Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romo has faced only one top ten defense in his thirteen starts...

tr1

I don't normally post much on here as a Cowboys fan. I usually just look at the threads to get the gist of what's going on with a division rival.

That being said, the Redskins and the Cowboys have been fairly similar teams over the past several years. The big difference this year is that we now have a coach and coordinators that play to win instead of trying not to lose the game. From what I've seen of Campbell, I think he could be a very good quarterback if put in the right situations that play to his strengths like Romo sits to pee has been. I think the older coaches such as Gibbs and Parcells like to keep everything too close over the course of a game being afraid to make a mistake which gives the opponent the opportunity to make adjustments and win in the end. Sure, some game might be lost due to mistakes but I think the players appreciate the trust and enjoy playing the game more that way.

I think Dallas has the edge right now due to the coach's approach but again, that could just be the cowboys colored glasses :D

Down through the years, I've seen many schemes and many new coaches implement new schemes, which in reality, are only old schemes that have been re-introduced. To me, football is about a few simple things. The Skins are at a disadvantage (assuming they are at a disadvantage) because of there OL play. The Cowboys have a good young QB and he is more experienced, I think that's true. However, the Cowboys are enjoying the fact that the OL is playing very well together. To me, that's the difference in these two teams right now. The Skins OL talent is not as good right now IMO. To me, that's the biggest difference in the make up of each team. JMO

The Bears are a farce. I don't think that D can cover for that O the whole year.

I kinda expected to see many Skins fan use that as an excuse. But the thing is, is that the D carried the Bears to the SB last year. So in other words, the Bears aren't a farce. Everyone knew that the Bears offense sucked before going into this game. But ya'll still had hope that Grossman would turn in around this game....but he didn't(maybe if they weren't playing the Boys he could have ;) ).

I kinda expected to see many Skins fan use that as an excuse. But the thing is, is that the D carried the Bears to the SB last year. So in other words, the Bears aren't a farce. Everyone knew that the Bears offense sucked before going into this game. But ya'll still had hope that Grossman would turn in around this game....but he didn't(maybe if they weren't playing the Boys he could have ;) ).

They are a farce. Their D and special teams carried them into the playoffs after Grossman's performance started to get bad down the stretch last year. This year, Grossman isn't starting out hot right out of the gate like last year, so they'd have to rely on their D and ST to carry them the whole year, not just in the later part of the season. They aren't the team people have been hyping them up to be.

Grossman could very well have turned it around considering how well he played during certain games last year.

They are a farce. Their D and special teams carried them into the playoffs after Grossman's performance started to get bad down the stretch last year. This year, Grossman isn't starting out hot right out of the gate like last year, so they'd have to rely on their D and ST to carry them the whole year, not just in the later part of the season. They aren't the team people have been hyping them up to be.

Grossman could very well have turned it around considering how well he played during certain games last year.

The same team who had Grossman, who's "performance started to get bad down the stretch last year," at the helm made it through the POs to the SB. It wasn't luck, that defense/ST is just that good! So, again they're not a farce!

The same team who had Grossman, who's "performance started to get bad down the stretch last year," at the helm made it through the POs to the SB. It wasn't luck, that defense/ST is just that good! So, again they're not a farce!

Everybody said that the Bears were the best team in the NFC based on what they did last year, even with Grossman faltering and them going despite him. However, Grossman did well enough early on last year that the TEAM was able to get into the playoffs DESPITE his play.

This year he has not been doing well. So even though their defense and ST's might still be good, there is no way they can hold up enough games to make a playoff run the way Grossman is playing right now. Therefore, the fact that they were pegged as the top NFC team is a farce. Three games of semi atrocious play by Grossman solidifies that.

You go on ahead and keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Not sure why you're even arguing it.

The NFC don't have great teams they have great players. It is so hard to predict the NFC no one really stands out. But Romo sits to pee played a really good game, the most impressive thing about him is his elusiveness... and the WR. Great corp of recieving threats you guys have there.

Archived