Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Salary cap update

CapitalDefense

this is the perfect time to lock up cooley...we can't let him become derrick dockery again

I agree 100% and hopefully the team has changed their attatude where everyone elses' players are better then our own. We may soon see the dawning of a new age.

:point2sky

Not if part of it is roster bonuses, etc. Some of them might be triggered in year 2 or 3....
They usually spread out the bonus money now....There are signing bonuses and roster bonuses...... Just to give an example...... lets say they gave him 5 million when he signed the contract and he will get another 5 million in March of 2008.....that way his pro-rated signing bonus for this year would be 1 million plus his base salary of 1.16 million.....like I said thats just an example not the real numbers...they can also guarantee base salaries, its a very complex breakdown and we would need to see the exact numbers to know for sure

I see... I wasn't sure how the roster bonuses worked and that you could spread them out with the signing bonuses. Even though it's all gaurenteed, I guess it's how it's in the print.

Thanks guys! :cheers:

I'm all for re-signing Cooley and Taylor, so put me on that list. As far as a pass rusher goes, I think it'd be best if we look for that in the draft next year. A youth movement on the o-line wouldn't be a bad idea either if Heyer and some of the others don't pan out.

i get that it is a hot topic and some agree and some dont with me. it is all good. i dont want to cause any drama up in here. i come here to give praise and my opinion to the all mighty joe gibbs and the burgundy and gold!!HTTR!!

If Gibbs is in fact the almighty in your opinion and you want to give praise to him, shouldnt you at least capitalize his name? Heh Heh just messing with you :D

Anyways, We should have resigned Cooley last season. I wonder what they are waiting for. I saw the NFL yearbook on the skins 2006 season today and was reminded of the huge catch ( around 40 to 50 yards) and TD he had against the Panthers. He i just a beast, hardly ever goes down on first contact and always falls forward. We can only hope he doesnt get disrespected like some of our previous home-grown talent and allowed to test the market where we dont match offers he receives. He def deserves to get paid and paid well to stick around here.

HTTR!! And wow our first taste of preseason football is just about here. Please stay healthy fellas.

I agree 100% and hopefully the team has changed their attatude where everyone elses' players are better then our own. We may soon see the dawning of a new age.

I'll give you Pierce, but Smoot left for way to much money, got benched and returned for less. Clarcke is the back up, over paid and might be a FA soon. Dock got way to much money and wasn't that good. Am I missing anybody, because one out of 4 ain't bad. Now look at the players we have resigned who have been here. This "we don't take care of our own" additude stinks.

That's more than I had expected. The Skins have got to have the best cap guy in the business.

Memo to Skins front office - Resign Captain Chaos YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best cap guy in the business? Average overall talent and near the bottom in cap space. Something is wrong there. Who the hell are the skins paying all this money to? When you compare it to some of the best teams in the league who are sitting $10 - $15 million under the cap, I'd have to conclude those teams have better cap guys or are just smarter.

I'll give you Pierce, but Smoot left for way to much money, got benched and returned for less. Clarcke is the back up, over paid and might be a FA soon. Dock got way to much money and wasn't that good. Am I missing anybody, because one out of 4 ain't bad. Now look at the players we have resigned who have been here. This "we don't take care of our own" additude stinks.

They let Clark go for a difference of 1.2 million over two or three years, and the sign Adam Arcaletta (sp?) for goodness only knows how much money, tying up cap space, angering Taylor, and creating an overall downgrade in the secondary.

Dockery should have been resigned prior to hitting the free agent market, as was Betts (good move) because, lets face it, the obviously wasn't anyone behind him. :helmet:

Archived