Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which System should I buy?

Robbnva

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If I can piggyback on this thread...

Do I need an HD TV to get the full effect of either or both of these systems? I'm seriously considering one or the other myself. But my soon-to-be ex-wife is getting the HD tube. I don't want a system that I can't get the true benefits from.

Both the 360 and PS3 produce HD output. But you can still run on a regular TV, or get an adaptor and use a PC monitor and get the benefits of the higher resolution, albeit on a smaller screen.

Both the 360 and PS3 produce HD output. But you can still run on a regular TV, or get an adaptor and use a PC monitor and get the benefits of the higher resolution, albeit on a smaller screen.

Hmm...Maybe I'll challenge her to an arm-wrestling exhibition; winner gets the HD set. :laugh:

Thanks for the info.

OK I already have the Wii but I also want a "Lazy Man's" gaming system also. I am hoping people out there who vote have played both and can give me HONEST NON-BIASED feedback.

I am looking for online play, especially Madden.

Thanks.

I've played both systems. I own a 360 and my university has a PS3 that can be used in one of the lounges and I like the 360 better. At the moment the 360 has better games and better features. My biggest problem with the PS3 is the controller, I think it is too light. Also, when I played PS3, I noticed a slight delay (only a few milliseconds) between me pushing buttons and the command being executed. I do not have a delay at all with my 360. I like my controller to have some weight to it. Another problem is the motion sensing in the PS3 remote. If you accidentally tilt the controller slightly forward when playing Madden, you will jump offsides. I haven't used PS3's online play but I really like Xbox Live. My only complaint with it is that if you are only a silver member (the free one), all you get from Xbox live is the marketplace and your achievements sent to your gamertag so you can view them at xbox.com, you can't play other people. I would like Xbox to offer basic online gaming for free and if you want to upgrade to the Gold option you would get the ability to use the online chat/webcams, etc.

Like everyone says, the 360 is the system of today while the PS3 is the system of tomorrow. I have no doubt that in a few years, game makers will be able make full use of all of the options within the PS3 and it will be better then the 360. But at the moment, the 360 is the best option for your money.

If you purchase an Xbox 360, make sure you place the unit where it receives a lot of ventilation. A lot of users have this impression that the 360 is simply a gaming unit that you can place anywhere with little regard to cooling. This is an incorrect assumption: the 360 is, in essence, a computer, and like all computers, it requires proper cooling to prevent overheating. Thus, do not place the unit in a tight cabinet, TV stand, etc: Place it, ideally, in a stand-alone position with plenty of air circulation. Also, I probably wouldn't recommend the additional rear fans that you can purchase for the 360; there are known issues with these fans, and they do not necessarily assist with cooling the game unit.

Besides some of the known power issues if the 360, many user problems can be tracked to insufficient cooling.

Just by the fact that my local Gamestop gets about 10 fried 360's a week I would go PS3. I have one and, luckily, have had no problems. Online gaming is free unlike the 360 and I like the controllers better. However, I'm a huge Halo fan and play all the time, so if you like anything other than Madden, you still might want to consider the 360. It's all personal preference.

I have a PS3 and absolutely love it. I am really looking forward to some of the games on this system such as Metal Gear (this looks like the most amazing game ever!), Drake's Fortune, Ratchet and Clank, and Killzone 2. Also, my favorite developer, "Rockstar," just signed on to make an exclusive title for the PS3. They said that they will use every inch of its power.

I love football games also, but I have not played one on the PS3 yet. I played online sometimes when I had the PS2, and it was fine. I did not have problems with the online play, but I had problems with some of the players cheating and etc. I don't think this is Sony's fault though...but what do I know?

I only have three friends that enjoy gaming and they all had the XBox before the next gen systems. They all decided to upgrade to the PS3 and they all love it. Just my two cents!

Archived