Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why I hate the Giants more than the Cowboys

skinsfan4221977

Damn I guess I'm an exception. I hate the Cowboys with a passion, Eagles I dislike too but as far as the Giants, I'm whatever. I dont really hate them. The Giants fans I've met seemed pretty cool. They're not complete retarded idiots who are blinded by the worst case of homerism possible(like Cowboys fans) or a bunch of numbnuts(like Eagles fans).

1. I grew up in the NYC suburbs in Connecticut SURROUNDED by obnoxious Giants fans who never credited the talent of the 1980s Skins.

It's amazing that you even got to see any Redskins games, what with the one game per network rule for New York City and Sunday Ticket was still a decade away.

There was an article back in the 80's about the NYC one game rule, went something like ... "most Sundays, it's the Jets at 1 and the Giants at 4. For variety, the Giants would play at 1 and the Jets at 4."

The networks loosened the restrictions on doubleheader games starting in 1999 which made a difference here as we were constantly getting shut out of the second game despite selling out at home. Whether that helped NYC with their One Game Rule is uncertain ...

cheers

My hatred for the Giants is on par with that of the Eagles.

But my hatred for the cowboys is on a whole other level.

A few years ago, I was dating a foreign girl who didn't care or know anything about football. While shopping at some outlet joint, she bought a sweatshirt with that hideous blue star logo on the front.

One Sunday evening as we're about to go out, she decides to throw on the sweatshirt. That was the first time I saw it.

Since she didn't know anything about the rivalry, I had to explain to her the history and how I felt about that particular organization.

Now if she was a true cowboys fan I could respect that, but she only liked the logo/colors and the name. So after listening to what I had to say, she said that It was not going to be returned and that I should just get over it.

About 2 weeks later, Purple Hearts called asking if we had anything to donate. Somehow her sweatshirt got accidentally mixed up with the rest of the donations...Oops

Two reasons why I hate the cowboys

1. They're the cowboys

2. Refer to No. 1

TOP 10 REASONS WHY I CAN'T STAND THE GIANTS:

1. I grew up in the NYC suburbs in Connecticut SURROUNDED by obnoxious Giants fans who never credited the talent of the 1980s Skins.

2. I have attended three Redskins games at Giants Stadium. It's a toilet.

3. Giants fans who attend games have no diversity. They are nothing but a bunch of drunken overweight white men from upstate New York. Period.

4. These fans put more energy into abusing fans of the opposing team than they do cheering for their own.

5. They were horrible to Saints fans at the Saints "home game" at Giants Stadium following Hurricane Katrina -- "Hope you brought your swimmies!"

6. Lawrence Taylor... nuff said.

7. Big Blue Wrecking Crew... what a dumb name.

8. LaVar Arrington left to play for them.

9. Seeing the Cowboys win over the Skins has almost become routine. Seeing the Giants win... you never get used to it.

10. They play in Jersey.

I've always despised the Cowboys, but it's so cliche, the emotion has somewhat worn off. BUT I PASSIONATELY HATE THE GIANTS!

Will be at FedEx on 9/23 to see Big Blue get Skinned.

ummm.. ok.. and?

It's amazing that you even got to see any Redskins games, what with the one game per network rule for New York City and Sunday Ticket was still a decade away.

There was an article back in the 80's about the NYC one game rule, went something like ... "most Sundays, it's the Jets at 1 and the Giants at 4. For variety, the Giants would play at 1 and the Jets at 4."

The networks loosened the restrictions on doubleheader games starting in 1999 which made a difference here as we were constantly getting shut out of the second game despite selling out at home. Whether that helped NYC with their One Game Rule is uncertain ...

cheers

We had a good roof antenna that could get Channel 3 in Hartford -- saw some games that way.

My building regulations forbid a satellite dish, so I usually go to a bar in West Haven to see games if they're not on. Of course, there's another way that is unproven, but I think I'll try it this year.

For $24.99 a week or $250 for the year, get NFL Game Pass from Yahoo. Of course, you have to use an IP address generator that makes them think you're in Europe. Americans are blocked from using the service, thanks to the DirecTV contract. Then watch on your computer.

Don't know if this works. But I'm going to try it on a weekly basis.

I hate all three of them with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.....my slight edge goes to the Iggles because of their jackass fans who flap their gums in my ear all the time about how good they're gonna be and they always have some lame excuse when the birds disappoint them AGAIN. (please see sig)

I hate the cowboys more than any other team pro or college! this inspires me to make my list of most hated teams starting at the top

1) dallas cowboys NFL

2) Florida state NCAA football

3) NY Giants NFL

4) NY knicks NBA

5) Eagles NFL

6) Tennessee NCAA football

7) Miami NCAA football

8) USC NCAA football

9) UNC NCAA Basketball

10) NY Yankees MLB

honorable mentions: LA lakers, detroit pistons, michigan (ncaa), UB Gay (ncaa), Georgia (ncaa) WVU (ncaa)

Now you've inspired me:

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. New York Yankees

3. Duke Basketball

4. Philadephia Eagles

5. U.Tenneesse Football

6. New York Giants

7. North Carolina Basketball

8. Florida St. Football

9. Miami Heat

10. USC Football

I'm surprised Tom hasn't showed up here yet. Excellent post!

