Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Classic Movies

the burgundy and gold

Preditor had some great Arnoldisms. "If it bleeds, we can kill it" and "I'm here, kill me, do it, do it now".

By the way, as a side note. This would make a great game. Somebody puts up a quote and the next person guesses what movie it's from.

"I turned a corner today"

"What are ya ****in petites?"

"No, I beat the **** outta some kids and I feel great"

Bad Santa

"Jesus christ Kid, are you ****in with me"

No i'm not talking about old classics like old western movies. I'm talking about those movies that everyone should be able to say that they've seen. Those movies where if you say a quote from it everyone knows excactly what you're talking about. For example Dumb and Dumber, possibley the funniest movie i've ever seen. Another classic movie imo is A Christmas Story, absolutely hilarious.

What are some of your favorites?

"You wish to surrender to me? Very well. I accept."

"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy."

"Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"I know I'm gonna use good judgement. I haven't lost my temper in 40 years, but pilgrim you caused a lot of trouble this monring, might have got somebody killed... and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't, I won't. The hell I won't."

To name a few.

I thought this thread was suppost to be about movies with classic one liners, not just great movies. The longest day was one of the greastest movies of all time, but I couldn't quote a single line from it. "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life" or "ain't no man who can eat 50 eggs" are "classic" lines. I thought thats what we we're doing here.

(not that it matters much, I said three of my favorite movies anyway in my first post)

Brazil

Total Recall

The Shawshank Redemption

Flight Of The Pheonix (the original)

Ben-Hur

and I know it's still relatively new, but I'll also put in Shaun Of The Dead. Very clever, great acting, style, camera work, pacing, storyline, and ending.

Bang already mentioned one of my all time favorites, Paths of Glory by Stanley Kubrick (only the best director to ever ply the craft I might add).

Old School Classics

Cool Hand Luke

The Postman Always Rings Twice

Treasure of the Sierra Madre (also already mentioned)

Citizen Kane

Spartacus

All Quiet on the Western Front

Roots

I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

Psycho

Lolita

Barry Lyndon

Taxi Driver

The Grapes of Wrath

New Stuff

American History X

Office Space

Léon (The Professional)

The Sixth Sense

The Color Purple

The Believer

8mm

Glory

I'll throw in a few Samurai flicks that I cannot live without...by the way just about anything with the late great Toshiro Mifune is gold.

Saumirai Trilogy

Yojimbo (Clint Eastwood's A Fistful of Dollars shares a very similar theme)

Sanjuro

Seven Samurai (The Magnificent Seven also shares themes from this)

Throne of Blood (Akira Kurosawa uses elements of Shakespeare's Macbeth but makes it his own)

Ran

Kagemusha

And my favorite The Sword of Doom (if you don't know you better ask somebody)

Also the miniseries Shogun was cool because Mifune played the warlord who would become Shogun Lord Toranaga.

I'll additionally give a nod to the Last Samurai mainly due to Ken Wantanabe's performance.

I thought this thread was suppost to be about movies with classic one liners

correct! but I didnt read the post properly (or anyone else I think).......:doh:

'Princess Bride' is a great movie. I've also watched endless reruns of 'Sponge Bob: The Movie' with my kid too! :laugh:

Archived