Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think it is time to start panicking, here's why...(merged)

nneece

You are only continuing to prove how much of the game you either did not see or just don't understand.

So, by all means, continue.

Here you go, genius:

Washington, a team that went winless last preseason and stumbled to a 5-11 season, left happy about finding a way to win despite giving up five sacks to the Titans.

Ah, but you forget one thing. We won.

But what's the use, a win isn't good enough for people like you.

We scored with a 1:14 remaining. Third and 4th string players on the field. Otherwise we did not threaten the red zone. The last score was a fluke.

Here you go, genius:

Washington, a team that went winless last preseason and stumbled to a 5-11 season, left happy about finding a way to win despite giving up five sacks to the Titans.

We aren't winless this preseason......let's say we win all of our preseason games. Then what?

if you watched any of the games in week 1, many offenses appeared behind the defenses...happens every season...Pats, Colts, etc... If by week 3 (pre) we haven't sustained drives, etc...than I'll worry.

Reality on last night, is that we had a good drive going with the first stringers, JC or whomever is calling the blocking assignments can't miss the creeping corner (with no coverage responsibilities).

No CP, our #2 RB played for 2 series, shouldn't start being Debbie Downer yet....

I agree with some of the points nneese made in his original post. I too was not impressed whatsoever by the offense and if I was to compare it to let's say the Cowboys starters in their first preseason game. I did not see a team that had much chemistry yet. That is not to say it won't come, but I saw little to impress me out of the offensive "system" last night. Yeah, yeah, there were a few good plays, but as a whole I did not see the offensive display that I was hoping to see.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. What matters is our offense showing they have some kahunas.

It obviously does matter, since you brought up the stat about them going winless last preseason. The point is, the preseason is meant to ease teams back into the swing of things. By week 1 of the regular season, we will be ready. Place a bet?

It's not time to panic, it's time to be real with ourselves. This is not a good team. As great as Gibbs 1 was, Gibbs 2 is just as bad. Gone is the fire and the guru he once was. In is the indecisive coach with no eye for personnel. I'm willing to bet that instead of cutting Brunell, keeping Collins as a 2, and Palmer as our third, he will keep two aging qb's because he has some kind of love affair with Mark. Palmer will go on the practice squad and we will run the risk of loosing a promising young qb.

This team will not be a legit playoff contender until we get a real GM and a new hungry coaching staff. We have some talent, but no depth. Anyone with some football sense can see that. Let's stop pretending that this is a good team, because it is not. Thank god for Madden, because that's the only place my beloved Skins will win the Super Bowl for a long time.

if you watched any of the games in week 1, many offenses appeared behind the defenses...happens every season...Pats, Colts, etc... If by week 3 (pre) we haven't sustained drives, etc...than I'll worry.

Reality on last night, is that we had a good drive going with the first stringers, JC or whomever is calling the blocking assignments can't miss the creeping corner (with no coverage responsibilities).

No CP, our #2 RB played for 2 series, shouldn't start being Debbie Downer yet....

Yeah. By week 3 when we play the Ratbirds. If our starters on offence play as inconsistent and unable to run the ball like last night then Gibbs has a bad problem. I just cant imagine having another start to the season like the last one. God knows I cant.

im not worried at all...

last year we had the #4 rushing attack in the NFL using our back up most the year, so inept is def. not a word to describe last years offense...not to mention Jason Campbell has every tool needed to take advantage of defenses putting an 8th man in the box...

we put up something like 70 points the last 2 games last year, beat the saints and we have the best offensive coordinator in football

with a top ten D we would have been in the playoffs....but no1 predicted 10th to 31st

If you really take a look at the game, with CS at LT we pick up their blitz and continue to drive downfield....The passes JC did throw were for the most part on the money with 2 completions over 20 yards....

not worried at all

Preseason doesn't matter - how your starting unit looks is an entirely different thing. I said the same thing last year, noting the starting defense looked like ****... the homers didn't like that. I'm a realist and I'll enjoy and cheer for my team good or bad but I don't pretend things are different then what they are. The starting OLine looked terrible. Yes TERRIBLE. Not needing improvement or any of that watered down BS.

Defense looked way better then last year.

QB looks like he improved though his release is too slow. His timing with wideouts is better.

Things can change however. If the OL still looks this terrible 3 games from now the early part of the season is going to be rough.

im not worried at all...

last year we had the #4 rushing attack in the NFL using our back up most the year, so inept is def. not a word to describe last years offense...not to mention Jason Campbell has every tool needed to take advantage of defenses putting an 8th man in the box...

We don't have that OL at the moment. Sorry to burst your bubble.

thread starter...your an idiot. we didn' win that game? Actually we did. "Fluke td's" count as a win sorry buddie. Now I wasn't impressed with the offense but I think they showed some good stuff and don't forget that 3 crucial starters weren't in. 2 of them being our best players maybe on the entire team. And you have to look at how well our Defense played, which is probably much more important. And again like you said its only the 1st pre-season game.

There's absolutely no reason to panic yet, just like if we come out and play awesome next week that's no reason to celebrate. The most important thing in preseason is to get through it healthy, and hopefully we won't have any more major injuries. Remember part of what hurt us last year was having so many starters dinged up. My only real concern is Todd Wade and Jansen, if they don't start playing better we could have a real problem. If we start of the regular season 0-2, that's when you start to panic.

Archived