Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTEM Reports One Vet QB Will Be Released

ouvan59

Here you guys go....

Posted: Thursday June 21, 2007 08:16AM ET

A source close to the matter said Redskins officials have indicated the team will not keep both Mark Brunell, 36, and Todd Collins, 35, on the active roster. That would leave a spot open for Jordan Palmer, Casey Bramlet or Sam Hollenbach. The Redskins will carry three quarterbacks into the season and keep one other for the practice squad, which means six quarterbacks are fighting for four positions

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

Here you guys go....

Posted: Thursday June 21, 2007 08:16AM ET

A source close to the matter said Redskins officials have indicated the team will not keep both Mark Brunell, 36, and Todd Collins, 35, on the active roster. That would leave a spot open for Jordan Palmer, Casey Bramlet or Sam Hollenbach. The Redskins will carry three quarterbacks into the season and keep one other for the practice squad, which means six quarterbacks are fighting for four positions

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

bramlet will make the roster with all of the work hes doing in europe, and he deserves it. collins is gone, and palmer should get the work for the practice squad, we can ditch hollenbach.

Hopefully Bramlet's NFLE experiences have made him ready to seriously compete this year. I'd love to see him in the #2 spot (unlikely, I know). But let's be realistic, despite my faith in Brunell over the past couple of years, it has all but run out, which means if (knock on wood) Campbell goes down, I'd rather see a young QB go in than relive the Brunell experience.

I think Collins knew that when he was signed, it was mainly for one year as a player-coach.

I really hope it is Bramlet at #3. Seems that since Palmer isn't doing well in the minicamp/OTA's, that Hollenbach still has a chance to make the practice squad over him. Probably unlikely though.

bramlet will make the roster with all of the work hes doing in europe, and he deserves it. collins is gone, and palmer should get the work for the practice squad, we can ditch hollenbach.

Well when Hollenbach makes it to the Super Bowl and wins the MVP I'll tell him you said that. You'll be sorry. You'll be very, very sorry. You'll rue the day you doubted Sam Hollenbach!!! *shakes fist*

Lots of media "experts" have been speculating that this would happen for months. Is this a factual report or more speculation?

:dallasuck

It was a news report as opposed to the talking heads just talking so they are treating it like it's factual. Now these "unnamed sources" have been wrong before so take it for what it is. But supposedly it came from inside the organization.

hmmm...

can I have another hint please?

Use his name in a sentence maybe.

Todd Collins will be cut by the Washington Redskins in 2007...

Haha Thanks for clearing that up for me!

I think Todd new this was coming for sure, no way he honestly thought he'd come anywhere near actually playing in the regular season here.

Call me crazy, I say let's cut Brunell. Campbell, Collins, Bramlet on depth chart, Palmer to practice squad. Collins can at least help teach the offense. Brunell clearly doesn't get the offense from what we saw last year, or he is at least incapable of executing it.

If Bramlet moves to the active roster, he needs someone who can be teaching him this offense basically the whole time. I have more confidence in Collins teaching it than in Brunell.

Call me crazy, I say let's cut Brunell. Campbell, Collins, Bramlet on depth chart, Palmer to practice squad. Collins can at least help teach the offense. Brunell clearly doesn't get the offense from what we saw last year, or he is at least incapable of executing it.

If Bramlet moves to the active roster, he needs someone who can be teaching him this offense basically the whole time. I have more confidence in Collins teaching it than in Brunell.

shawn springs will play a full season before joe gibbs cuts mark brunell. :laugh:

Archived