Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Lavar be allowed to retire a Redskin?

Koolblue13

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

3 time pro bowler in 6 seasons for the Skins Lavar.

We might have one player on the current team that is a 3 time pro bowler.

I assume you have only been watching the team for a year or two, because he was the best we had at the time. :laugh:

Ahh... the ultimate in popularity contests, second only to a High School talent show.

Saying he was the best of what we had is like saying cow poop smells better than dog poop.

In a lot of ways LaVar will probably be remembered as guy who never lived up to the hype that was created due to the "LaVar Leap" and his play in college.

I'll always remember him as a Skin and specifically the interception return against Carolina which seemed to spark a five game run and gave us hope through a horrible season (remember opening day against SD? :doh: ).

A lot of what happened to him can be related to our instability as an organization. When he was "on" he was fun to watch.....he just never seemed to be "on" consistenly enough to dominate for several games in a row.

Anyhow, if he wanted to retire as a Skin, I'm sure Dan would accomodate his request and make it happen.

That is absolutely the best post about this debate so far. Very level headed wildbill and well put.

I think that for years he was the face of the franchise. He deserves to retire a redskin in my opinion. So there was some bad blood between him, Joe Gibbs, and Gregg Williams. He was a good player for us for a few years. I am willing to look past the fact that he said he would retire rather than play for another team and also the fact that he bad mouthed the team (football is a business). Therefore, I am for him retiring as a redskin.

He payed to get out, so NO, not now not ever.

The team offered him a buy out instead of keeping a good defense together and have his teammates contracts guaranteed with a cut in his salary.....

Why would he want to retire here....

Your first post seemed reasonable enough, but then you totally lost me with this one :mad: . Alba, and her butt, is moneeeyyy.

:applause: :applause: Yes, close the thread right here. As someone already said, LaVar's not going into the HOF, so it's not like retiring on any one team, including the Skins, means anything. But the way he acted on the way out, particularly about Gibbs, forget it. That bridge was burned, and at this point I feel like everyone's better off when both LaVar and the Skins do not interact at all.

That butt looks real skinny.... But she's is cute....

Maybe he should pay to get back in?:whoknows:

Damn straight!

While he's at it, he can buy back my autographed "authentic" jersey and the autographed mini-helmet.....

He wouldn't have to worry about the all-star jersey though.

I burned it at the NYG tailgate last season..........

I don't have a problem with it. He made his name here. He did next to nothing as a giant and still lives in and has tie to the area.

All you haters who won't accept LA as a redskin need to just get over it. So what if he bad-mouthed the staff. If you went through the kind of front office and coaching turnover that marked most of his redskin career, you'd be a little bitter too. The fact that he would want to be remembered as a Redskin, if he indeed wants to, should count for something.

I feel the same way. When he was here, he WAS Mr. Redskin. I don't think that anyone here can deny that he loved being a Redskin. This whole "he's dead to me because he bad mouthed Gibbs" is a load of :pooh: If he did a drive by on Gibbs' house, then you'd have a point. But when you get down to it, it's a game which has no real effect on anyone's day to day life and I think that it's silly to build up such animosity over such trivial things.

ever do disclaimers, but I'm a little wacked out because of some pain killers. Stupid spider bite.

Hm... I awoke this morning with a spider bit (im assuming) on my side.. Hopefully its nothing major.. As of now its two identicle itchy bumps side by side.

Another reason I don't want to see this happen is, he had a lucrative offer from Miami and Cleveland was interested also, but he spurned them, saying he wanted to stay in the NFC East. Now why would he say that? Why would he do that? He wanted to get back at us. And I believe he said it would be great to play us twice a year. Monk never said that when he went to the Jets. Even B.Mitch didn't say that when he went to NY.

I don't have any ill will against LaVar, I just think that things didn't have to happen the way they did. If he had dropped his lawsuit against the SKINS and apologized to Mr. Snyder, then he would have played more. Give me a break that Holdman beat out LaVar in anything. Holdman was the worst Redskin ever........................ I just feel as if LaVar threw it all away for nothing.

Archived