Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Defense: Fails to answer the call....

NoCalMike

First off, I am not here to say our defense sucks, and/or who needs to be cut/replaced however I am here to say that as good as they look stopping the opposing team on 1st and 2nd down, it was rendered useless when they can't stop 3rd and longs.

While the Giants were inching back in the game, the defense had ample oppurtunities to answer the call and break up these passing plays.

Joe Jacoby made a good point in saying that is what is seperating our defense from being a GREAT defense.

Three turnovers?

When you're on the field for two-thirds of the game, you will give up a big play or two.

Our offense was effing embarrassing. Our special teams kick coverage was terrible.

Our defense = A-.

The rest of the team was D+

Agree 100%, our D just got worn down, cant blame them for that.

WTF have you been smoking the defense forced 3 turnovers and held the Gmen to only 3 points the whole first half.The offense and there play calling is the real reason we lost.Think of it like this if you're playin defense and you are on the feild for more than half the time what will be your natural physical reaction?you'd be tired right?thats what happened to our D they were winded from being on the feild for so long,after our offense could'nt produce,3 turnovers a few sacks and holding a team to 3 pts at at half(even going into the half with a 2 touchdown lead)should in most cases lead to a win,but not with our Washington Redskins.

Three turnovers?

When you're on the field for two-thirds of the game, you will give up a big play or two.

Our offense was effing embarrassing. Our special teams kick coverage was terrible.

Our defense = A-.

The rest of the team was D+

offence was a C if you combine first and second half... first half B+ second half D/F.

special teams not only kept us alive but almost got us into overtime. B+

defense A-, i agree. the second half they were tired. they gave up some big plays but we KNEW the giants offense was potent coming into this game..

Our defense was great in the first half.....I am not disputing that, but the entire time the Giants were inching back into the game, our Defense had chance after chance after chance to stop the Giants on 3rd and long, and every time they either mis-tackled or were found out of place and gave up a big passing play......

A tired defense doesn't stop a team cold on 1st and 2nd down to setup a 3rd and long....I mean what are you saying, that they would just get tired on 3rd downs?

First off, I am not here to say our defense sucks, and/or who needs to be cut/replaced however I am here to say that as good as they look stopping the opposing team on 1st and 2nd down, it was rendered useless when they can't stop 3rd and longs.

While the Giants were inching back in the game, the defense had ample oppurtunities to answer the call and break up these passing plays.

Joe Jacoby made a good point in saying that is what is seperating our defense from being a GREAT defense.

The defense was not the problem. I have no idea what game you were watching, but it certainly wasn't the Redskins game. Room temperature iq over there?

Just so you know, the defense was best in the league in 3rd down stops before the start of the game.

Another reason a defense is on the field for a long time is because they are not stopping the offense.

The Giants made some adjustments at halftime and we could not get their offense off the field in the 2nd half. We kept getting slowly picked apart.

The players played their hearts out, but we never seemed to be able to put the clamps on in the 2nd half when we needed to.

First of all i want to say i was heart broken by the loss today it shouldnt have been this close.

2nd i wanted to point out some changes we need on the defensive side of the ball.

*1 Andre Carter- I know hes our best passrusher, but we gotta get rid of this guy. Having him starting for some pass rush isnt worth his liability on the run stop.

*2 Pass Rusher- We need a stud DE who can cause pressure and stop the run at the same time. Redskins should talk to chicago about acquiring alex brown or maybe packers for KJB.

*3 Carlos Rogers- Make him workout with the WR's to upgrade his hands. If he doesnt improve let him walk or trade him next year.

*4 Tight ends- When facing elite TE's match them up against our safetys not mcintosh. Its just a mismatch and he will get beaten everytime.

Thoughts?

*1 Andre Carter- I know hes our best passrusher, but we gotta get rid of this guy. Having him starting for some pass rush isnt worth his liability on the run stop.

Better idea: how about, instead of getting rid of him entirely, we find a way use him appropriately instead? He looked good today, IMO. Our secondary was worthless though, which surprises me.

*4 Tight ends- When facing elite TE's match them up against our safetys not mcintosh. Its just a mismatch and he will get beaten everytime.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Rocky is the man, but that's not a matchup he should be forced to be in.

Archived