Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question ... Even though I may look like a total loser doing this. I don't care.

Sweet Sassy Molassy

I'm going on a date on Sunday, we're going to do some stuff in D.C. and I need some suggestions on good places to eat in the area. I would like something that's got a nice atmosphere, but not too stuffy. Any suggestions?

Also, just to give you an idea of what area we'll be in. We'll probably go to the Spy Museum, and from there hit up the DC Improv. So that's where we'll be. Would like to stay in the general vicinity.

Why would that make you look like a loser? I've lived in Richmond for almost 5 years and I still ask my buddies for good date spots.

The losers are the ones that sit on here at 10:30 at night and profess their love for Flushable Moist Wipes.... who ever that loser is.

If I remember correctly there's a Melting Pot in that general area. Fondue can be kind of fun. The chocolate liquer stuff can be really nice. How fast or slow a meal do you want? Is this a leisurely sit down and eat or get in enjoy a nice meal and make sure you get out in time for the show? Are you going to the early 8 or later show at the Improv? (You can also order entrees at the Improv they're around the TGIF quality of food.

If I remember correctly there's a Melting Pot in that general area. Fondue can be kind of fun. The chocolate liquer stuff can be really nice. How fast or slow a meal do you want? Is this a leisurely sit down and eat or get in enjoy a nice meal and make sure you get out in time for the show? Are you going to the early 8 or later show at the Improv? (You can also order entrees at the Improv they're around the TGIF quality of food.

Well the improv starts at 8. We'll probably have a 2 hour window. I mean, I would be cool with just grabbing some drinks and something small even, and then getting real food while we're at the improv.

Well the improv starts at 8. We'll probably have a 2 hour window. I mean, I would be cool with just grabbing some drinks and something small even, and then getting real food while we're at the improv.

The food at the improv SUCKS. Its pre-cooked and then microwaved when you order it. Terrible.

I would go to RFD - its near the Verizon Center and has great food, and great beer.

You MUST hit Tony Cheng's Mongolian BBQ! That place is one of the best restaurants in town and is located on nearby H Street. It's a buffet where you pick the ingredients and the chef cooks it in front of you. If that's not your thing, there's a seafood restaurant upstairs. You'll love it!

If you are hitting the Spy Museum, Capital BBQ is right there, and it has some really good BBQ, along with lots of notes on the wall to read. It is located next to Subway in front of ChinaTown's elaborate entrance. Prices are decent too.

The food at the improv SUCKS. Its pre-cooked and then microwaved when you order it. Terrible.

I would go to RFD - its near the Verizon Center and has great food, and great beer.

I wonder if I just got lucky then. Thought the food was okay. When was the last time you went (I think it's been about a year for me)

Stripclub... but make it a classy one.

Obviously I am not from DC, but I find most of the times local people don't take time to check out the sites of thier own city. So one suggestion is to play tourist. Walk around the monuments and what not, this also give plenty of time to talk and all.

Or take her out to FedEx field... always a great spot.

I thought it was Rum that makes SSM's clothes fall off. :laugh:

If you are near the Verizon Center, you can check out Gordon Biersch.

http://www.gordonbiersch.com/

They have some really good beer there and the food is not bad either.

Apparently someone didn't read 5 posts above. How about being original! :silly:

Thanks, 2 votes of confidence for GB. Good info.

Apparently someone didn't read 5 posts above. How about being original! :silly:

Thanks, 2 votes of confidence for GB. Good info.

Sorry.

I have slooooow dial-up and it takes a while for me to post.

When I first read this, Candace had not posted it yet, but I will say she has good taste.

Sorry.

I have slooooow dial-up and it takes a while for me to post.

When I first read this, Candace had not posted it yet, but I will say she has good taste.

I'm just messing with you man. However, I do have a problem with you using dial-up, what's that about? Am I going to have to start a fundraiser for you to get upgraded internet service?

3 Votes for GB, huh? Good stuff.

Archived