Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss is doubtful, can we win this game without him?

nneece

The doubts emanate from the fact that we can't score more than 20 pts against anyone. We will never win consistently like that.

The doubts come because our defense cannot get pressure on the quarterback......any quarterback.

The Area 51.......go Landry!! All of that is a pleasant diversion from the fact that our team simply cannot compete at a high level.

Not to bash the coaches......we have good coaches......but the COACHING blows currently.

Our 2 minute drill is possibly the worst ever put on the field in the entire history of the league. Literally, the worst two minute offense ever to play.

Our clock management is bush league.....our offense is basically a joke.....and G Williams defense isn't much better.

It sucks......but it is unfortunately what we have seen.

I think he is a secrect weapon Joe is holding him back until week 17 :silly: :doh: He wants to be called Blloyd not Brandon or Mr. Lloyd, he asks his friends or the limo driver to call him Blloyd lol, he thinks his is like batman or superman.. I heard that from someone that knows him, not sure if that is true or not but thought I would share.

Wouldn't it be nice if just once......one time is all we are asking......if the Skins actually overachieved, as opposed to underachieve?

Is it really too much to ask for? 1 time in 15 years......where our team actually plays up to or above the individual parts.

I think he is a secrect weapon Joe is holding him back until week 17 :silly: :doh: He wants to be called Blloyd not Brandon or Mr. Lloyd, he asks his friends or the limo driver to call him Blloyd lol, he thinks his is like batman or superman.. I heard that from someone that knows him, not sure if that is true or not but thought I would share.

ya know... maybe I'm getting delusional now that I'm only my 11th hour of work (workin late)... but it just hit me funny.... I was trying to figure out if it was pronounced "B Lloyd" or if it was all one word "blloyd". And then I thought of Flava Flav. And then in my boredom...this happened....

blloydflava.jpg

LOL! cheesy humor is always fun.

BA DUM PSSSSH!!

Sue me. It's funny.

ya know... maybe I'm getting delusional now that I'm only my 11th hour of work (workin late)... but it just hit me funny.... I was trying to figure out if it was pronounced "B Lloyd" or if it was all one word "blloyd". And then I thought of Flava Flav. And then in my boredom...this happened....

blloydflava.jpg

LOL! cheesy humor is always fun.

BA DUM PSSSSH!!

Sue me. It's funny.

:laugh: well you know B Lloyd or Blloyd but that was funny...

Come on man, Moss is the best receiver we have, by far. I know fans have talked about drop passes by the receivers, but Moss gives it his all and from what I've seen Campbell is overthowing the receivers in a lot of instances and not delivering the ball in the pickle barrel.

I was just joking. :silly: (He does need to up his consistency a bit, however)

In all seriousness, Moss is one of our most dangerous weapons, and without him our offense loses a bit in the way of dynamics. However, he hasn't been all that dependable so far this season, and you've got to wonder how much that has to do with nagging injuries.

We'll be OK. We have plenty of depth at WR.

Sure. Moss is a major part of the offense and just one damn fine receiver at that. However, Skins wouldn't be much of a team if the loss of Moss cost them the game this weekend. I think it's a matter of who steps up the most here.

hopefully this will allow someone else to step up... one of the new guys or Lloyd... I think it will happen...

I also think that CP and Betts will carry this team and control the ball....Cooley will score as well....

You nailed it. ARE will command double teams especially after JC stares him down for 2 or 3 passing plays....

Gibbs knows he can't air it out against Detroit....he can't get into a dart match because Kitna and Co. is simply better than JC and the gang right now.

A strong running game (i.e. 5+ yard gains on 1st and 2nd down running plays) to keep the ball away from the kittens, coupled with a controlled passing attack and stout defense that steps up when it has to is what will win this game for us.

We can win with or without Moss, but our trench play will dictate our fate.

What I am more concerned about is how Moss stated to reporters that he felt "great" running routes today. My concern is that if you say it's up to the player, then the player says he is good to go, why would you then not pay him? It is deflating to a player's morale to hold them out if they feel they are ready. You can't say it's up to you then back off. Based on Santana's past comments, if he were still hurt he would say so. Plus, Bubba is quick to do an interview. This makes me very nervous. Have to see how this plays out later.

I was thinking that he said he is fine, he did all he needed to do during practice, so I am still holding out hope that he will play.

']You nailed it. ARE will command double teams especially after JC stares him down for 2 or 3 passing plays....

Gibbs knows he can't air it out against Detroit....he can't get into a dart match because Kitna and Co. is simply better than JC and the gang right now.

A strong running game (i.e. 5+ yard gains on 1st and 2nd down running plays) to keep the ball away from the kittens' date=' coupled with a controlled passing attack and stout defense that steps up when it has to is what will win this game for us.

We can win with or without Moss, but our trench play will dictate our fate.[/quote']

Can't air it out against detroit? You mean the team that has possibly the worst secondary in the NFL? You realize you can move the chains and have long drives while passing, right? deep/middle in routes, etc. Why are we still playing to our opponents' strenghts? Detroit is 18th vs the run, 31st against the pass. I'd love to see some shotgun formations with 3 WR sets on 1st and 2nd down with some draw plays thrown in, along with a balanced running game. We just can't afford to be predictable.

Even the title of this thread makes me sad.

I still think we have a team that can win......and can do it WITH or WITHOUT Moss.

He was shut out of the Miami game......and ARE stepped up.

I think CP and Ladell can carry our team.

I think ROCK will continue to give us good field position.

Jason is not yet there.....but he has the arm to make great plays.

I am just really tired of the doubt.

Not being ugly to you nn, just cant' understand how everyone has so much doubt.

If this is true......then Thrash will be wide open.

Maybe HE will be the one to step up.

hopefully this will allow someone else to step up... one of the new guys or Lloyd... I think it will happen...

I also think that CP and Betts will carry this team and control the ball....Cooley will score as well....

Seems we are on the same brain wave!!!

;)

While there is a lot to be said about our 2 minute offense(which blows) and being conservative we should remember just a few short weeks ago we beat a good defense(Philly) by coming out with a passing attack. The second half of the Giants game everybody was dropping balls. The coaching was not as bad as the execution by the players.

Having Santana out means it 's going to be even more crucial that our players execute. I am hoping for the best.

Archived