Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many People think Carlos Rogers will show improvement this year?

DirtySkin21

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Los will be fine. just imagine if he had held on to the passes that he dropped, no one would talk about his torchings every now and then. every corner gets torched from time to time, just like every RB or WR will have weak games down the stretch. rogers has the physical tools, the playmaking ability, and the speed to be a top flight CB at some point. a pass rush wouldnt hurt him either........

Los will be fine. just imagine if he had held on to the passes that he dropped, no one would talk about his torchings every now and then. every corner gets torched from time to time, just like every RB or WR will have weak games down the stretch. rogers has the physical tools, the playmaking ability, and the speed to be a top flight CB at some point. a pass rush wouldnt hurt him either........

i agree 100%. I think Los is actually underrated because he does drop a few improtant catches but he does his part for the most part. I mean he did start his rookie year and he played mighty well besides that drop in the endzone in seattle. But that's a rookie. last year, of course he didn'y play his best becuase he had to basically run the whole secondary his 2nd year. He didn't get the frooming and teaching the 1st,2nd, year he had to step right in. So he is learning from his mistakes, and as a result that is what you see. I will not be surprised to see carlos become one of the best shutdown cb's in the league. He will get more comfortable and then he will get more support when the team plays better. He will be awesome. I'm glad we picked him up or else we would be VERY thin at that position

As the entire defense improves so will Carlos Rodgers as he will be able to play in press coverage which is more suited to his style of play.

yup!

he's a good run stopping CB, he can definately put a lick on you.

He's definately good in man situations on bigger slower receivers.

Nobody could play with that piss poor dline

and honestly, it wasn't just clos dropping ints. it was EVERYBODY.

He's either going to be better or Smoots backup.

I think he will improve as long as Springs is healthy and playing each week. He will probably struggle again if he has to be #1.

Worth the #9 pick in 05? I don't think so. But he should be improved.

This is it for our boy C-Los. He either performs now or is demoted to a back up role or he shows us he is worthy of a starting position. Personally i think he will step up but to what extent is debatable

Yeah, I think he will definitely step up. It may not be a lot, but progress is progress. I am excited to see how he does now that we have more depth and he's more at risk for being replaced.

What if he doesn't make a single interception the whole season but:

• becomes one of the top cover corners in the game
  • has 10 forced fumbles
  • leads all CB's in tackles
  • has 20 pass defenses
  • has 8 sacks
  • has 20 QB hurries

Although important, INT's do not make a CB. They are just one aspect of the game!

I believe Carlos will show much over all improvement this season.:2cents:

:notworthy great post!

He will be the nickle back...unless Springs or Smoot get hurt

Smoot hasn't done nearly enough to earn a starting job.

He played like **** in minnesota.

He'll earn his spot by his play on the field.

G Solo Ast Total Sack YdsL Int Yds IntTD DefTD FFum PD Sfty

16 57 5 62 0.0 0 5 48 0 0 0 14 0

16 50 12 62 0.0 0 4 12 0 0 1 14 0

15 68 12 80 0.0 0 1 0 0 0 1 17 0

Okay guessing game here (thought the int numbers may give this away) ...theses are the stats for second years of some redskins corner backs from Yahoo Sports but who are they ?

I think there will be an open competition for No 1 and 2 CB but I really don't think Smoot will win out because he was poor in run support made the big pick and in 2004 it was only at the request of Harris and Springs he held on to his starting job in his final year here .

I disagree, Carlos and Springs should be the starters with Smoot #3.

I'm with you on the Skins and Bosox!:thumbsup:

This is true. Smoot was brought in to be a solid nickle, not a starter. He's capable of being the #2 guy if needed but Carlos is better suited.

Meh, I'm not too optimistic. I had Carlos over for a game of catch last week. As usual, he turned it into a game of drop. :doh:

Yeah, he was over here a while back and we were going to the store for some beer, so I threw him the keys to my ride and told him to drive and what did he do? He dropped 'em.

He had better start that program with Darrell Green ASAP. :)

35 yes and 4 no's, and SOOOO many people bash the guy on a daily basis? where are these people?

I bash rogers alot but that is only because I feel he has underachieved. He can do better and I have faith he will. But the amount of drops that he had last season was inexcusable.

He has nowhere to go but up as a 9th overall pick. I think he will be better alone do to the supporting cast let him catch some ints he dropped and his reputation will be restored he should be turning into a elite corner right about now and I don't see that happening.

What if he doesn't make a single interception the whole season but:

• becomes one of the top cover corners in the game
  • has 10 forced fumbles
  • leads all CB's in tackles
  • has 20 pass defenses
  • has 8 sacks
  • has 20 QB hurries

Although important, INT's do not make a CB. They are just one aspect of the game!

I believe Carlos will show much over all improvement this season.:2cents:

I know this is hypothetical but :laugh:.

I know this is hypothetical but :laugh:.
The laugh means you missed the point, which was INT's can be over rated when looking at the CB position on a whole!

And why couldn't Carlos accomplish at least some of the items which would put him in Pro Bowl contention!

I guess if he makes 2 int's that will be an improvement. This is his make or break year if the d-line improves and he still drops a bunch of balls that hit him in the hands and still gets torched then hopefully everyone can move on and realize he's just another bust. All he can do is improve he cant do much worse. I think Smoot will beat him for the #2 spot. :dallasuck

Archived