Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pats FO vs Skins FO

dent19

Why are they looked upon as having the best off-season in the league?

Why are they said to be a lock for homefeild in AFC Championship game?

Why after all they've done they, still have 2 1st round, and all but a 4th that they traded for of all people Randy Moss?

Why dont we hear how much these guys are getting over paid?

Are they overpaid? or is there a chart they adhere to in signing FA's

Why have they answered all there needs during off-season with FA's and still be in the top 5 teams with the draft.

49er's

Falcons

Browns

Patriots

Broncos

(you pick the order)

All or most of our FA moves have seemed not to be in best intrest of the team.

While some guys have panned out, for the most part the team we traded with did far better in the deal.

Guys we have traded or out right released have went to other teams and thrived ( not all of course) in what ever the new system the went to.

And if these players excelled in other systems, what is it about ours that is so hard or bad?

Why do we constantly overpay guys who really can't do what we expect them to do coming in the door?

Is there something we see in other teams waist that those teams dont see?

Im not too mad at the draft but not exactly ecstatic about it either.

Landry was on my top 2 of who would be there at #6. This a lone will help our pass rush a bit. It wont solve it but every lill bit helps....

The other guys are iffy to me, but im willing to wait and see.

Blades looks like a hard hitter but he will play behind Fletcher and wont see the feild for awhile.

Sartz? don't know much about him and why did we give up picks for to trade up for Rocky when no one was going to pick him before us (maybe).

Palmer I can see because Brunell is going and Bramlet isnt looking too good in Europa.

Collins will be a coach next year (I think).

Did we give up a pick for him???

But was he worth the pick. I dont think he was too high on any boards.

TE and DT were still a few guys out there....

But really at that point we couldve already had most of these guys ready to sign as UFA walk-ons.

Now Look at the Pats picks, All were for needed positions, either for depth, or immediate placement. neither made last years moves look crazy.

Now i think they have way too many receivers, but that just gives them a lil trade options before the start of the season.

They needed DB's and got a few guys that should have been higer picks.

What is it that they do that we obviously dont know how to or not willing to do?

I know alot of the media hype is just that, Hype!

But are they right when you see other teams perfecting what we really started.

No team has ever won the Superbowl in the off season, but they seem to be better at getting what they need to make a good charge at the ring then we have.

The members on this board (I'm also guilty) has been parading after all the big moves we've mad over the last few years as if its a lock for us to do well, and we really haven't really put good teams on the feild.

We seem to have the best coaches assembled with no results.

And because we didnt go crazy this year in Free Agency everyone is mad they have nothing to parade.

WHY DOES OUR FRONT OFFICE SUCK SO BAD??????

1. They aquire lots of picks (2 first rounders this year, and will now have 2 next year)

2. They EVALUATE their players with WAY more accuracy than we do.

3. They get GREAT VALUE for players..a 4th for moss vs a 3rd, 4th and new contract for Lloyd. Both guys have the bad attitude baggage but one is a HOFer

4. They have a stellar QB

5. Bellick is a better D coach than williams

6. They maximize their players strengths and scheme around their strengths and the oppents weakness vs sticking to a broken scheme and forcing players to do things they are not good at.

7. They Build VIA the Draft and only after years of sucess are they toping things off via free agency.

We need a GM. That's the bottom line. Why do Danny and Joe insist on doing this alone? I know they like Vinny, but really, what's the downside to having a GM? It's not like Danny can't pay for one. They want to have the best coaches and players, why not the best talent evaluators?

WHY DOES OUR FRONT OFFICE SUCK SO BAD??????

Why? In my view its simple:

1. Dan Snyder: He makes the final decisions and absolutely has the most influence over our organization. Unfortunately, he has made horrible after horrible decision. The second we overachieve and make the playoffs, its broken with the hopes of SB glory where we overpay for FA who contribute little to absolutely nothing to team. Deion Sanders. Adam Archuletta. T.J. Duckett. The list goes ON...and ON.

