Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which System should I buy?

Robbnva

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

OK I already have the Wii but I also want a "Lazy Man's" gaming system also. I am hoping people out there who vote have played both and can give me HONEST NON-BIASED feedback.

I am looking for online play, especially Madden.

Thanks.

Both are very capable systems. Unless you have other criteria than playing Madden online, neither will disappoint.

What system do your friends play?

What other on-line games do you play?

Do you care about Blu-ray?

Well My friends do not really play online. Right now I play madden on my old Xbox but with what ever system I buy I will be trying out all kinds of games online. Don't really care about Blu-Ray

$50 to play online or play for free? Free. 40 man multiplayer (Resistance) or 8 man multiplayer (GoW)? 40. Lair / Heavenly Sword / FFXIII / MGS / KillZone2 / Unchartered or Halo 3 / Too Human / Bioshock? I'll take Lair, etc.....Built in Blu-Ray or faulty addon HDDVD? Blu-Ray. 1% failure rate or 33% failure rate? Easy decision if you ask me. And for the record......I own all 3 systems. But hey......if you or anyone else wants to buy a used 360 with a handful of games........?

Do you play any other kinds of games or Madden only? In general, I would suggest the PS3 but if you only play Madden, the 360 might be a better choice. Just remember that online play costs an extra $50 per year on the Xbox while its free on PS3.

I'd say 360 for now. Only problem with the 360 is the horrible horrible hardware. My launch 360 already died and my second one is already having issues. Other than that the 360 has the most abundant library and IMO the best games out right now. Now in the future that could change but so far i'd say go with 360 unless you want a complete media player that also plays blu ray movies. Which reminds me 300 comes out this tuesday and that'll be my first blu ray purchase.

$50 to play online or play for free? Free. 40 man multiplayer (Resistance) or 8 man multiplayer (GoW)? 40. Lair / Heavenly Sword / FFXIII / MGS / KillZone2 / Unchartered or Halo 3 / Too Human / Bioshock? I'll take Lair, etc.....Built in Blu-Ray or faulty addon HDDVD? Blu-Ray. 1% failure rate or 33% failure rate? Easy decision if you ask me. And for the record......I own all 3 systems. But hey......if you or anyone else wants to buy a used 360 with a handful of games........?

You should PM this one for the real deal.

You should PM this one for the real deal.

:doh:

Or this guy...

So i posted a couple of days ago about how i hate ncaa football for the ps3 and dont buy it well .. i went and traded it in .. for an elite 360 (My roomate has a ps3 so mine was collecting dust anyway) WOW!!!!!!!!!1 First off xbox live should be the standard for how online should be done .OH my god.. I use to dog the xbox 360 but not anymroe my eyes have been opened.. And oh yeah ncaa at 60 fps is money!!!!!!!!1 so smooth and just overall sweet as hell!! i like how when you turn the game on it gives you a espn radio update. I wont dog the ps3 because lair and heavenly sword and metal gear and assains creed ps3 version will kick ***** but wow online games and sports games you can't touch the 360 live is the coolest thing ever! and oh yeah shooters kick but! on it because gears of war( Ive always hated shooters) well just say after playing gears of war I'm addicted to it and went to game stop and put down 20 onhalo 3 wow

My live name is Kill Judges hit me up for a ncaa game some time or madden Peace.

P.s thank you to the people on here who have posted that 360 is better overall right now , You people speak the truth and wow i still cant get over how much better x box360 live is then the ps3 network !

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203532

For online play get a 360 and Nintendo is now just beginning to use the potential of WiiConnect24 as Mario Strikers Charged, Madden 08, NBA Live 08 etc are all having online play. Wii gamers are getting 3 prime games btwn/ now and December (Mario Galaxy, Metrid Prime 3 and SSBB) so keep that in mind when you spend your $$$.

does anyone know if the failure rate on the 360 elite mirrors the previous models? I'm having a hell of a time choosing between xbox and playstation as well. I love halo and madden but I love metal gear and twisted metal too. I like the wireless internet on the ps3 but i have a feeling that xbox online is vastly superior (but it also costs way more money). Why must I choose between two incomplete products?!?!?!? ahh!

I like the wireless internet on the ps3 but i have a feeling that xbox online is vastly superior (but it also costs way more money).

You can pick up an external wireless adaptor if that's what you want for the 360. It doesn't have to be the overpriced Microsoft brand either.

You do have to pay for Live but it is a drop in the ocean compared to your total gaming expense and in my experience the value far exceeds the cost. You can get annual subscriptions for not much on eBay.

Get the 360 but be ready to pray it doesn't crap out on you. Also do you still play your Wii?

For online play get a 360 and Nintendo is now just beginning to use the potential of WiiConnect24 as Mario Strikers Charged, Madden 08, NBA Live 08 etc are all having online play. Wii gamers are getting 3 prime games btwn/ now and December (Mario Galaxy, Metrid Prime 3 and SSBB) so keep that in mind when you spend your $$$.

Don't you have to have a 16 number friend code if you want to play online with friends? Does the number even stay the same for every game? I just can't see the point of only having a Wii. I mean after Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, SSSB, and Mario Kart then what's next for the Wii? 3rd parties actually going to put out some games for it or is Nintendo just going to resurrect another franchise.

Screw all of that! Go on ebay and buy yourself an original NES. Yes, original Nintendo. I just recently bought one and it's badass. Super Mario, RC Pro Am, Legacy of the Wizard, Castlevania, Mario 2 and Mario 3 have all been in constant rotation. LOVE it. Best purchase I've made in a long time.

If I can piggyback on this thread...

Do I need an HD TV to get the full effect of either or both of these systems? I'm seriously considering one or the other myself. But my soon-to-be ex-wife is getting the HD tube. I don't want a system that I can't get the true benefits from.

Archived