Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Lavar be allowed to retire a Redskin?

Koolblue13

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Why does Lavar have to appologize to anybody? Ok he said some stupid things, but it is a business, and if I'm not mistake, he gave money back to get out of Washington. When have you ever heard that kind of thing happening? I think everybody needs to get off the Lavar is dead to me and Lavar needs to appologize trip. Grow-up people Lavar don't owe you or me anything. You guys are still so uptight about what he said about Gibbs, but If Gibbs is the Christian Man he says he is, (And I believe he is), then Gibbs is not still holding any grudges. Let it go.:2cents:

I'm actually indifferent towards LA and related issues now a days. However, I'm curious whether those who rip LA for bad mouthing the franchise on the way out are equally against the likes of BMitch who did the same thing but include the fans of the team as well when he went to Philly?

Just wondering?

He said some classless things but was a star for this team when nobody cared about them except for those on this message board. Do it to say thanks for the hard work for years. I hate what he said, but that's players these days (no I'm not old look at my age) and that's life.

Although I very seriously doubt that he would want to retire as a Skin, I don't think the Team would try to stop him. It will only make them look really bad. Not many teams have ever refused a player either drafted by, or who have played a good portion of their career, or even played in Superbowl with that team.

None of us know, although I have heard it from other players past and present about how the FRONT OFFICE treats its players, what he went through. We only hear and see the comments an angry player makes to the media monster. Somethings we all know shouldnt be said ever, but how many times have we said some of the same things about our employers and co-workers. We are JUST fans. We chose to pay for what we want to see each wknd. We are under no contract and stand to lose nothing more then emotion and time spent. These guys play a game for a living, but its really their job to perform every week to earn the right to play. Teams handle most their employees just as that, EMPLOYEES..... It's also a business for the owners. Make as much money as you can by giving the consumer (US) something to buy.

We will never be penalized for not routing for whatever team we started loving and now routing for the rivals.

We will all be Skins fans mostly for life. What players say about the team while a memeber and when they leave have no barring on how we fell about them.

If he felt he needed to vent his many frustartions publicly, then that is how he chose to do it. Right, wrong, isnt determined by us not involved in the BUSINESS of the game.

And knowing what i know about how most all teams have treated it's EMPLOYEES, none of the players should feel any loyalty towards any team at any time. You are not guaranteed much of anything and even that can be taken away if you get hurt while working for the EMPLOYER. Only a few guys per team are those that make the dream salaries. the rest are much like US, working for a check and will play for anyone paying that check.

In short...LOL.... He will always be a Redskin Fan, his kids will be skins fans, and i know how much it hurt him not to be here for his entire career. I also know what the team did and why he really left. Which is really foul if you knew. None of this will stop me from wearing DENT on a #19 Burgundy and Gold Jersey and screaming when we win, and crying when we lose. No matter what he has or will say will ever erase him from the NFL Films tapes with #56 on the field giving everything for the EMPLOYER, THE Team, THE SKINS.

This post sucks!!!!!

Please get over it and move on.....

This can not be what you call sexy!!!!!
Your first post seemed reasonable enough, but then you totally lost me with this one :mad: . Alba, and her butt, is moneeeyyy.
This board is effing crazy. Someone who contributed nearly nothing to our team, only made the playoffs while on the bench while he moaned and groaned over nothing, swore that he'd never play for another team, PAID TO GET OFF OF THE TEAM, went to a division rival, kept our playbook, and bad-mouthed JOE EFFING GIBBS does NOT deserve to ever wear the colors burgundy or gold ever again.

If you think otherwise, then you should rethink your standards for Redskins-class players. We're not the Cowboys, Eagles, or G-d forbid the GIANTS, so stop acting like it!

:applause: :applause: Yes, close the thread right here. As someone already said, LaVar's not going into the HOF, so it's not like retiring on any one team, including the Skins, means anything. But the way he acted on the way out, particularly about Gibbs, forget it. That bridge was burned, and at this point I feel like everyone's better off when both LaVar and the Skins do not interact at all.

Can this arguement please die.

I mean honestly. IF he asks the franchise is he can retire a Skin then maybe ok we can start it up again and pull this thread out.

But until that big IF happens then we might as well argue about if Michael Strahan should be allowed to retire a Redskin.

Ignoring all the crybabies, it's actually pretty simple. If a player asks to retire as a member of the Skins, they tend to accomodate that request. You have a non HOF bound player like Raleigh McEnzie who was able to sign and retire as a Redskin after leaving the team in 95. Hell even a marginal player like Leslie Shepherd was allowed to resign for a day and retire a Redskin a few years ago.

If LaVar wants it, it will happen.

I doubt the Redskins are as petty as some people on this board are.

In a lot of ways LaVar will probably be remembered as guy who never lived up to the hype that was created due to the "LaVar Leap" and his play in college.

I'll always remember him as a Skin and specifically the interception return against Carolina which seemed to spark a five game run and gave us hope through a horrible season (remember opening day against SD? :doh: ).

A lot of what happened to him can be related to our instability as an organization. When he was "on" he was fun to watch.....he just never seemed to be "on" consistenly enough to dominate for several games in a row.

Anyhow, if he wanted to retire as a Skin, I'm sure Dan would accomodate his request and make it happen.

Lavar who?

3 time pro bowler in 6 seasons for the Skins Lavar.

We might have one player on the current team that is a 3 time pro bowler.

I assume you have only been watching the team for a year or two, because he was the best we had at the time. :laugh:

Archived