2. Win now philosophy: This is due to no.1, obviously, because Snyder is impatient. Instead of building a good team and a good organization that can win consistantly (like the recent Patriots and Colts), we have forfeitted much of our draft this year, and possibly our cap in the next several years. Its like what the Lakers did when they picked up Karl Malone and Gary Payton only to get blasted by the Pistons in the finals. However, football is a much different sport and bringing in 4-5 FA starters doesn't win you a championship....ever. 2 or 3 maybe...but anything more and you have chemistry problems. Our team is the proof. Hopefully, Snyder has learned this lesson and we will keep players and start building a team.

The thing that is striking to me is how NE is always infusing youth into their roster. Even following super Bowl wins. They have a constant churn of young players. Yet Gibbs after a 5-11 season made the comment that he didn't see many ways in the draft to upgrade his roster. We are "SET" apperently because we made it to the NFC championship game in 2005.

I know alot of the media hype is just that, Hype!
The Patriots got very lucky a few years ago with Tom Brady, a sixth round pick that slipped through the cracks. That one move is almost singularly responsible for creating the dynasty.

Along the way, they have made plenty of mistakes. They let their Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch walk, and WR has become a glaring weakness for them. They tried signing David Terrell, Andre' Davis, and Tim Dwight in 2005, which didn't really work out well. Last year, they drafted Chad Jackson and they picked up Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney, who came up short in the playoffs ... This year they have signed Donte' Stallworth and now Randy Moss.

They have had to let go Willie McGinest and Adam Vinatieri and Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law ... They have picked up troublemakers like Corey Dillon and now Randy Moss.

The Patriots aren't really doing things much different from most other NFL teams, but they are hyped because of their recent success.

Now that's not to say that the Redskins are doing everything we right. There is no question that the Redskins devalue the draft more than any other team ... but the Patriots don't really do things that differently from most other teams.

I would say that at one extreme is the Redskins who are crazy about free agency and the other end is maybe the Steelers who do almost everything through the draft. The other teams all fall somewhere in between and the Patriots only get press because they have won Super Bowls recently ...

Redskins fans should know that winning the offseason is nothing to be proud of.

The Patriots aren't really doing things much different from most other NFL teams, but they are hyped because of their recent success.

Funny how that works - they have won three Super Bowls of late, and people think they must be doing something right. Hell, even last year, after all their receiver issues, etc., they were 1 minute away from going back to the Super Bowl again.

this trade for moss is going to backfire on the pats.... I hope I'm wrong but something in me tells me moss will get in trouble with the law before the first game can be played.

Has Moss ever been in trouble with the Law? Why would he suddenly start now?

I know they like Vinny, but really, what's the downside to having a GM?

The downside of having a GM is that in all likelihood, anyone worth hiring would want to own a number of areas that Snyder wants to keep control of, namely final say and negotiating player's contracts. The last time Snyder had a GM (Marty) he was willing to cut bait after an 8-8 season. He's willing to withstand a 6 win and a 5 win season as long as he has control, which doesn't bode well for the prospect of moving in a different direction any time soon. Or ever.

The Patriots got very lucky a few years ago with Tom Brady, a sixth round pick that slipped through the cracks. That one move is almost singularly responsible for creating the dynasty.

Ok all other teams have found some sort of gem in the late rounds. Where are ours? It seems like all once in a lifetime players comes to everyone but us. Is that bad scouting?

Along the way, they have made plenty of mistakes. They let their Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch walk, and WR has become a glaring weakness for them. They tried signing David Terrell, Andre' Davis, and Tim Dwight in 2005, which didn't really work out well. Last year, they drafted Chad Jackson and they picked up Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney, who came up short in the playoffs ... This year they have signed Donte' Stallworth and now Randy Moss.

All that wrong and still just miss the Superbowl. We barely get 6 wins a year.

They have had to let go Willie McGinest and Adam Vinatieri and Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law ... They have picked up troublemakers like Corey Dillon and now Randy Moss.

