Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many People think Carlos Rogers will show improvement this year?

DirtySkin21

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

that galloway torch wasnt rogers fault whatsoever. williams sent an 8 MAN BLITZ and not ONE redskin got through. first of all, thats pathetic, and i remember that play vividly. im pretty sure rogers was pressed up on galloway just to keep him close, and because the blitz failed, galloway just got behind him. i dont think there was a saftey deep either. that play was an abomination, when you dial up a free for all blitz and it doesnt work, every corner will get burned.
Is hell freezing over or are you defending a cornerback? :silly:

Just out of sheer curiosity ... how do you compare Rogers with Springs? If both players are 100%, who do you feel is a better corner?

So what you're saying is that "No D" can't play man to man, because he lets WRs get behind him and gets torched.

I'm sorry my bad. And I thought Carlos was bad CB, but now I see that he's a great CB probably the best in the league. :doh:

:stupid:

what im saying is that when gregg williams calls a play that is designed to gamble with coverage like he did, and the play fails completely, like it did, any CB is going to get torched. not to mention galloway is a great receiver. when you press up on a top flight receiver, have no saftey help at all, and every other player on your team goes blitzing and fails miserably, the corner WILL get slayed like carlos did. should rogers have gotten toasted? of course not, but its pretty easy to see why he did. no other corner in the league stays with galloway on a straight route like he ran with a failed blitz that huge. williams probably knew the second the blitz failed that rogers would get pwned.

Is hell freezing over or are you defending a cornerback? :silly:

Just out of sheer curiosity ... how do you compare Rogers with Springs? If both players are 100%, who do you feel is a better corner?

haha dude, ive never bashed our secondary other than springs and his overrated-ness and health concerns. its our dline im always complaining about.

but, i would take los over springs. los makes better moves on the ball, hes got more potential for forcing fumbles, hes better in run support, and hes never had health concerns to the extent of springs. 95% of this board will disagree because everyone seems to think springs adds so much to our team. 2 INTs in 2 years, 0 forced fumbles and 0 sacks for our supposed #1 cornerback who cannot stay healthy and is overpaid.

and like ive said before, if los held on to 50% of the INTs that hit in him the chest, threads like this wouldnt exist. carlos fixes his hands, we sing a very different carlos tune (most likely the remix to "walk it out" haha).

I much like yourself am a huge fan of Rogers, and believe that that if he can deflect 16 passes then he was probably in position for about 7 of them of he can catch for of that 7, he has the ability to become a pro bowl cb, if his run stopping continues. But at the same time how can you not take springs over Rogers, funny you chose to mention Springs last 2 seasons numbers only because the year before he had 6 sacks and 5 interceptions. This clearly shows our defense is clicking on all cylinders when shawn is present. Just thought I would add my 2 cents

I much like yourself am a huge fan of Rogers, and believe that that if he can deflect 16 passes then he was probably in position for about 7 of them of he can catch for of that 7, he has the ability to become a pro bowl cb, if his run stopping continues. But at the same time how can you not take springs over Rogers, funny you chose to mention Springs last 2 seasons numbers only because the year before he had 6 sacks and 5 interceptions. This clearly shows our defense is clicking on all cylinders when shawn is present. Just thought I would add my 2 cents

id love to see SS go back to his 04 numbers. but lets be real here, he most likely will not. in 04 springs played like a true #1 corner. he produced, and our defense benefited. in 05 and 06 he definitely didnt play like a #1 and his numbers show it. and please spare me the whole "nUmBeRs aReNt eVeRyThInG". no, theyre not, but turnovers are the most important part of a defense, and springs doesnt help provide them.

imagine if rogers had held on to even 4 of those picks. 5 picks for 2nd year cornerback with the most dreadful pass rush in NFL history? that says something.

Like I said Im a huge fan of Rogers much more so than SS, but until Rogers can prove he can catch a ball or we put super glue on his hands before everyplay I will not consider him better than SS, who has proven he can be a #1 safety on a top 5 D in the league. Rogers definitely has the potential to be a Great cb.

I'm usually an optimistic guy, so my natural response is to say yes, he will improve. He wasn't terrible in the first place, I don't think. If he had caught those dropped interceptions, I don't think people would flame him as much. I don't know, it's kind of an overrated stat when you think about it. All most people look at when analyzing a DB is the number of INTs he has.

I don't see INT's as an overrated stat at all. Yes, I think Rogers will improve as our #3 DB.

Yes, I think Rogers will improve as our #3 DB.
That right there depresses me. We drafted the guy in the 1st round, 9th overall, in front Shawne Merriman, Demarcus Ware and Jammal Brown (all 3 Pro Bowlers picked right after Rogers). And he's our #3 corner? :doh:

Hindsight is 20/20, and on the bright side, we could've ended up with Pac Man Jones if the cards fell differently. But still, if he's our 3rd corner, that's a bust for the 9th overall pick in his third year any way you slice it.

I'd like to see him take the starting spot from Springs by the end of the year. I'd like to see more aggressive playcalling that allows him to bump more and use his athleticism as opposed to reacting and chasing. I'd like to see him play the way he did against New Orleans all year. I'd like to see him take more calculated risks on the ball, knowing he's got Area 51 to bail him out if he's wrong. And I'd like to see him catch a few, maybe take a couple back to the house Ronde Barber style. Most importantly, I want him to believe he's the best corner in the NFL. But at the minimum, he should at least beleive he's the best on the team.

I just watched a video from the 1991 season. The atlanta game. Funny thing, the Skins defense had 20 ints by week 11:doh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EGF9ZRc8Vkg

Listen to how many time the announcer says "Touchdown Washington".

Anyways, I am unsure about Rogers, so I just checked the 'no' box. He is the type of player that needs more support than most true #1 CBs in the NFL. He needs pass rush, run support, and safety help to all be working well in order to play ata high level. A guy like Springs doesn't need much if any help, hence he is a top shelf CB in the NFL. I like Rogers, but based on what I have seen so far I doubt he will ever be a #1 CB in this league. Which is fine, it just means the Skins wasted a top pick on the guy and will need to draft another top flight CB to replace Springs.

This is what a championship team looks like.

That right there depresses me. We drafted the guy in the 1st round, 9th overall, in front Shawne Merriman, Demarcus Ware and Jammal Brown (all 3 Pro Bowlers picked right after Rogers). And he's our #3 corner? :doh:

Hindsight is 20/20, and on the bright side, we could've ended up with Pac Man Jones if the cards fell differently. But still, if he's our 3rd corner, that's a bust for the 9th overall pick in his third year any way you slice it.

I'd like to see him take the starting spot from Springs by the end of the year. I'd like to see more aggressive playcalling that allows him to bump more and use his athleticism as opposed to reacting and chasing. I'd like to see him play the way he did against New Orleans all year. I'd like to see him take more calculated risks on the ball, knowing he's got Area 51 to bail him out if he's wrong. And I'd like to see him catch a few, maybe take a couple back to the house Ronde Barber style. Most importantly, I want him to believe he's the best corner in the NFL. But at the minimum, he should at least beleive he's the best on the team.

He's our number 2 corner buddy. GET IT RIGHT! :D

Archived