Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Brunell TO SEAHAWKS!!!!! (merged)

Dan T.

If you're letting the guy you know can 'manage' the offense go, I almost think this HAS to be the plan. Palmer appears to have no real usefulness for us this season - we'd be no worse off with some emergency vet off the waiver wire if it came down to needing a 3rd QB than we would with Palmer (a rook who is beyond raw even for a rookie).

I'm not saying it has never happened, but I am unaware of a #3 ever doing anything for a postseason team. I'm not so worried about Palmer, because I don't think we'll ever see him.

And this is proof that you can never please everybody (or at least this board) all the time. Most on here have been begging to cut MB for two years, or trade him for a bologne sandwich. Now it looks like we might get a pick in return for him, and people are upset over that.:laugh:

I think there'll be a lot more guys on this board who aren't so sure this trade (if it happens) is a 'gimme' positive. Like I said, we lose Campbell and Collins at any point this season, our season will effectively be over. Would it be if we had Brunell at #3?

I don't think so.

That makes this a risky move if true. Not necessarily the wrong decision. But its risky.

I think there'll be a lot more guys on this board who aren't so sure this trade (if it happens) is a 'gimme' positive. Like I said, we lose Campbell and Collins at any point this season, our season will effectively be over. Would it be if we had Brunell at #3?

I don't think so.

That makes this a risky move if true. Not necessarily the wrong decision. But its risky.

we could always use ARE lol

I don't think so.

Problem is, Brunell only has about a game and a half inside his arm at this point. After that, his play drops off considerably. If we can get value for him, we definitely should, even though the risk is we only then have 1 real backup. This is hardly unusual though - most teams down to their 3rd QB are in horrid straights.

I don't think so.

To be honest, if you lose two QBs in a season, it probably will be over for you.

Typically, the guy at #3 is going to be a developmental guy, not an old vet earning a couple mil. You can't afford that on your roster.

BTW, I've been calling this all offseason. I knew that the Skins weren't going to keep both guys, and it looked likely that Brunell was going to be gone.

Jason

Archived