we got Randle El, Lloyd, Cooley, McCardell, and Caldwell. Somebody got to step the hell up this week. If Santana does miss i hope that he can get healthy and get back out there soon. I want to see him back in form.

No sunday is a good one to be w/o Moss, but I think this could be the worst of them. I have faith in our secondary to keep Detroit under 30 points but we'll need to score more than 20 to win this one and Moss is just to amazing after the catch to be sitting today. I don't want to risk his season, so I'd rather sit him but geez... this team has the worst injury timing.

I'm going to regret this but I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell that this game will go our way. Unless you see McCardell step up along with Lloyd which I doubt. Thrash cannot get open. Unless he finds some soft spots in a zone and we're playing from behind which I hope doesn't happen.

Once again I'm worried about this game and I don't think we can win without our best deep threat. The lions are going to stack the box and if they do that successfully and Campbell can't find open receivers we're in for a LOONG day.

Archived