Extremeskins

My schedule overview and analysis

michael_33

Washington Redskins 2007 NFL Schedule

----------------------------------------

Week 1) Miami Dolphins

Sun,Sept 9

-----------------------

This will be a good chance to start off early as I believe the Dolphins are having some major issues right now with a number of things...First there's the whole signing of Trent Green and Culpepper situation.Who will start?Will DC get cut?Then there's the story of them signing Tedd Ginn Jr. with their (HIGH) 1st round pick and many questioning the decision...I think this will be a good test to a non-conference foe to see where we are at with all the changes we have made and JC at the helm.But I also think this is a game we SHOULD win being that we are at home and we should be healthy as well...Either way,this is a good chance to see what Jason Campbell can do against a very respectable defense.

Week 2)Philadelphia Eagles

Mon,Sept 17

--------------------------

IMO...The perfect time to play the Eagles.We will get to see a McNabb and Campbell showdown(the showdown of the Campbell soup commercial)Campbell will also get some exposure being a Monday Night game as well...Hopefully Mcnabb is ready to go,but if not...this could be a game we steal from them if they are not at full strength.Oh...and let's not forget!What kind of a toll has the Reid family been through this offseason?Will it affect him on the field?Probably not.He's too good of a coach to let something like that get in his way...But as a Division foe,you can't help but wonder what kind of problems that team is dealing with right now!

(I think we win this game!)

Week 3)N.Y Giants

Sun,Sept 23

-------------------

This is the game that may very well decide,what kind of season we will have?A win and we are possibly 3-0 and 2-0 in the Div and going into a Bye week.A loss and we could possibly be 1-2 or 0-3 and maybe 0-2 in the division...The Good news:We get to face the Giants without the Redskin Killer Tiki Barber and @ home.The bad news:We just don't play them very well anywhere!This is a game where we will be glad we got 37 CB's on the team :laugh: Cause we know Eli want's to be his brother and will come out Blazin'...This will also be a good measurement to how good/bad our DL really is with all the controversy...Cause they lost their top OL in Peitigout and have not really done much with that group...Heck!Their O-line wasn't that great with before,but now it sucks!If our D-line cannot penetrate that group and be up in Eli's face,then that will be the answer to all the questions about our D-line...No matter what happens in the first 2 games (Mia,Phil)we MUST win this game!!

Week 4)BYE

Sun,Sept 30

------------

Yes..Another early Bye week.However,considering that we just played 2 Division foes,I think this isn't such a bad time to regroup and get Springs oops the team back to healthy status. :rolleyes: Cause the next 3 games might be the difference in going 11-5 or 12-4 for the year or 9-7 and even 8-8 for the year!

Week 5)Detroit Lions

Sun,Oct 7

--------------------

The Redskins secondary is going to get a heavy dose of speed in this one...Our secondary will be facing Calvin Johnson and the million other 1st round WR core the lions already have...Thank god we are at home or they would look even faster...This team scares me more talent wise than the Saints,but just haven't been able to put it all together.We will need to be on our toes in this one and not give them any hope from the very beginning.Thank god their defense sucks or I might just start to get concerned about this game!

Week 6)Greenbay Packers

Sun,Oct 14

-------------------------

A trip to Lambeau is always fun....But possibly the worst team on our schedule as far as talent is concerned...As long as Favre is playing like the last 2 seasons,then I think we will be OK.But you can never call any game a gimme,specially if it's @ Lambeau field...But If I was forced to take 1 away game from our schedule and call it a win...This is it!Didn't they release the 1 good reciever they DID have?Poor ole' Brett... :notworthy

Week 7)Arizona Cardinals

Sun,Oct 21

-------------------------

This is going to be a fun game to watch!The old division rivalry between the Skins and the Cardinals...But wait....!The Cardinals don't look so bad...ya ya...I know!Their predicted every year to make the playoffs...If they ever get their defense in a position to be feared they might become good...They did draft Alan Branch and Levi Brown which should be interesting to watch.Their recievers are very good and we will be glad once again we are @ home this game...(glad both the Lions and Cards games are @ home)with the speed they have at WR...

Week 8)New England

Sun,Oct 28

----------------------

This is for sure going to be a very scary game right before Halloween...With the additions of Stallworth and Moss,our secondary will get more than a mouthfull of Bombs...But if we win this game on the road...All the homerisms...all the burgendy glasses wearing people....and me.... can come out and finally say..."I told you guys we are as good as we have looked on paper...All we needed was a QB" :2cents: :cheers: If we win this game...Then this team can beat anyone period!!Oh...Did I mention I don't like the Patriots! (old steve grogen days yes) Not these Patriots!If we go 1-15...this is the one I want!!

