Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does this make me a homer?

robotfire

I believe our defense will be top 3.

I believe Clinton Portis will be the league MVP.

I believe Jason Campbell will be a pro bowler this year.

Gregg Williams said that this defense reminds him of his defense from Tennessee. He compared them to THAT defense, instead of his 04 defense (famous for being a top 3 defense). They're keeping opposing offenses off the field, and they're swarming better than I've ever seen.

Over recent years, Kansas City has produced great numbers using Al Saunders' system (yes, they kept Saunders' system in 06). Portis is young, and he has put up good numbers for us in the past without having a fantastic passing game. Just think what he can do with a quarterback who throws the long ball and stretches the field.

Jason Campbell is doing all the right things. He didn't throw an interception, converted third downs consistently, and has spread the ball around to different players down the field. Moss didn't play much this preseason, and Campbell still played well. With the work he put in and the re-emergence of Clinton Portis, Jason Campbell will be elite. Against Pittsburgh, he was 6 for 8 (75 yards). He was on his way to a touchdown drive when he got injured. Against Jacksonville, he was 5 for 5 (54 yards) and a touchdown. Preseason isn't a tell-all, but it does give us a hint of things to come. He did this with virtually no running game.

I honestly believe this will be a year to remember. Am I a homer, or am I right? Maybe a little of both, I guess...

Of the three predictions, I think top 3 defense might be the biggest "homer-esque" statement...that would be quite a turnaround...

I actually have a feeling that CP could be in for an MVP-type season. And I too think JC has a shot at a pro bowl...

But, I'm probably a homer too...I just hope we come out sharp against Miami, on both sides of the ball.

Hey I love that you're a homer, and if everything goes right for us, we have the talent to do some special things. I'm not so sure about a top 3 defense, but definitely around top 7 or 8. Clinton Portis will have to have an amazing year to be the league MVP, but I think he could finish in the top 10 in voting if he gets the touches. Jason Campbell will definitely be a Pro Bowler, I am 100% with you on that!

I believe our defense will be top 3.

I believe Clinton Portis will be the league MVP.

I believe Jason Campbell will be a pro bowler this year.

Of these, the only one that makes you a Homer is number 2, but not by much. McCallister and Bush are the first that come to mind who could be better off than the Skins RB situation.

The others are very realistic.

I love preseason. You can really tell a lot about people in preseason.

Preseason is just preseason.... unless a player or unit does something good. Then it's foreshadowing of the regular season. If someone or a unit under performs... then it's only preseason.

Preseason means absolutely nothing.

I love preseason. You can really tell a lot about people in preseason.

Preseason is just preseason.... unless a player or unit does something good. Then it's foreshadowing of the regular season. If someone or a unit under performs... then it's only preseason.

Preseason means absolutely nothing.

You know, I understand it's sort of meaningless. But the thing is, we stunk in preseason last year and I believed it didn't mean anything. I was wrong.

You know, I understand it's sort of meaningless. But the thing is, we stunk in preseason last year and I believed it didn't mean anything. I was wrong.

And the Raiders went 4-0 in the preseason. And finished 2-14 in the regular season. So what?

How can anyone possibly garner anything from starters playing 1/4 or 1/2 of football. Football games are 4 quarters.... all it takes is a turnover here or there... on any drive to completely change the complexion of a football game. You can have an excellent first half and then completely blow it in the second half. Football is such a momentum game.... and it can turn at any moment.

So to gain anything from a few series of football is ridiculous. Some teams aren't game planning... many players are nicked and skipping games to protect against injuries.... some teams are going into games with different philosophies and objectives (establishing the run, picking up blitzes, short pass patterns, etc) than simply outscoring your opponent.

And the Raiders went 4-0 in the preseason. And finished 2-14 in the regular season. So what?

How can anyone possibly garner anything from starters playing 1/4 or 1/2 of football. Football games are 4 quarters.... all it takes is a turnover here or there... on any drive to completely change the complexion of a football game. You can have an excellent first half and then completely blow it in the second half. Football is such a momentum game.... and it can turn at any moment.

So to gain anything from a few series of football is ridiculous. Some teams aren't game planning... many players are nicked and skipping games to protect against injuries.... some teams are going into games with different philosophies and objectives (establishing the run, picking up blitzes, short pass patterns, etc) than simply outscoring your opponent.

This is all very true, but there are things that can be gleaned from the preseason, otherwise the coaching staff would not have picked up Pete Kendall. Obviously preseason is meaningless, but it doesn't help to play well at every chance you get. This is especially true for young guys like Jason Campbell or Laron Landry.

I don't know about Portis being the MVP this year, but anything is possible. I would love to see Jason Campbell make the Pro Bowl. Even though a lot of people don't like Brunell, I would say that he deserved it a couple of years ago and got shafted in favor of Vick, so if Campbell were to make it, it would be just deserts for #8 being screwed the last time. Overall, I would say that I am not so sure about Portis being MVP, but I think he could be considered in the running and Campbell making the Pro Bowl over the overrated Romo sits to pee would be awesome.

Archived