Corey only helped them will a ring. And i dont think he has ever been a problem til he wanted to get out of Cini and at that time who can blame him?

Randy is Randy and it is what it is. He's no TO but just as good of an up side.

They lost the court brothers and had a WR playing Db and they Went and nearly went this year...LOL

Their winning and thats what their doing differently then at least 'US'.....

The downside of having a GM is that in all likelihood, anyone worth hiring would want to own a number of areas that Snyder wants to keep control of, namely final say and negotiating player's contracts. The last time Snyder had a GM (Marty) he was willing to cut bait after an 8-8 season. He's willing to withstand a 6 win and a 5 win season as long as he has control, which doesn't bode well for the prospect of moving in a different direction any time soon. Or ever.

Well, Snyder's stupid!!!

:(

But seriously, if that's his actual reasoning, it's hard for me to respect him as an owner. Ah well...

Why? In my view its simple:

1. Dan Snyder: He makes the final decisions and absolutely has the most influence over our organization. Unfortunately, he has made horrible after horrible decision. The second we overachieve and make the playoffs, its broken with the hopes of SB glory where we overpay for FA who contribute little to absolutely nothing to team. Deion Sanders. Adam Archuletta. T.J. Duckett. The list goes ON...and ON.

2. Win now philosophy: This is due to no.1, obviously, because Snyder is impatient. Instead of building a good team and a good organization that can win consistantly (like the recent Patriots and Colts), we have forfeitted much of our draft this year, and possibly our cap in the next several years. Its like what the Lakers did when they picked up Karl Malone and Gary Payton only to get blasted by the Pistons in the finals. However, football is a much different sport and bringing in 4-5 FA starters doesn't win you a championship....ever. 2 or 3 maybe...but anything more and you have chemistry problems. Our team is the proof. Hopefully, Snyder has learned this lesson and we will keep players and start building a team.

I completely agree. Everytime this team has achieved some success, it's super bowl or bust. With them it's about win now never about building something. That's the difference between the Skins and the Patriots.

Now that's not to say that the Redskins are doing everything we right. There is no question that the Redskins devalue the draft more than any other team ... but the Patriots don't really do things that differently from most other teams.

I would say that at one extreme is the Redskins who are crazy about free agency and the other end is maybe the Steelers who do almost everything through the draft. The other teams all fall somewhere in between and the Patriots only get press because they have won Super Bowls recently ...

Redskins fans should know that winning the offseason is nothing to be proud of.

Nice to see someone else that views the NE "dynasty" the same way. I've been beating the "Tom Brady is what sets NE apart" drum all off season, and been rewarded pretty much entirely with airborne tomatoes from the "NE's FO is Genius Personified" crowd.

Thanks.

Funny how that works - they have won three Super Bowls of late, and people think they must be doing something right. Hell, even last year, after all their receiver issues, etc., they were 1 minute away from going back to the Super Bowl again.

See what I mean? :)

Just remember that we are one year removed from being a two wins away from the Super Bowl. Don't focus on negative things when we have alot of positives as well, such as having a really young QB, great O line, Great RB Tandem, Solid Receivers, Good Tight End, Good LBs, Really Good Secondary, Good Dtackles, one good end, and then daniels who isnt that great.

Think about this, in 04 and 05 we had good secondaries so we rushed the passer alot and had top 10 D's... look at the DL those years, either the same as now or worse... this past year Clark left, Springs and Rogers were injured so Gregg Williams didnt have faith in our coverage enough to blitz, thats why the D sucked. We blitzed like crazy in 04 and 05 because of good secondaries, and then in 06 injuries and Archuleta held us back, now we have good starting corners in Springs and probably Smoot over Rogers, and then Rogers is there for depth, Taylor and Landry....

Look forward to blitzing like crazy again because we have a good, healthy secondary so we will be back as a top 10 D.

And all the problems you named happen to every team so our FO really isnt that bad.

Archived