Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think it is time to start panicking, here's why...(merged)

nneece

Ok, so I don't want to be a "the sky is falling" chicken little type after 1 preseason game. But quite frankly, the offense looks as inept as it has always looked since Gibbs returned. Every season and preseason we look for signs of improvement in the offense, but none seems to be forthcoming.

Worse, Gibbs has been quoted as saying that how they perform in the preseason is important this year, and one of the reasons the Skins did poorly last year at the beginning of the season was the pitiful preseason. Gibbs wants to see us win games and do well in the preseason (we did not win this game by the way, just because we scored a couple of fluke TD's at the very end). Here we go again, apparently.

What was up with the offensive line giving up 4 sacks? I keep hearing the following excuses from fans, "we are just running a vanilla offense and don't want to give anything away, the Titan's defense was playing like it was regular season". Well guess what, we better start playing like it is regular season and it matters. With Saunder's offense I would expect to see us running up the score trying different plays and scenarios, instead we get the exact opposite. I'll go on record right now, until our offense starts to produce some yards and TD's, whether it be in preseason or regular season, then we stink on ice. The Skins need to put their money where their mouth is and start producing a productive offense.

Look at other teams playing preseason, like the Giants. I don't think most people consider the Giant's O to be good, but they did manage to put up 21 points. Laugh all you want, but we could be heading for another 5 to 7 win season again.

Relax who knows they havent played at that speed since Feb..be realistic maybe it was jitters and get acclimated back to football. Plus they were trying out different schemes not really regular season game planning. (BTW Frost' tackle did rock socks..he forced a fumble..to bad hes our only punter)

This just in the OL play was horrible. This ****** up everthing else they were trying to offensively. Samuels will hopefully be back prior to the start of the season and hopefully Wade learns how to play LG or is replaced with someone who does. I have no clue why Jansen played so poorly but since the OL was a strenght at the end of last year I am not panicking Buges will get things straigtened out soon, hopefully.....

our offense sputtered because our left tackle is a guy that will never start for us and forced us to keep cooley in and block essentially hampering gibbs' strategy to come out strong because he would rather have campbell alive than put up huge numbers in the preseason.

I wasn't happy with the Offence or the O-line, I was just setting there thinking here we go again. I have watched a few preseason game and i have seen rookies and 3rd strings come in and move the ball down the field better then our starters did. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. On the brite side our D look good.

I wasn't happy with the Offence or the O-line, I was just setting there thinking here we go again. I have watched a few preseason game and i have seen rookies and 3rd strings come in and move the ball down the field better then our starters did. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. On the brite side our D look good.

That's because those 3rd stringers are going against other 3rd stringers...

Keep the faith neece...

Considering we had an undrafted rookie playing LT along with Wade on the left side, I don't think the protection was as bad as some feel it was. They did not pick up the blitz on a few occassions, but that might not have been the line's fault. A remember a couple of times when Jason had enough time to eat a sandwich back there too.

The defense looked better overall. Fletch particularly looked good.

I'm concerned about our WR's on offense more than anything else. ARE still has done little to convince me he's a legit #2. Lloyd has plenty of question marks also.

I'm not panicking yet:2cents:

Ok, so I don't want to be a "the sky is falling" chicken little type after 1 preseason game.

Then don't...

But quite frankly, the offense looks as inept as it has always looked since Gibbs returned. Every season and preseason we look for signs of improvement in the offense, but none seems to be forthcoming.

Wrong. we saw definite improvement in the 2005 preseason games, and it translated over to the regular season. As well as, last preseason we looked as bad (of not worse) on offense than we did in yesterday's game...yet we ended up with the 13th ranked offense and scored an average of 20.2 ypg over the last seven games in which Campbell started...and our rushing attack was outstanding during that stretch as well. It was the defense that cost us games far more than the offense, yet the offense was horrible in the preseason last year.

Worse, Gibbs has been quoted as saying that how they perform in the preseason is important this year, and one of the reasons the Skins did poorly last year at the beginning of the season was the pitiful preseason.

The reason we were pitiful at the beginning of last year was because Brunell was starting, Portis was playing injured and Sean Springs and Pierson Priloeau were nowhere on the field. None of those three things will be occurring at the beginning of this preseason.

Gibbs wants to see us win games and do well in the preseason (we did not win this game by the way, just because we scored a couple of fluke TD's at the very end). Here we go again, apparently.

Would you please explain what was so "flukey" about the first TD? For that matter, could you explain how the 2nd TD was a "fluke" as well...or do you consider heads-up play, alertness and hustle merely the result of "luck"?

i still think its too early to worry. it was one preseason game and the offense didnt look spectacular but jc did make some good plays here and there. if this was the 4th preseason game i would be worried, but after just one game i can't make too many judgements.

Archived