Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romo has faced only one top ten defense in his thirteen starts...

tr1

Here's another fun fact. In his 12 starts he has faced only three teams with a winning record. He is 1-2 in those games with a win against Indy and losses to Philly and New Orleans. Here are his stats in those games:

85 att, 49 comp, 617 yds, 2 Tds, 5 Ints, 63.7 QB rating :excited:

A passer rating of 63.7? If I'm not mistaken, that's just about what Campbell's passer rating for this season is so far. So maybe you're right, maybe those are the numbers of a garbage quarterback. But even including those poor games, Romo sits to pee has a career passer rating of 98.4. Which means that he was more than pretty good in the other 9 of his 12 starts. And in one of the few poor starts you have taken out of context, he beat the best team in the NFL last year. Not only is Romo sits to pee a franchise qb, he is clearly, obviously, the best qb in the division right now. That's why the Cowboys can count on him to lead the team to victory, rather than count on the running came and defense to carry the qb position. Which is why I certainly understand your envy.

A passer rating of 63.7? If I'm not mistaken, that's just about what Campbell's passer rating for this season is so far. So maybe you're right, maybe those are the numbers of a garbage quarterback. But even including those poor games, Romo sits to pee has a career passer rating of 98.4. Which means that he was more than pretty good in the other 9 of his 12 starts. And in one of the few poor starts you have taken out of context, he beat the best team in the NFL last year. Not only is Romo sits to pee a franchise qb, he is clearly, obviously, the best qb in the division right now. That's why the Cowboys can count on him to lead the team to victory, rather than count on the running came and defense to carry the qb position. Which is why I certainly understand your envy.

Taken to the bank and deposited Mr. DCDave. Please, have patience. We are only two games into the season. It takes time for Romo sits to pee to demonstrate just how great you claim he is. He gets to play some better teams and better defenses and prove that he should have gotten that big payday the pukes gave him in the off-season because they knew how great he was.

So what is the story going to be ....

If he falters against Chicago, it's all "He sucks against good defenses." yadda yadda yadda.

If he succeeds we hear the same bologna we heard all this week and that we heard the week before. "Play a good defense. [Miami, Chicago]"

he looked very average against Miami. so, yes. he doesnt look good against good defenses.

:rotflmao:

and you know what's scary for Poke fans, is Romo sits to pee has no real upside, he is not likely going to get better in fact, he is already about 10% lower on his completion percentage from last season already,

and was less than 50% last week for under two hundred yards and only 6.4 YPA attempt? and would have been much worse if not for a late 4th quarter TD to TO when the Phin's were dead on their feet, basically running up the score... not to mention three passes he made that were horrible decisions, that by all rights should have been interceptions

against Chicago, they will be

Here's another fun fact. In his 12 starts he has faced only three teams with a winning record. He is 1-2 in those games with a win against Indy and losses to Philly and New Orleans. Here are his stats in those games:

i love reading stats that make Romo sits to pee look like ****.

it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside..kind of like watching ST hit TO and making him look like a *****.

Originally Posted by Terence Newman 41

you mean like when he puts up good numbers against really bad defenses

he is the BEST QB in the NFC?

or when he fumbles the game winning kick, it was.....

the Hawks who slipped in a slippery ball on him :rolleyes:

or when the Pokes choke down the stretch, and he has bad games, it was the defenses fault?

or when he throws for less than 50% against the dolphins, you only mention his two game average total, since he had a huge game against the worst pass defense in the NFL this season in the first game?

:rotflmao:

and you know what's scary for Poke fans, is Romo sits to pee has no real upside, he is not likely going to get better in fact, he is already about 10% lower on his completion percentage from last season already,

And you know what is (or at least should be) scary for 'skins fans? The fact that we don't NEED Romo sits to pee to get better. After finishing in the top 5 in the NFL last year in passer rating, he is now second only to Tom Brady with a passer rating of 119.4. Unlike you guys, we're not praying for our quarterback to have some epiphany. We just need our guy to keep playing how he's playing.

Meanwhile, we'll leave you 'skins fans to keep up your Little Orphan Annie impersonation, and continue singing about how the sun will come out tomorrow for Campbell.

and was less than 50% last week for under two hundred yards and only 6.4 YPA attempt? and would have been much worse if not for a late 4th quarter TD to TO when the Phin's were dead on their feet, basically running up the score... not to mention three passes he made that were horrible decisions, that by all rights should have been interceptions

against Chicago, they will be

Yes, Romo sits to pee is not perfect. He makes mistakes some times. His receivers occasionally make big plays. He occasionally benefits from turnovers. Just like every other qb in the league. And when you add it all up, Romo sits to pee's numbers consistently put him at the top of the class. And your qb's numbers consistently put him in remedial reading.

But hey, tomorrow, tomorrow, there'll be sun. At least you hope so.

That's why the Cowboys can count on him to lead the team to victory, rather than count on the running came and defense to carry the qb position. Which is why I certainly understand your envy.

Envy?...HELL, no...

A team that can rely on both its defense and its running game in addition to having a QB who can make enough plays to put points on the board is what we call a "well-rounded team", and can better withstand those times when one aspect of their total game is not working. If Romo sits to pee, for whatever reason, ends up missing several games you guys are screwed...cuz it sure as hell ain't gonna be your defense that wins you any games lol :laugh:...and I'm not sure there have been any games where your rushing attack won you the game when your passing attack was non-existent. We know what it's like to have Clinton Portis put the team on his back and win game after game even though the QB is injured and weak-armed.

Envy? You gotta be kidding me.

