Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My schedule overview and analysis

michael_33

The Bucs will be pretty good depending on how Garcia picks up the offense. he's a good qb with a decent running game behind him. I don't see any reason why they won't win a few games this year. I hope that they are tied with us when we play in terms of records and we smoke them. Or even better, we lose to them and have another rematch in the paloffs where we smoke them :)

That was a good analysis and very well thought out. I agree we could be the sleeper in the NFC and all of the NFL this year because we aren't being looked at as being very good. I can see all the NFL experts from ESPN, NFL Network, and NBC that are bashing the Redskins this year saying, "the Surprising 6-0 Washington Redskins are taking on the 7-0 New England Patriots. No one expected to see then Redskins undefeated at this time of the year."

Of course they will say that the Redskins haven't played anyone and that New England is far superior until we beat them and shut their PIE HOLES. This is not a far reach from reality if we stay healthy.

It should shut them up but they will instead make excuses such as "so and so was hurt and the Skins took advantage.They would never give the skins props as a true threat until they Beat them and a few more "good" teams.

My perdictions:

Betts replaces Portis in the line-up

Brunell replaces cambell

Offense is no longer the weak link of the team

Defense is ranked 9th

Special team excels and leads the league.

Redskins go 12-4

Beat the Rams at Jack Kent Cooke stadium for the NFC Championship by mere luck.

Get's blown out by the Colts in the 1st half of the Super Bowl.

Then rallies for the most spetacular finish in Super Bowl history.

Listen guys, as much as I love the Skins! We're probably going to have another lousy year. The D-line is gonna get run over all season long, and last time i checked, winning is all about stopping the running game.

Campbell and the offense should light it up though!

Or you could look at the bad signs.

Last time we played the Lions and Packers in order after a bye we finished 6-10.

The last time I remember us playing the Eagles on the road on MNF was the Body Bag game.

The last time the Redskins played the Giants in week 3 at home the Redskins lost by 3 while setting a team record (17 penalties for 142 yards).

The last time the Redskins had a week 4 bye they finished 7-9.

The last time the Redskins played a regular season game in Tampa the refs gave Tampa the game, at least 2 times.

The last time the Redskins played the Patriots they won! Then lost 10 of 12.

The only AFC team Gibbs has ever coached against in Week 1 was the Dolphins in Washington, and we lost that game 35-17. We play Miami week 1 this year.

The last time we played Buffalo we got beat down and it was also the first of 2 times Travis Henry set a career rushing mark against us. Maybe its good that he's in Denver now.

The last time the Redskins played Chicago our starting QB got benched for Brunell and never started another game in Washington.

The last time we played Minnesota we lost a player on the opening kickoff which many here claim doomed our 2006 season.

The last time we played the Cardinals our starting Qb threw 3Ints and fumbled 2 times. Somehow that didn't get him benched either since we did manage to win.

The last time the Skins faced all 5 former NFC Central teams in the same season we won 4 of 5 against them!!! The problem was that we won 2 of 11 against the rest of the league and didn't beat a non NFC Central team until week 13. If the same thing happens this year we will start 1-9.

I could go on, but is it really necessary? :D

I like the post from whoever said that Brunell replaces Campbell. I could see it happening, especially if Brunell plays well in Pre-Season. Kinda like what happened prior to the 05 season when Brunell took over for Ramsey. Campbell could get out to a lousy start, and Brunell comes in and manages the game, with the rest of the team clicking, just like in 2005....

I like the post from whoever said that Brunell replaces Campbell. I could see it happening, especially if Brunell plays well in Pre-Season. Kinda like what happened prior to the 05 season when Brunell took over for Ramsey. Campbell could get out to a lousy start, and Brunell comes in and manages the game, with the rest of the team clicking, just like in 2005....

And then we will see the screens all over again- no thank you on that part!

:logo:

sorry, its not going to happen, Redskins will be fortunate to win 8 games this year...

its a developement year, next year (the 2008) season, things will settle down and they will be finally starting a possible winning attitude.

don't get me wrong "the Almighty Skins" are many a westcoasters NFC team, but since we are away from the blindness of being there and having mass hope, we can see things clearly..

good luck to them, and best of luck this season to all the fans

Let's face it, the NFL has become almost impossible to predict in this day and age. 12-4 Bucs? You never know. Garcia could light up the South and Vick might be behind bars leaving Harrington at the Falcons wheel. The Panthers were all but annointed the Super Bowl Champ last year and they fell flat. Did anybody see the Saints or Bears coming?

I would be ecstatic with 11-5 and especially in our division and a road trip to New England. Speaking of New England, see may Carolina comments. Everybody has piled on to "Hoodies" bandwagon and have pretty much made them a lock for the Super Bowl. (In Homer's voice, "That's a big lock") I would hold off, sometimes those free agent moves can change the chemistry and spoil the soup or more appropriately, chowder they have brewing up there.

10-6 or 9-7 would be a tremendous turn around off 5-11and it will all depend on injuries and the development of JC and performance of the defense. My prediction? If Portis and the O-Line stay healthy as well as all the other core players, 10-6, 4-2 in the division. Losses being at Dallas and at Philly. I think the Giants are going to bring up the rear this year.

Archived