Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imus out at MSNBC (mod edit--reply to CBS firing in Merged thread)

skinsfan07

I am not tolerant of what Imus said. Its was out of bounds.

I understand the definition.

So if Al Sharpton called the softball team let's say your sister was on (if you had a sister) or a daugther was on a team of "bue-eyed blonde sluts", would you you be outraged or not and call for his behind to get fired?

If anyone has read Stern's book Private Parts there are some really funny stories about Don Imus back when they worked together at WNBC in the 1980s.

Apparantly Imus is a real *******. One of Stern's stories was that Imus used to walk around the studio yelling "I'm the number one, on the number one, in the number one" at the top of his lungs... repeatedly. (#1 show on #1 network in largest city)

Anyways, Imus claims that back then he was hopped up on coke and other drugs, and says he's changed. But I hear a lot of other people claim he's still a really big *******, and he treats the little people like ****.

The whole thing reaks of karma if you ask me. :)

If anyone has read Stern's book Private Parts there are some really funny stories about Don Imus back when they worked together at WNBC in the 1980s.

Apparantly Imus is a real *******. One of Stern's stories was that Imus used to walk around the studio yelling "I'm the number one, on the number one, in the number one" at the top of his lungs... repeatedly. (#1 show on #1 network in largest city)

Anyways, Imus claims that back then he was hopped up on coke and other drugs, and says he's changed. But I hear a lot of other people claim he's still a really big *******, and he treats the little people like ****.

The whole thing reaks of karma if you ask me. :)

What goes around comes around Imus! **** you! :D

So if Al Sharpton called the softball team let's say your sister was on (if you had a sister) or a daugther was on a team of "bue-eyed blonde sluts", would you you be outraged or not and call for his behind to get fired?

What if Al Sharpton perpetuated a lie that a teenage girl made up about a few white cops in NYC and called for race riots and attacks on the police while barricading himself in a church with the 'victim'?

Should he be fired for that?

He actually got people seriously hurt and ruined the reputations of 3 innocent men. Unfortunately, the Tawana Brawley incident is what made him a civil rights "leader". Nevermind that none of it was true. He created the outrage, and then rode it to prominence.

Al Sharpton really is the worst representative of justice and fairness anyone could think of. The man is a charlatan and he uses and exploits the feelings of his people for personal gain. The worst kind of snake.

And.. for the record, "Imus" is a shortened version of "I Must Have Blown A Lot Of People To Stay On the Air This Long."

~Bang

What if Al Sharpton perpetuated a lie that a teenage girl made up about a few white cops in NYC and called for race riots and attacks on the police while barricading himself in a church with the 'victim'?

Should he be fired for that?

He actually got people seriously hurt and ruined the reputations of 3 innocent men. Unfortunately, the Tawana Brawley incident is what made him a civil rights "leader". Nevermind that none of it was true. He created the outrage, and then rode it to prominence.

Al Sharpton really is the worst representative of justice and fairness anyone could think of. The man is a charlatan and he uses and exploits the feelings of his people for personal gain. The worst kind of snake.

I think something that needs to be noted, however, is that Al Sharpton is small-time compared with Imus.

Maybe we all know Sharpton better because he decided to run for President and get 1-2% in the polls, but if we want to compare them as radio personalities, Sharpton is completely insignificant next to Imus. Sharpton is only on the air on stations targeted exclusively to the black community, and real politicians don't come on his show. Imus has a long list of prominent guests, and his last contract renewal was for $10 million.

It really isn't fair to compare Imus with Sharpton. After all this drama, Imus will probably still be able to draw at least as much of an audience as Sharpton. The truth is that Sharpton didn't get away with Tawana Brawley. Mainstream America does not take Al Sharpton seriously, and he is a "leader" only because he is shouting all the time.

Maybe Sharpton gets too much coverage in the media, but partly it's because that's what he's good at - he's loud and sensationalist and knows how to grab headlines. He may have achieved more name recognition, but he never achieved the level of success that Imus had, in money and influence. "Firing" Imus would be kicking him to the fringe ... Al Sharpton is already there.

I think something that needs to be noted, however, is that Al Sharpton is small-time compared with Imus.

Maybe we all know Sharpton better because he decided to run for President and get 1-2% in the polls, but if we want to compare them as radio personalities, Sharpton is completely insignificant next to Imus. Sharpton is only on the air on stations targeted exclusively to the black community, and real politicians don't come on his show. Imus has a long list of prominent guests, and his last contract renewal was for $10 million.

It really isn't fair to compare Imus with Sharpton. After all this drama, Imus will probably still be able to draw at least as much of an audience as Sharpton. The truth is that Sharpton didn't get away with Tawana Brawley. Mainstream America does not take Al Sharpton seriously, and he is a "leader" only because he is shouting all the time.

Maybe Sharpton gets too much coverage in the media, but partly it's because that's what he's good at - he's loud and sensationalist and knows how to grab headlines. He may have achieved more name recognition, but he never achieved the level of success that Imus had, in money and influence. "Firing" Imus would be kicking him to the fringe ... Al Sharpton is already there.

Not really a comparison,,, just pointing out who he really is.

I really don't like Al Sharpton. I think he's the worst kind of sleaze, as I said, he exploits the pain of his own folk for his own gain. He's a liar who built his reputation on false pretense.

And Imus is no better, perhaps even worse. If you really want to get disgusted with the man, check out his "cancer ranch"... a nice tax write-off vacation home that he insists is a haven for children with cancer, but really is only there for his own pleasure.

Disgusting pair, really... the two of them in one room sounds like a great use for a hand grenade to me.

~Bang

I really don't like Al Sharpton. I think he's the worst kind of sleaze, as I said, he exploits the pain of his own folk for his own gain. He's a liar who built his reputation on false pretense.

And Imus is no better, perhaps even worse. If you really want to get disgusted with the man, check out his "cancer ranch"... a nice tax write-off vacation home that he insists is a haven for children with cancer, but really is only there for his own pleasure.

Disgusting pair, really... the two of them in one room sounds like a great use for a hand grenade to me.

~Bang

I concur, but Al will probably sleaze his way out of the room, by calling the grenade a racist for landing close to him and not the white guy in the room :laugh:

~Bang

Put Jesse Jackson in that room too, please.

I concur, but Al will probably sleaze his way out of the room, by calling the grenade a racist for landing close to him and not the white guy in the room :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

good one.

And naw, i won't put Jesse in that room. Jesse paid his dues in the real struggle, not some made up crap like Sharpton. I may not agree with Jesse in some of the things he does, but he has actually stood for principles. I can definitely respect that.

~Bang

:laugh: :laugh:

good one.

And naw, i won't put Jesse in that room. Jesse paid his dues in the real struggle, not some made up crap like Sharpton. I may not agree with Jesse in some of the things he does, but he has actually stood for principles. I can definitely respect that.

~Bang

That's true, he did pay his dues...yet him and Sharpton are almost one in the same...

Thats the same ol'

"My best friend is black, I am not racist"

Negative also on the fact that my wife is my family and not any friend I pay lip service to, or some other crap like that. If i hated white people i wouldn't be marrying a white person now would I smart guy.

I think its great that he was fired and it was obvious that he deserved it. But through out this Sharpton has been attacking Imus for his comments etc which I understand. But because of all of that by him I am waiting for him to apologize for all the horrible things he said about the lacross players in the case that was just dropped. But of course we know he wont.

Negative also on the fact that my wife is my family and not any friend I pay lip service to, or some other crap like that. If i hated white people i wouldn't be marrying a white person now would I smart guy.

eh, i know many guys that don't really like their wives a whole lot. :laugh:

Archived