Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Lavar be allowed to retire a Redskin?

Koolblue13

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't have a problem with it. He made his name here. He did next to nothing as a giant and still lives in and has tie to the area.

All you haters who won't accept LA as a redskin need to just get over it. So what if he bad-mouthed the staff. If you went through the kind of front office and coaching turnover that marked most of his redskin career, you'd be a little bitter too. The fact that he would want to be remembered as a Redskin, if he indeed wants to, should count for something.

I dont think he needs to apologize, thats humiliating after all this time, and petty to bring up at this point when he is in serious pain and on the verge of ending his career. If he wants to retire a Redskin, ( I doubt he would want to) then i say let him sign a one day deal, get it done and we wont have to hear his name ever again. Yeah, is wasnt pretty when we parted ways with him, but its over, no need to drag him in the streets and bring all that back up. Let him retire with a single shred of dignity, if this is where he wants to retire.

great players go back and sign a one year contract to retire with a certain team, lavar was not a great player. injuries may not have been his fault, but he just didnt live up to the hype and he has zero chance at a HoF spot so why would he need to retire as a redskin

People fail to realize that for the players and coaches, its a business. Heck, I've bad mouthed previous employers.....the only difference is I didnt have a camera stuck in my face. No matter how much everyone here likes Joe Gibbs (myself included), Lavar has every right to voice his opinion about a person or incident that affected HIM. Having said that, if the man wants to retire a skin then so be it as its up to the people he badmouthed to firgive him.

Arrington was an emotionally immature player who wasted a good chunk of his talent and playing career by not becoming a student of the game and mastering the fundamentals of sound defensive football. He relied on his natural ability and speed and once injuries reduced those advantages, he didn't have the experience to count on to counterbalance that drop and remain a formidable player.

That said, there are worse cases of players and organizations not getting along and then burying the hatchet than this one.

I doubt though, that Arrington will want to retire as a Redskin. At least in the near future.

This board is effing crazy. Someone who contributed nearly nothing to our team, only made the playoffs while on the bench while he moaned and groaned over nothing, swore that he'd never play for another team, PAID TO GET OFF OF THE TEAM, went to a division rival, kept our playbook, and bad-mouthed JOE EFFING GIBBS does NOT deserve to ever wear the colors burgundy or gold ever again.

If you think otherwise, then you should rethink your standards for Redskins-class players. We're not the Cowboys, Eagles, or G-d forbid the GIANTS, so stop acting like it!

I just don't get you people. Lavar blew goat balls. At his prime, he was nothing more than above average. I'm glad he likes DC and all, but that really means nothing.

EDIT: Misinterpreted the question. Sould he be allowed? Sure. Do I care nor want him to? No.

Archived