Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many People think Carlos Rogers will show improvement this year?

DirtySkin21

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I Don't know how to make a Poll but I'm curious to see how many fans think Carlos Rogers is going to have a "break-out" season this year or prove that he was a "bust".

I personally think he might improve this year if he's hungry for it. I am skeptical on his hands because I have seen him drop a lot of CRUCIAL passes in crucial poins in the game. For some reason, I think with the CBdepth we have picked up that this will force him to prove himself and to work harder. I don't expect him to have 10 INT in season but I do expect him to catch the ones he does get his hands on.

Let me know what y'all think!

I HOPE he will and I HOPE he has a break out season but he def will be better. I hope he proves me wrong but like I said, I have seen him drop too many balls that a special olympics corner back would catch(no offense to people with mental disabilities, my cousin has down syndrome) but I was saying that becuase it's the truth. My cousin would of caught some of them balls that he dropped. But we'll see.

what if he catches like 8 INT but drops 5? is that considered a break out season?

yes, that is still considered a breakout season because those drops are sill counted as break-ups so if he is creating that much havoc he is DEF breaking out.

With the supporting cast around him, I think he will do a lot better. Carlos went through a sophomore slump but it was his first full season as in his rookie year he was hurt for a large portion of the season.

Carlos, IMO, has 3 flaws. 2 of them can be fixed.

1. He needs to learn how to hold on to the ball. I think he can work on this enough to be able to hold on to a couple more balls.

2. He needs to get in better shape. Carlos seems to tire quickly and really should try to work on his stamina.

3. He does not have great speed. This is something that he unfortunately can't change. If you look at last year, Carlos did well against bigger WRs like TO, Burress, Johnson and Smith(not a big WR but not a speed demon either) but looked really bad against average receivers with great speed(Troy Williamson).

Hopefully he works on his hands and conditioning and gets a few pointers from Green and Sanders, the last two true shutdown corners to play. If he does this, I think he can have a great year, as long as he doesnt have to play the Troy Williamsons of the NFL week in and week out.

What if he doesn't make a single interception the whole season but:

• becomes one of the top cover corners in the game
  • has 10 forced fumbles
  • leads all CB's in tackles
  • has 20 pass defenses
  • has 8 sacks
  • has 20 QB hurries

Although important, INT's do not make a CB. They are just one aspect of the game!

I believe Carlos will show much over all improvement this season.:2cents:

I'm usually an optimistic guy, so my natural response is to say yes, he will improve. He wasn't terrible in the first place, I don't think. If he had caught those dropped interceptions, I don't think people would flame him as much. I don't know, it's kind of an overrated stat when you think about it. All most people look at when analyzing a DB is the number of INTs he has.

I'm usually an optimistic guy, so my natural response is to say yes, he will improve. He wasn't terrible in the first place, I don't think. If he had caught those dropped interceptions, I don't think people would flame him as much. I don't know, it's kind of an overrated stat when you think about it. All most people look at when analyzing a DB is the number of INTs he has.

If he had caught those INTs he would've ended up in the Pro Bowl.

Let's look at the bright spot people. Carlos is the one of the best run support CBs in the game!

I voted yes. I blame last year's Rodgers on a sophomore slump and the team's performance on an all-around season of injuries, player busts, predictable play-calling, old QB, new QB, new offense, etc. It seems like every thing that could go wrong, did. Every team has has years like that and it was our turn. but I think it provided a wake-up call for the players and the coaches. When pride gets stung, people with pride respond.

Break-out? Depends on the definition. Solid enough to prove he should have been a number one pick? I'm expecting it. He's a good corner. This year he'll be better.

Well, he can't get worse. Frankly, I fully expect Smoot to beat him out for the #2 spot.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I think roger will show flashes of greatness and show that he can truly be a shutdown corner. remember in college he was regarded as so.

35 yes and 4 no's, and SOOOO many people bash the guy on a daily basis? where are these people?

that's why I asked this question, because i saw something about Los being the whipping boy,but I like him as a player the only thing is that he needs to concentrate more so he can catch the ball. If he could do that, he would be the full-package. Because he is NOT slow.

Archived