Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTEM Reports One Vet QB Will Be Released

ouvan59

Call me crazy, I say let's cut Brunell. Campbell, Collins, Bramlet on depth chart, Palmer to practice squad. Collins can at least help teach the offense. Brunell clearly doesn't get the offense from what we saw last year, or he is at least incapable of executing it.

If Bramlet moves to the active roster, he needs someone who can be teaching him this offense basically the whole time. I have more confidence in Collins teaching it than in Brunell.

Hey ThePreciating. You're Crazy.

Brunell understands the offense, he simply can't execute it. But neither can Collins. Brunell would be the bigger cap hit. Plus at least Brunell has some experience, albeit most of it poor, with the offense in actual game situations.

Crazy. :D

If Bramlet moves to the active roster, he needs someone who can be teaching him this offense basically the whole time. I have more confidence in Collins teaching it than in Brunell.

Brunell knows the Offense, he just has never had a strong arm and now he's legs are all but gone from underneath him.

I'd have much more faith in an also-ran teaching a QB than a never-was.

I've been saying all along that the reason why Collins is still here is because of the uncertainty of Brunell coming off of injury. Once Brunell proves that he can still throw the ball, Collins will be let go.

Jason

:applause:

I think you nailed it.

You guys don't get it ... Bramlet already has been executing the Saunders offense via Satelite intructions (directly to his helmet mike) ... anyone watching the SeaDevils on NFLNetwork can see this. Bramlet is an upgrade over Brunell ... both Brunell and Collins will be cut before the season starts. No kidding.

Didn't see this posted.

I just heard on WTEM that a source inside the Redskins FO says that the Skins will not keep both Mark Brunell and Todd Collins leaving room for either Bramlet or Palmer.

"Hit the road Todd, and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.

Hit the road Todd, and don't you come back no more, what y'all say?"

I've been saying all along that the reason why Collins is still here is because of the uncertainty of Brunell coming off of injury. Once Brunell proves that he can still throw the ball, Collins will be let go.

Jason

Yes, sir! :applause:

Brunell is a mighty fine back-up QB, arguably the best back-up in the NFL. The hatred some of us have for him is so ridiculous that I sometimes wonder whether or not any of us actually deserve a winning team because we'll just as quickly bash a player who helped us have one as soon as he struggles a bit.

At least show some class cuz the guy has stepped back now. There's no need to disrespect him at every opportunity. It's disgusting, especially coming from the fans who claim to be the classiest (or at least used to) and are part of a "smart" football town. Goodness.

We should love the fact that we got a guy who is capable of winning some games for us ready to come in should the worst happen. But no, let me just bash Brunell cuz that's the cool thing to do around here. Maybe people will like me more and quote my block of text with a :laugh: or a :notworthy or a :applause: and then insert their incredibly intelligent remark about how sucky Brunell is that took 'em an entire 5 minutes sitting in front of the keyboard to think about.

Good job.

This might actually be the first real battle between Saunders and Gibbs. We all know Gibbs has a man-crush on Mark and Al is the reason Todd is here.

Get the popcorn ready for all of the rumors that will be passed around about disagreements between the two coaches. The FO should prepare the three sentence statement of denial now.

With Brunell being such a great back up, of course it'll be Collins. He won't be going anywhere of course. He will most likely stay on and continue to do what he has done since he came here, coach. Thats great. How could you ask for a better QB situation. Sure, we don't have Manning or Brady, but we have a what appears to be our next franchise QB in the making, a proven vet, with great knowledge of the system, a guy who can transition from player to QB coach and do it well and three promising rookies sitting behind them. Maybe this will begin to relieve some of the constant FO bashing that goes on in here.

Once again people just can't resist the urge to bash a player on their favorite team. Collins over Brunell? Are you serious? Do some of you even think before you post? Wait, nevermind, it's obvious you don't. Brunell helped this team to the playoffs, Collins has little recent on-field experience.

Brunell is coming off of surgery, and the reports so far are he's doing well on intermediate throws, but still having some trouble on deep passes. This is to be expected coming off of surgery. Since he's not the starter, MB will have lots of time to rest. When he's healthy and rested, Mark has great games. It's when he's overworked that he gets injured and goes downhill. Still, Mark set an NFL record last season in Saunder's offense. So I think he "gets it"

I've previously pointed out that Brunell is better than 80% of the league's immediate back-up QBs, yet the bashing continues. God forbid we have a solid game manager who doesn't make mistakes, backing up our potential franchise QB. Instead, let's all wish someone with little game experience, who will be much more inclined to committing errors, would be the back up. Or hope someone who had success in Europa will be the back up, I mean the transistion shouldn't pose any problems at all, right?

This team can't afford turnovers. The defense will improve, as will the offense. However, if Campbell (knock on wood) gets injured, having a QB more prone to making turnovers is the last thing this team needs. We need to make sure our defense isn't on the field too long. This was a problem last season, and having a back up who is more likely to commit errors isn't going to keep our defense off the field very long. A veteran back up who's had success, doesn't make stupid mistakes, and is still looked upon as a leader by the team (something very important the haters like to ignore) will keep our defense off the field longer.

Collins is the most logical choice to be cut. But I know how some of you hate to use logic, or even see someone else use it.

Archived