Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question ... Even though I may look like a total loser doing this. I don't care.

Sweet Sassy Molassy

I'm just messing with you man. However, I do have a problem with you using dial-up, what's that about? Am I going to have to start a fundraiser for you to get upgraded internet service?

3 Votes for GB, huh? Good stuff.

Gordon Biersch is a chain though...something you can get in a lot of different cities. I think its nice to go somewhere that is unique. Also, GB tastes a lot like any of the other similar restaurants (Rockbottom, etc.). But they do have good beer too.

You MUST hit Tony Cheng's Mongolian BBQ! That place is one of the best restaurants in town and is located on nearby H Street. It's a buffet where you pick the ingredients and the chef cooks it in front of you.

I don't know about that. That place is like pot-luck a lot of times. If he puts too much seasoning in his mix or if the cooks are a little off that day, he and his date could spend the rest of the date with indigestion. I would say that if you and your date were into Sushi or japanese food, that would be the route to go. You really can't go wrong with sushi in this area.

hmmm where in dc do all the losers go, let me see here ;)

There are a lot of nice places around Verizon Center and the Spy Musuem so you can't go wrong. Depending on what food you like there is an asian-latin fusion place right near Clydes which is great.

You could also just take her to fedex and give her the good old leg drop :laugh: :laugh:

GB is a nice place ... it's 100% better than the Ruby Tuesday's across from Verizon Center and there's a different crowd in GB. It's a little classier, a little nicer and as everyone else has mentioned - they have good beer.

This is a nice place that won't break the bank, but you can't get a $5 meal either. So you can either break the bank and take her to some shi-shi-foo-foo restaurant not knowing if you'll ever see her again ... or you can go with a restaurant that is good that won't break the bank ... and still possibly never see her again.

Save the shi-shi-foo-foo for a later date when you want to make an impression ... and when you're ready/hoping/planning on getting booty.

Oh ... and if you guys aren't really that hungry ... you can always go to Rosa Mexicano. They hand make their guacamole based on your taste (mild, medium, spicy, extra spicy) and it's 100% addictive. They also have killer pomengranate margaritas that most ladies seem to enjoy ....

The only thing with Rosa Mexicano is that it's pricey. Very pricey. Chips and Guac with a few margaritas can easily cost you $80. Been there and done that. :doh:

Some of you have no sense of location. haha.

Go to the Daily Grill. Its about a half block from the Improv.

Address: 1200 18th Street NW, Phone: (202) 822-5282

Great variety of food, good service, and nice but not stuffy.

I typically sit at the bar because my wife and I like to people watch. But also because you can get the full menu and faster drink service.

http://www.dailygrill.com/

Have fun, Improv is one of my favorite date suggestions for people.

Jaleo is good. If you are looking for not stuffy, try Fado's. Half a block down Verizon. Its your classic irish joint and the food is pretty darn good. Guiness flows freely.

You're irish right SSM? :silly:

Who are you seeing at the improv?

:laugh: I'm part Irish ... considering my affinity for Irish Whisky, I have to be.

Greg Giraldo is playing at the Improv.

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought "go to the improv". I went on New Years eve 2005-2006. Christian Finnegan was the headliner and was quite funny. We went to Ruby Tuesdays before hand because I wanted some boneless buffalo wings :silly: , so we didn't eat at the improv.

I'm thinking of going back soon, I think Charlie Murphy is going to be there sometime in the near future, I'd be interested to see his act.

I'm going on a date on Sunday, we're going to do some stuff in D.C. and I need some suggestions on good places to eat in the area. I would like something that's got a nice atmosphere, but not too stuffy. Any suggestions?

Also, just to give you an idea of what area we'll be in. We'll probably go to the Spy Museum, and from there hit up the DC Improv. So that's where we'll be. Would like to stay in the general vicinity.

I was just in DC and ate at a great place called 'Ten Penh' - its a 'pan-asian' place - food was INCREDIBLE. Relatively casual setting, great service - I'd highly recommend it.

I was just in DC and ate at a great place called 'Ten Penh' - its a 'pan-asian' place - food was INCREDIBLE. Relatively casual setting, great service - I'd highly recommend it.
I am a big fan of Ten Penh, but it's kind of in between the Spy Museum and the Improv - a short cab ride from each, but a decent walk.

The first thing that came to my mind was Jaleo near the Spy Museum ... I also like Cafe Atlantico there.

There's really a huge number of choices both around the Spy Museum and around the Daily Improv - it's hard to go wrong with anything that people have said in this thread.

...except Chuck E. Cheese's - not because it isn't a great place for a date, but because there isn't one in DC as far as I know. :silly:

make sure u have a lot to talk about if u go tot he spy museum.. b/c its' VERY boring. and i love spy stuff =)

Yeah man. I love learning and things. But that place was horribly boring. I would rather be at work. I was very disappointed.

Melting Pot as someone mentioned is awesome, especially with a date.

The Prime Rib or Morton's for steak is really good. Saw the owner of the Lakers in there. (Mr.Buss?). He got to come in with jeans on. But unless your famous you will have to dress nice.

I work a block away from the Spy Museum. My recommendations (in no particular order):

- Fogo De Chao, AWESOME MEAT!!

- Kanlaya Thai Restaurant on Sixth St in Chinatown

- Cafe Asia, up off of the Faragut North Metro Stop

- De'Aqua is on 9th and Penn, I've been meaning to try it.

Sas, let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Archived