Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Lavar be allowed to retire a Redskin?

Koolblue13

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think we can all agree that his career was over long before he crashed his bike. I had heard he didn't have any cartalidge left in his knee. Evenif he had the tiniest bit of gas in the tank, I can't imagine he could ever play for us again. Over all, his career is a sad reminder of just how hard this league is to survive in. Drafted high, by the team he grew up cheering for, early sucsess and then after being ravaged by injuries, a coaching staff with a scheme he couldn't wrap his head around. I do wish things could have gone much better for him, but alas, it didn't.

I don't ever do disclaimers, but I'm a little wacked out because of some pain killers. Stupid spider bite.

Look, LaVar ain't going to Canton okay. That's the only reason players like to sign at the end of their careers with their original team: Art Monk and Brian Mitchell both did it so they could retire Redskins and enter the HOF as Redskins (okay, so that's not working out real good so far....). Jerry Rice re-signed with SF if I'm not mistaken.

I really don't think LaVar cares to end his career as a Redskin and I really don't think the Redskins care if he does or not.

To me, it's a non-issue. Now that his career is done, LaVar was nothing more than a highly touted, highly talented, underperformer. And a bit of a whiner at that.

Hail,

H

Didn't B Mitch come back and retire after bad mouthing this organization worse than Lavar did, and continues to do so on a daily basis?

I say yes..he did help end (put the finishing blow on) a Cowboy career

he also pissed me off when he was on the giants..he was acting like he'd been one for years when we played there in '06

He would probably come out and say that the one day contract originally stated that he would receive a $6.5 million signing bonus. He would then claim that the Redskins changed it behind his back and refused to pay it.

No thanks.

Didn't B Mitch come back and retire after bad mouthing this organization worse than Lavar did, and continues to do so on a daily basis?

I say yes..he did help end (put the finishing blow on) a Cowboy career

This is a good point that some have forgotten. I think we'll forever remember him for that, but at the same time it's also hard to forget how much Lavar badmouthed us in the end.

I hope he recovers and leads a normal life. As for retiring as a Redskin, thanks but no thanks.

I agree with Kool that's it's a sad story no matter how you look at it.

It also doesn't look good when the guy was basically complaining about Dale Lindsey who then gets fired by Gibbs in the offseason.

Sad to see such talent go to waste so soon...

Archived