Week 9)N.Y. Jets

Sun,Nov 4

-----------------

This could be a tough road game as we never play good in N.Y...But as much as dog the Giants,I still think they are a better team than the jets..Contain Coles and put pressure on Chad and we win this game period!Question is can we put pressure on Chad?I have about as much faith in our D-line getting pressure on any QB as I do walking out of a Brothel without Crabs..If we can make Chad look like Rex than we will win this game!

Week 10)Philadelphia Eagles

Sun,Nov 11

---------------------------

A win here despite our record could put us in good shape in our division.If we somehow won our earlier 2 Div. games (giants and Eagles) and then this one,then that would be nice...3-0 in the division isn't bad in the NFC east.So even at 5-4 overall and 3-0 in the division would put us in good shape for a run at the div. title...Anything better would be just gravy?But the Eagles always play us better on the road for some reason,so we better be ready!

Week 11)Dallas Cowboys

Sun,Nov 18

------------------------

This will probably be the game of the week when this comes around...But a new coach and system could be very helpful to the redskins...we know their defense is tough,but will Romo sits to pee be like he was early on or like he was late in the season?Either way....This team doesn't scare me!We know what happens to a team when they have a new coach and new system in the 1st year...But the rivalry alone will probably make this game closer than it should be.

Week 12)Tampa Bay Buccanears

Sun,Nov 25

-------------------------------

Big game period!Conference matchup....Probably our #1 conference rivalry in the last 5 years or more(I think 10 years IMO)They will be much better than last year...Garcia is like so much better than Simms it's not funny...That alone makes me nervous.Their defense isn't what it once was,but in that environment,we will need to play our very best and keep Campbell upright cause the bucs come and they come hard!If you have this as a loss on the Schedule,don't be ashamed!This game will be good as it always is.

Week 13)Buffalo Bills

Sun,Dec 2

----------------------

You would think with 70% poll voting that I would be scared of the Bills,But I'm not...Losman isn't great,but he's not bad...Running game isn't great,but it's not bad(losing MaGahee doesn't help)I'm just not that concerned with the Bills...Should I be?Are they as good as Kelly,T.Thomas,B.Smith,M.Kelso...No....I don't think so?And you know what we did to them!Plus we are at home.

Week 14)Chicago Bears

Thursday,Dec 6

-----------------------

A short week could be costly against that crazy defense...We are at home and that will be huge,but we have no idea idea what the injury status will be for all the players.Which will certainly play a big role in who wins.Like if we don't have Griffen or if they are without Harris.If we are without Washington or they without Urlacher and so on...Big game nonetheless and could possibly have playoff homefield implications...If Rex could...well just be Rex than we might have a good chance at this one!

Week 15)N.Y. Giants

Sun,Dec 16

---------------------

Got some extra rest after a brutal bears game which we will need again to face the giants at their place.I think this will be much tougher than before obviously,but how tough...I don't know?Anything could be happening at this point...Coughlin could have a disgruntled lockerroom by now,Eli could be suckin' or on fire...Pierce will probably be talkin' crap again...Who knows?One thing is for sure...If we win on the road at N.Y. after the quiet offseason we have had and in the playoff picture by now,we could be looking at a possible setup for a Dynasty with a franchise QB in the making and the rotation axis shifting a little bit in the NFC East!God I hope so!If we have 10 wins or more by now,then it will be time to start talkin playoffs and more!

Week 16)Minnesota Vikings

Sun,Dec 23

---------------------------

Oh how I want sweet revenge from last year...And preilou should not be on the kicking team at the start...Matter of fact...being at Minny (turf)we should just kick it out of bounds all the time...J/K :cheers: Remember when so/so said we had the 30 worst QB situation in football?Guess who was worse than us?That's right the Vikings!They should almost go after Culpepper again...But seriously,they are not that bad of a team...they just have issues like many teams do.But they do play well at the Metrodome and can beat anyone their as well...we must remember what they did last year to us and bring it to their house this time!

Week 17)Dallas Cowboys

Sun,Dec 30

--------------------------

The Game of Games...Last game of the year....most hated team around here.....possible huge playoff implications....(and maybe gibbs final regular season game)yayaya...have to wonder?Hell...it could be the last game ever if Armageddon hits us.....Who better than to play the Dallas Cowboys at HOME...

And right after Christmas but before the new year...This game definately won't be meaningless...Shoot... this game might be the difference in having a playoff birth to winning the division or even homefield throughout...This could be the catapult that delivers us 3 more superbowl wins with our franchise QB and HOF coach to add to our already 3 more trophies...!

Of course without that damn pass rush,I think I will end this Thread and go visit a Brothel!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I'm getting hounded for not putting up a record,I will satisfy those who need comfort in my analysis!

(Miami=W)I think we open up strong like we usually do (with the exception of last year)and have a good showing offensively winning 27-10.