And you know what is (or at least should be) scary for 'skins fans? The fact that we don't NEED Romo sits to pee to get better. After finishing in the top 5 in the NFL last year in passer rating, he is now second only to Tom Brady with a passer rating of 119.4. Unlike you guys, we're not praying for our quarterback to have some epiphany. We just need our guy to keep playing how he's playing.

you don't pay attention do you

he put up good numbers against horrible defenses

go back and look at his numbers in December against descent pass defenses.... you know the ones UNDER 60 QBR, or Last week against the Phins completeing less than 50% of his passes :thumbsup:

Guess what he plays more good defenses this season... enjoy those below avg. games

Meanwhile, we'll leave you 'skins fans to keep up your Little Orphan Annie impersonation, and continue singing about how the sun will come out tomorrow for Campbell.

you DO realize that against the same teams Romos' numbers are similar to JC's??? in some areas JC has been better... and here's the neat part... Campbell is getting better every game, and doesn't need to hope his WR are Wide open to complete a pass longer than 15 yards...... oh and don't keep hoping that Cooley or Moss drop those big gainers ... that they did the first two games, or Campbell missing a open deep receiver too often

Yes, Romo sits to pee is not perfect. He makes mistakes some times. His receivers occasionally make big plays. He occasionally benefits from turnovers. Just like every other qb in the league. And when you add it all up, Romo sits to pee's numbers consistently put him at the top of the class. And your qb's numbers consistently put him in remedial reading.

occasionally :laugh: he has only started 12 games, and that has been the NORM in more than half... see in the NFL everything balances out in the end... and he is in for alot of balls bouncing the other way... and Pokes fans as usual will be whining how it was somebody else fault

see it has not ALL been added up, in fact he hasn't had a full season as yet.... and comparing his numbers with Manning and Brady... who have done it for several seasons, is pathetic... but par for course for poke homers :laugh:

:secret: Brady and Manning haven't had a fourth of the starts with QB ratings under 60%

But hey, tomorrow, tomorrow, there'll be sun. At least you hope so.

:rolleyes: geez at least try to be funny or interesting when trying to insult, this is just lame

now you want to talk, OL, Running game, defenses???? :laugh:

If he falters against Chicago, it's all "He sucks against good defenses." yadda yadda yadda.

If he succeeds we hear the same bologna we heard all this week and that we heard the week before. "Play a good defense. [Miami, Chicago]"

The only problem I have with the Miami game was that Trent Green basically gave that game away on purpose. The only interception that was a good play was the Anthony Henry pick when he jumped the Chambers out route. The other interceptions Green threw were so unbelievably terrible that it wasn't even fair. One pass he threw 15 yards over the head of an open receiver into the hands of a Dallas defender who happened to be there. One pick he threw directly to a Cowboys defender, it looked like he said your open i'll throw to you even though you aren't on my team. You also have to take into account the fumbled snaps and the absolutley stupid penalties, one which resulted in a 60 something swing in field position on a punt. Dallas started drives inside the Miami 30 three times and they started in Miami territory 6 times which is absurd. Also with Trent Green playing the way he was Miami's defense was on the field for a rediculous amount of time and with the offense putting them in such terrible positions they couldn't be themselves. Now Dallas wasn't ever going to lose this game, I just think it would have been a helluva lot closer had Trent Green even played competently. I mean be honest Dallas scored 2 touchdowns in the last 4 minutes on 2 plays over 34 yards. I honestly think that the defense quit on the offense. It was rediculous to expect the defense to play the full 4 quarters after being hung out to dry repeatedly by their "teammates."

Congrats to Dallas though they successfully wore that defense down, but to say that Romo sits to pee played great or even good is dumb. He completed less than 50 percent of his passes for less than 200 yards hardly impressive.

And if I were Dallas fans I would be less concerned about Romo sits to pee's average play against a crippled defense and more concerned about their horrid defense which gave up over 330 total yards to an absolutley terrible offense that turned the football over 5 times in a game that was not a blowout until the last 3 minutes of the game. There wasn't any garbage time for Miami in this game. But don't worry I'm sure the Cowboys can outscore everybody, just ask the '02, '03, '04, '05 Colts, it wasn't until last season where they had the best defense in the playoffs that they were able to get the job done.

Keep putting up 40 a game and have fun while it lasts because all it will lead to is the resigning of an average QB that can't beat good teams.

see in the NFL everything balances out in the end... and he is in for alot of balls bouncing the other way... and Pokes fans as usual will be whining how it was somebody else fault

I see. Your argument in the end boils down to wishful thinking. That Romo sits to pee will somehow fall off a cliff. That his performance up to this point has been some form of luck, and that luck will run out.

Nothing wrong with that. You are, after all, a Redskin fan. Acknowledging the reality of the situation won't be particularly pleasant for you, so please continue to pretend that it doesn't exist. Keep hope alive!

I see. Your argument in the end boils down to wishful thinking. That Romo sits to pee will somehow fall off a cliff. That his performance up to this point has been some form of luck, and that luck will run out.

Nothing wrong with that. You are, after all, a Redskin fan. Acknowledging the reality of the situation won't be particularly pleasant for you, so please continue to pretend that it doesn't exist. Keep hope alive!

a cowgirl fan talking about pretending and not facing the truth?

PLEASE!!!

this site is full of you jackholes talking about how great your D is and how bad of a coach Parcells was. dont speak about delusional when it is obvious you have been drinking from the same drugged out kool-aid.

heres a little taste of proof

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4190376&postcount=41

Archived