Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss is doubtful, can we win this game without him?

nneece

Moss is listed as doubtful today. Our entire offense doesn't currently hinge on Moss, but he is a big part of the WR corp. Can we win without him? Granted, we have brought in McCardell and Caldwell but how much practice time have they gotten in this system? They have no playing time. It concerns me, because we have 0 production from Brandon Lloyd. Thrash is not bad in a pinch but I don't think he has the speed anymore. ARE has not been bad but they can pretty much concentrate on shutting him down without Moss.

You would think that Cooley would play a big part this week and hopefully that will be the case.

Even the title of this thread makes me sad.

I still think we have a team that can win......and can do it WITH or WITHOUT Moss.

He was shut out of the Miami game......and ARE stepped up.

I think CP and Ladell can carry our team.

I think ROCK will continue to give us good field position.

Jason is not yet there.....but he has the arm to make great plays.

I am just really tired of the doubt.

Not being ugly to you nn, just cant' understand how everyone has so much doubt.

I think we should be ok. ARE has really stepped up, hopefully Lloyd can get in a bunch of plays and prove himself, we have a couple of decent vet WRs that just came in, and we have 2 RBs that can catch balls in the flat and take them for decent gains. Another key is getting Cooley involved. I'd love if we could use him like the Chargers use Gates. They line him up all over the place; in the slot, as a wideout, in motion. If we can get him in the game like that he can be our big go to guy for those 15-20 yard deep ins.

I still think we have a team that can win......and can do it WITH or WITHOUT Moss.

The Skins have to prove it on the field, and they have to prove it on the offensive side of the ball to quite the neysayers. At this point we only have 3 games under our belt because of the bye. The bye gives people a lot of time to ponder after a bad half of football and losing effort against the Giants. Otherwise, we have beaten the Dolphins who are average and the Eagles before they worked out some of their issues (they are still average, btw). The Skins are not currently among the elite in the NFL and need to beat some teams in a convincing fashion to get the monkey off of their back. Beating Detroit starting this weekend would be a great start.

After 2006 how can you doubt the doubt?

As far as the question posed in the thread title, sure we can win. This one will hinge on the defense. We can't win a shoot out right now. Jason needs more time to develop.

The Skins have to prove it on the field, and they have to prove it on the offensive side of the ball to quite the neysayers. At this point we only have 3 games under our belt because of the bye. The bye gives people a lot of time to ponder after a bad half of football and losing effort against the Giants. Otherwise, we have beaten the Dolphins who are average and the Eagles before they worked out some of their issues (they are still average, btw). The Skins are not currently among the elite in the NFL and need to beat some teams in a convincing fashion to get the monkey off of their back. Beating Detroit starting this weekend would be a great start.

Exactly.

And this statement gives an entirely different impression TO ME from your thread title.

Well, we'll have fewer dropped passes, that's for sure.

Come on man, Moss is the best receiver we have, by far. I know fans have talked about drop passes by the receivers, but Moss gives it his all and from what I've seen Campbell is overthowing the receivers in a lot of instances and not delivering the ball in the pickle barrel.

Exactly.

And this statement gives an entirely different impression TO ME from your thread title.

Nonetheless, I'm worried about Moss not playing in this game. I don't know who's going to step in and fill his role. Perhaps this is the week that Lloyd or someone else steps up.

Well where do we start? The doubts come from a team that forgot how to play football 2nd half of the game vs the gmen. The same team that cant score more than 20 points, even if you look at last year. Actually since Gibbs has been back we have not had many games that we scored more than 21...(I can be wrong but I would love to know how may games we have had that we scored more than 21) We still have a young QB that doesnt have enough experience and you take his #1 WR away, the right side of the O line.... D that looked liked the 2006 D 2nd half of the gmen game, you get nothing but doubts. I would love to have a positive feeling every game (just like the colts,Patriots fans do) but this team has not showed us anything to feel confident every week.

There isn't anything "good" that comes out of having one of your premier players injured. But if Santana doesn't play this game then it will hopefully give Lloyd a chance to step up and show if he is for real or not. I hope the coaches put him in, and I hope he takes advantage of it.

I just hope our players are more focused on what WILL happen, than looking at 2/12 quarters of this season.

I know it will take winning.......that is kinda one of those DUH statements. We have to win.

I just dont see us as bad as some on here.

as I understand it Detroit's weakness is their defense against the pass so losing Moss doesnt help. We seem to have a long ball game but we really need to get that short/mid yardage passing game going to keep drives moving. Even with Moss in we seem to have problems with overthrows or just plain, simple drops.

The problem is that when Moss is on the field the defense has to account for him and it allows other players to step up. Can we win without him? Sure... But we are getting into a situation where we almost need to over achieve to do it with the injuries mouting. Jason Campbell really needs to take his game to the next level now and the coaches need to find away to get another level out of him. Not doubting... Just my opinion of what needs to happen for this team to continue winning.

The doubts come from the last game. The doubts come from them not covering Thrash because, well, they don't respect him, so they'll be all over ARE. The doubts come from a defense mechanism meant to defend me from the last 15 years.

I want the doubts to go away.

If this is true......then Thrash will be wide open.

Maybe HE will be the one to step up.

What I am more concerned about is how Moss stated to reporters that he felt "great" running routes today. My concern is that if you say it's up to the player, then the player says he is good to go, why would you then not pay him? It is deflating to a player's morale to hold them out if they feel they are ready. You can't say it's up to you then back off. Based on Santana's past comments, if he were still hurt he would say so. Plus, Bubba is quick to do an interview. This makes me very nervous. Have to see how this plays out later.

Skins won the Miami game without Moss so I'm not worried. I AM worried about the fact that Moss isn't in there, thus making Randel El the number 1 WR to shut down.

Moss is great b/c it forces defenses to double up on him at times. But without him, they'll do this to Randel El now. Who's left after that? Oh that's right, Brandon "I couldn't catch std's from a ho" Lloyd.

But all negativity aside... it will be interesting to see how the offense is designed without Moss in the game.

Archived