Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What MLB team would sign Bonds?

DWinzit

The Orioles, they seem to sign the wrong players.

If he goes to the AL he will most likely play in the DH role. Yankees could get him, but what would they do with Giambi. Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard that Giambi is not a very good first baseman. I think he is going to go to the Angles.

:applause: I love and agree with your assessment of many of the fans.

However, I don't see even George paying for Bonds services.

Really? What wouldn't Georgina pay for?

Bonds is still having an amazing season, even at his advanced age. Put him in a lineup full of protection like the Yankees have? With the people that can get on base in front of him?

Add to the fact that he won't have to play the field so his knees won't take as much of a pounding and the unlimited Yankees budget and I think Bonds becomes incredibly attractive to the Yankees.

The Yankees aren't getting any younger, either, you know? I'm willing to bet that the guys in that clubbhouse are drooling at another WS...Mussina hasn't had one since he's been there (a small blessing from the baseball Gods) and neither has A-Rod. Jeter's hitting his mid 30's or so, too.

While Bonds doesn't help with a youth movement that'll be invariably needed in NYC, he provides an incredible offensive weapon for a season, maybe two.

If they add him and make a smart baseball moves in the offseason, they could be as dangerous as ever.

Sorry Spaceman, you lost me here!:laugh:

That hasn't been their MO.

Yeah, I know.

Well, they got Hughes and Chamberlain. I think they have some other minor leaguers that could make contributions next year.

That's the thing, they keep throwing money at problems...fortunately for them, they have enough money to mask them.

Yeah, I know.

Well, they got Hughes and Chamberlain. I think they have some other minor leaguers that could make contributions next year.

That's the thing, they keep throwing money at problems...fortunately for them, they have enough money to mask them.

I agree, but if any team went after Bonds, I guess I could see the Orioles like Maxito suggested. They always make stupid personnel choices on old, used up, expensive players!

I must admit I'd love to see the Yankees make another dumb mistake and take Bonds! :)

I agree, but if any team went after Bonds, I guess I could see the Orioles like Maxito suggested. They always make stupid personnel choices on old, used up, expensive players!

I must admit I'd love to see the Yankees make another dumb mistake and take Bonds! :)

Bonds wants to play for a WS contender....automatically taking Baltimore out of the picture.

Goddamn Orioles, I dunno why I still care.

Yanks and Sox can't use him, as they both have DH guys that aren't going anywhere, for different reasons. (Papi is too good, Giambi gets paid too much.)

Angels and A's make sense, keeping him in the same area w/ fawning fans, and both teams could use his pop. And after reading Moneyball a few years back, it would seem like a guy that still produces walks and on base percentage at phenominal rates despite lack of speed would be the perfect guy for BillyBall.

Angelos is too stupid to fix the O's....

Boy he sure made a mess of a once proud franchise.

I pretty much wrote off the O's when he fired Davey Johnson. It looks like that was the right decision.

BTW, I heard that Bonds doesn't want to leave the west coast, which eliminates a lot of teams in this thread. The guy I was listening to didn't think there was an obvious place for him to go.

Jason

Archived