As for my top 10, I'd have to say:

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. University of Michigan

3. Florida Gators

4. Philadelphia Eagles

5. New York Giants

6. San Antonio Spurs

7. Detroit Pistons

8. Texas Longhorns

9. Washington Wizards (sorry :( )

10. Cleveland Browns

Don't get me wrong, I still make special nachos and get super-pumped for the game against the Cowpukes. (Well, my wife makes the nachos.)

Think of it this way. The Giants are one of the few teams in the NFL with no cheerleaders. Matter of fact, I've seen very few good-looking female Giants fans. Then again, my wife bought a Redskins sports bra once. Instant aphrodisiac. Did I say that out loud? :shutup: :shutup: :shutup:

10. They play in Jersey.

Oooh! Let's take it easy on the Jersey bashing. It's not like Jersey WANTS to have New York's trash. But I see exactly what you mean, being a Redskins fan in Jersey leaves you surrounded by Giants and Eagles fans (not a good combination). I find victory against the Giants more pleasing than any other team simply because a lot of my friends are Giants fans and I'd like (for once) to rub it into their faces.

I hate them both and the Eagles too. I went to several Skins Giants game and some jackass wearing the giants blue hard hat got into a fight BOTH TIMES. What a druken mess that clown was. With the exception of Tom they can continue to be New Yorks Waste Dump for all I care.

LOL! He was wearing a Blue Hard Hat! I've been to about a half dozen Giants games, and I always saw those stupid things.

By the way, going to a game at The Meadlowlands is a walk in the park compared to the Vet.

Here's what I used to hate about Giants fans. I used to work in Manhattan. Right before the season started every year a handful of Giants fans would gather around during lunch and look over the schedule. W, W, W, W, L, W, W, etc. They would invariably come up with 13-3! And I'm thinking are you people out of your minds!? You're a 7-9 team!

One of the funniest moments ever was the Giants collapse against the Vikings in the playoffs back in the 90's.

Now you've inspired me:

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. New York Yankees

3. Duke Basketball

4. Philadephia Eagles

5. U.Tenneesse Football

6. New York Giants

7. North Carolina Basketball

8. Florida St. Football

9. Miami Heat

10. USC Football

Wow that's a pretty good list....75% the same as you

I found a bar on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, Ship of Fool's in the 80's on 2nd Avenue, that I went to every Sunday back in the mid 90's because they carried every NFL game. Saw every Skins game there (with the exception of MNF) for about 4 years. The cool thing was that every year, most of those 5-6 Redskins fans came back to the Ship to see their Skins.

One Game Rule totally sucked.

2. I have attended three Redskins games at Giants Stadium. It's a toilet.

3. Giants fans who attend games have no diversity. They are nothing but a bunch of drunken overweight white men from upstate New York. Period.

4. These fans put more energy into abusing fans of the opposing team than they do cheering for their own.

5. They were horrible to Saints fans at the Saints "home game" at Giants Stadium following Hurricane Katrina -- "Hope you brought your swimmies!"

6. Lawrence Taylor... nuff said.

7. Big Blue Wrecking Crew... what a dumb name.

8. LaVar Arrington left to play for them.

9. Seeing the Cowboys win over the Skins has almost become routine. Seeing the Giants win... you never get used to it.

10. They play in Jersey.

I've always despised the Cowboys, but it's so cliche, the emotion has somewhat worn off. BUT I PASSIONATELY HATE THE GIANTS!

Will be at FedEx on 9/23 to see Big Blue get Skinned.

"HATE" is a very strong adjective to use and when you opt to include it your quotes most often you lose perspective. I'm sympathetic with your dilemma and I understand you dis-satisfication of the Giants and their fans.

Remember this, "what goes around comes around and you reap what you sow" !!

Tiki is a hall of famer no doubt in my eyes.

eli is a hall of shamer

Tiki is a hall of famer? why? because he had 3 excellent years in the nfl? Then blastes the coach who made him what he was. Before Coughlin showed up Tiki was a average rusher who was known more for fumbling then scoring td's. He only has 55 rushing td's in 10 years.

Anyways, I work in a sports bar here in montreal. So no doubt We have a token "die hard" eagles fan, a token "die hard" girls fan and a token "die hard" giants fan. Too bad I can't ever get into a intelligent football conversation with them, I.E. tell them how much there team really sucks, cuz they can't name more then 3 players on there "teams" which they know "Everything" about! I know more then triple about then favorite teams then they do! These 3 teams always seem to have these types of fans. SKinz Rule, true die hard fans

Eagles fan: "Shut up ryan, 4 straight NFC finals. Mcnabb is the best qb in the league" :doh:

Giants fan: "Shut up ryan, Eli is gonna tear it up this year. he's gonna be better then peyton. :doh:

Pukes fan: "Shut up ryan, bledsoe sucked, now we got Romo sits to pee. OFMG 95 rating haxorz" Or "Roy williams is the best safety in the nfl, all those pro bowls prove it :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Archived