Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Salary cap update

CapitalDefense

Damn these n00bs that don't bother to read the Rules or the READ ME threads from earlier this week pertaining to NNT & when they are told to review these, they don't. And then they proceed to publicly throw a temper tantrum like a child instead of putting on their Big Boy pants & saying, 'Sorry 'bout that. It won't happen again.' Or something along those lines & having their NNT status resolved as simple as that. And this AFTER it's even been explained to them via PM.

is noob supposed to be some sort of insult? seems to me like you have TOO many rules and NO leinancy towards someone who is a "noob" and just wanted to post something he thought was cool.

and it seems to me like you are breaking your own rules with the calling out and name calling yourself. but dont worry, i won't report that.:cheers:

Hmmmm, maybe we should change the name of this thread to "Coach chews out insubordinate rookie"

hold on now, i am not going to get into some "pissing" match with this guy or anyone else. that isnt why i come here. i was just speaking my mind and that is all.

end of story..

is noob supposed to be some sort of insult? seems to me like you have TOO many rules and NO leinancy towards someone who is a "noob" and just wanted to post something he thought was cool.

and it seems to me like you are breaking your own rules with the calling out and name calling yourself. but dont worry, i won't report that.:cheers:

I've been here for 2 years and have only been NNT'd once, and that was for the victory celebration of JimmyJo I think....

It's really not that hard to not get nnt'd

hold on now, i am not going to get into some "pissing" match with this guy or anyone else. that isnt why i come here. i was just speaking my mind and that is all.

end of story..

I think it has more to do with your additude after getting called on it. Saying you "have a life" and making that sound more important than everybody else on here, some 66K people, who also have lives and don't want to read through twenty of the same threads, because you didn't take the time to read yourself.

they labeled me "no new threads"!!! damn these monitors!! mess up ONE time and you get labeled for life!!

Tell me about it. They did the same thing to me, never told me why, and wouldn't respond to me for months. It's not like I start a bunch of threads anyway. My crime was starting a thread about Campbell. There was nothing in the thread titles about Campbell but there was one about quarterbacks. So I guess that was my crime.

I've been a fan since the days of Bobby Mitchell but I rarely come on here anymore because the atmosphere is just too hostile. If you make a comment one of the resident twerps (not talking about the mods just some of the self-important frequent posters) don't like they jump all over you.

Come on. The moderators only do this to make sure you won't do it again. It's been said many times that all you have to do is ask for the privilege back and they'll let you post new threads again.

Come on. The moderators only do this to make sure you won't do it again. It's been said many times that all you have to do is ask for the privilege back and they'll let you post new threads again.

ive said my piece and i have moved on. if you guys want to continue discussing it, i have no problems, but please, so that i don't continue to get wrapped up in this, leave my quotes off of it.

i get that it is a hot topic and some agree and some dont with me. it is all good. i dont want to cause any drama up in here. i come here to give praise and my opinion to the all mighty joe gibbs and the burgundy and gold!!

HTTR!!

• The Washington Times reports Redskins first-round draft pick SS LaRon Landry's five-year, $41.5 million contract means he counts $2.16 million against Washington's 2007 salary cap.

OK, I'm a little cornfused... so if someone can straighten me here... please do. If Landry is getting $18M guaranteed (signing bonus I guess for the 5 years), wouldn't that count for at least $3.6M (plus) against the cap for 2007?

We should extend Cooley now. If JC plays well Cooley will light it up this season. If JC plays bad he will be dumping off to Cooley who will have a good season anyway...

I reckon the best time would be 3 days before the Miami game. Big boost to the team/fans with 2 days to get back in focus.

OK, I'm a little cornfused... so if someone can straighten me here... please do. If Landry is getting $18M guaranteed (signing bonus I guess for the 5 years), wouldn't that count for at least $3.6M (plus) against the cap for 2007?

Not if part of it is roster bonuses, etc. Some of them might be triggered in year 2 or 3....

They usually spread out the bonus money now....There are signing bonuses and roster bonuses...... Just to give an example...... lets say they gave him 5 million when he signed the contract and he will get another 5 million in March of 2008.....that way his pro-rated signing bonus for this year would be 1 million plus his base salary of 1.16 million.....like I said thats just an example not the real numbers...they can also guarantee base salaries, its a very complex breakdown and we would need to see the exact numbers to know for sure

my guess is that Landry's contract breaks down like so:

$9.4M signing bonus($1.88/yr)

$.285M Base salary 2007

$8M Roster Bonus 2008*(will be guaranteed and subsequently prorated over next 4 yrs)

.$360M Base salary 2008

*he will count $2.16M against the cap in 2007 and $4.24M in 2008

That equals $18M. the remainder of the contract is highly dependent on performance and playing time incentives with a min value of $7M over the last 3 years and a max value of $22M over the last 3 years.

*Please remember all of this is a guesstimation

Archived