(@Eagles=W)I think we shock alot of people by knocking off an eagles team dealing with a not so confident McNabb...winning 30-13

(Giants=W)We will truly see how important Tiki was to that team...And droughns and Jacobs are not Tiki...winning 23-7

(Lions=W)As I'm predicting Landry to start by now if he hasn't already,to put fear into that WR core going over the middle!winning 36-26

(@G.B.=L)We should win this game,but we won't...We just catch Favre on a good day and Landry making some rookie mistakes...Losing 24-14

(Arizona=W)This will be a shootout...Arizona improves alot and gets respect,but their defense is always the same...winning 41-21

(@Patriots=W)The Skins know how to play the Pats,plus I refuse to predict us losing to this errogant team!winning 37-34 OT...

(@Jets=L)We just don't play well in New York as I said above...Like GreenBay,we let another winnable game slip through losing 23-16

(Eagles=W)We sweep the eagles and the McNabb stories start pouring in...Campbell has a field day throwing over 400 yards...!winning 27-17

(@Dallas=W)Romo sits to pee Sucks!Landry has breakout game...nabbing 2 INT's and 1 for a TD.winning 24-14

(@Bucs=L)Since the skins and Bucs flipflop W's and L's every year,it's their turn in the rotation for a win and Eagle fans start regretting losing Garcia...!losing 26-10

(Bills=W)Skins pretend it's superbowl 26...Except Losman is looking for his helmet after a crushing blow by landry and Taylor..winning 37-24

(Bears=W)A very tough defensive battle that we escape from...We are glad that grossman is not Sid Luckman...winning 13-10

(@Giants=L) Definately the worst game we play all year...Nothing just seems to go right!losing 27-13

(@Vikings=L)A shootout for sure,but that turf can be brutal...Brunell has to come in just for a precautionary reason on Campbell's foot(not serious)and Mark does his stuff...2 TD's late in the 4th QTR.losing 30-17

(Dallas=W)Redskins in it..Cowboys out of it and portis eclipses 1700 yards rushing for the year...212 in this game...Redskins win 43-0...

Redskins finish 11-5 for the year

2nd place in the NFC and draw the 1st round bye as well as winning their division...

Playoff teams

--------------

Bucs 12-4

Skins 11-5

Seattle 10-6

Bears 9-7

Saints 10-6

Rams 9-7

Rams @ Seattle=Rams

Saints@ Bears=Bears

Rams @ Bucs=Rams

Bears @ Redskins=Skins

NFC Championship game is Rams @ Redskins=Redskins win 38-20

? is...who do we play in Superbowl 42?

Analyzing next season is tough to do. But I know that no matter what, we will atleast be 1-15...

Because we will never ever EVER lose to the Detroit Lions

I predict 10-6 and I think we will upset the Patriots.

We always give the Patriots a tough game, especially at home. I could see this happening

That was a good analysis and very well thought out. I agree we could be the sleeper in the NFC and all of the NFL this year because we aren't being looked at as being very good. I can see all the NFL experts from ESPN, NFL Network, and NBC that are bashing the Redskins this year saying, "the Surprising 6-0 Washington Redskins are taking on the 7-0 New England Patriots. No one expected to see then Redskins undefeated at this time of the year."

Of course they will say that the Redskins haven't played anyone and that New England is far superior until we beat them and shut their PIE HOLES. This is not a far reach from reality if we stay healthy.

That was a good analysis and very well thought out. I agree we could be the sleeper in the NFC and all of the NFL this year because we aren't being looked at as being very good. I can see all the NFL experts from ESPN, NFL Network, and NBC that are bashing the Redskins this year saying, "the Surprising 6-0 Washington Redskins are taking on the 7-0 New England Patriots. No one expected to see then Redskins undefeated at this time of the year."

Of course they will say that the Redskins haven't played anyone and that New England is far superior until we beat them and shut their PIE HOLES. This is not a far reach from reality if we stay healthy.

If we are 6-0 and lose to the Pats then everyone will cry what a fraud we are and point to the year we were 7-1 and did not make the playoffs.

I think if we maintain a .500 record for the first half of the season we will come on strong in the second. This has happened the last two years. The 05 season we obviously made the push into the playoffs, amazing. Last season we started getting the offense rolling and we looked good in losing efforts, all because of our defense.

I think 4-4 first 8, 6-2 last 8. 10-6 playoffs

btw, I don't want to sound negative, but, right now, I really don't think we have a good chance of beating the Patriots. 5 sacks 2 ints by our defense, no turnovers by the offense, I think we'd roll the Patriots. I need to see how the defense plays first before I think we can beat them.

Analyzing next season is tough to do. But I know that no matter what, we will atleast be 1-15...

Because we will never ever EVER lose to the Detroit Lions

We always give the Patriots a tough game, especially at home. I could see this happening

:laugh: Okay, true enough. The Lions stink. But they just might surprise some people this year. (I know, probably just homerism)

Archived