Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imus out at MSNBC (mod edit--reply to CBS firing in Merged thread)

skinsfan07

Down goes a dumbass.

Nobody should feel sorry for him.

He'll get picked up by somebody else. Maybe XM or Sirius in a year or two. Opie and Anthony came back. Greaseman has a show somewhere. Don and Mike, Howard Stern, etc. All get in trouble for being jerks and idiots....and they some back.

Good Riddance. O'Reilly, you're next.

Just reported by Tucker on MSNBC!

*UPDATE*

CBS fired Don Imus today (4/12/07)

I think that Imus" comments are not excusable and I think that the decision to fire him is extreme.

I am an african american and I detect a "double standard" regarding his dismissal.

The "black community" has to be held accountable" for their portrayal of black females and the conotations that they have affixed. Listening to "black rap video/audio" presentations, one is often confronted with similiar words and descriptions of females with ethnic origins. We are our own "worst enemy" and until this area is addressed, the in-sensitivity will continue. We have to clean up our house before we can pass judgement.

As a teen growing up I often heard these comments however, I was not impowered to instill any changes regardless of the embarassement that I incured. The comments and descriptions given to women of color is not only deplorable, degrading and abusive, it's absolutely unacceptable and the medias that allow this assault on women should be sanctioned severely and sponsors of a program should abstain from their aegis and also any person, outlet,promoter,adversary or any other that fall within the "scope" of this admonition should "suffer" the same punishment levels that were imposed on Mr. Imus.

It's unfortunate that we are still being assailed with this type of a "moral" topic in 2007.

All areas of our society need to "look at their beliefs" and take appropriate action that is needed to "curtail" this kind of behavior and insure that it will "NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN" !!:mad:

The inuendos may be "labeling your mother, sister,aunt or wife" as being a "NAPPY HEADED HO" ! , Would this disturb you ? :mad:

cracker doesn't even have the same effect as the word "n-word". I mean cracker? Who cares.

we have 300 years of history behind the word "n-word".

Cracker was just some random word. Wow you're a cracker! Real hurtful.... :rolleyes:

Are u f'in crazy Its very offensive to some people...So then because the "n" word isnt offensive to every black person then it should be ok to use.

I personally am offended by your use of that word just as you would be if i called you the "n" word.

Dont judge what is offensive to those of another race b/c you have no idea how it would affect them. again if you think its ok to use that word then you can't argue about white people who use that word nor should u be offended.

And in regards to your 300 years of history behind the word. So what. what does that have to do with it. Every culture has at some point been victimized.

the fact your 17 shows you have growin up to do.

cracker doesn't even have the same effect as the word "n-word". I mean cracker? Who cares.

we have 300 years of history behind the word "n-word".

Cracker was just some random word. Wow you're a cracker! Real hurtful.... :rolleyes:

"Nlgger" doesn't hurt my feelings, so why should I be sensitive to how you feel about it? Who cares how you feel about it.

Basically that is what your attitude says to me about how you think.

Wise up.

~Bang

People need to realize that it's not about black and white. It's about rich and poor. Poor white people have more in common with poor black people then they do with rich white people and vice versa. Until people can grasp that there is alway going to be racism. Race, and other differences, have been used since the beginning of time to keep the people at the bottom divided against each other. Instead of talking about how we can get health care for EVERYONE or how we can fix the education system or how or justice system systematically ****s on the poor, etc. Those are the types of things we need to be discussing with each other. Not whether or not the word cracker is offensive or whether Don freaking Imus should be fired.

I know it's a pinko commie rant but that's how I see it.

"Nlgger" doesn't hurt my feelings, so why should I be sensitive to how you feel about it? Who cares how you feel about it.

Basically that is what your attitude says to me about how you think.

Wise up.

~Bang

If you are black, then you can't tell me that it doesn't or wouldn't hurt your feelings say if someone walked up to you and called you a "n-word". It is offensive a whole lot mainly b/c of the history it has behind it.

I'd like to know what history "cracker" has behind it? I don't even know who came up with that word. It's stupid to me,and I don't see any point in using it.

Yea but if white comedian uses the "N" word JJ and Fat Al will be protesting the next day but if a black comedian says "cracker" then no outrage. Thats fair.

Uhmm, whuite comedians have used the n word in a joke and people have laughed at it. Calling some innocent girls nappy headed ho doesn't make this **** right, get it through ya head buddy. That is what is being discussed here.

People need to realize that it's not about black and white. It's about rich and poor. Poor white people have more in common with poor black people then they do with rich white people and vice versa. Until people can grasp that there is alway going to be racism. Race, and other differences, have been used since the beginning of time to keep the people at the bottom divided against each other. Instead of talking about how we can get health care for EVERYONE or how we can fix the education system or how or justice system systematically ****s on the poor, etc. Those are the types of things we need to be discussing with each other. Not whether or not the word cracker is offensive or whether Don freaking Imus should be fired.

Not only that, but the other side is, Imus and Sharpton have really no bearing on our lives. What they say and do have absolutely nothing to do with you or me or anyone else.

WE as individuals can choose to be accepting of one another. WE as individuals have the power over racism in our own lives. If folks would worry more about how they interact with their fellow human beings, a lot of these problems can clear up. And it won't matter one lick what any of these things anyone else has to say, or sing, or rant about or anything.

It's a personal decision. And if you are a decent person who cares for your neighbors, the decision is a no-brainer.

~Bang

Uhmm, whuite comedians have used the n word in a joke and people have laughed at it. Calling some innocent girls nappy headed ho doesn't make this **** right, get it through ya head buddy. That is what is being discussed here.

Just like Kramer's racist ass. What he said IMO was 10 times worse than what Imus said.

If you are black, then you can't tell me that it doesn't or wouldn't hurt your feelings say if someone walked up to you and called you a "n-word". It is offensive a whole lot mainly b/c of the history it has behind it.

I'd like to know what history "cracker" has behind it? I don't even know who came up with that word. It's stupid to me,and I don't see any point in using it.

The kid has got a point, but at the same time skinfan don't even call anybody a cracker or some crap like that bcos it does tend to define a race and also would give ammunition to others who would then think it's ok to call a black man a ******.

It doesn't MATTER.

If it is offensive, it is offensive if it was invented YESTERDAY.

A slur is a slur.

By minimalizing one slur, you open the door for intolerance, and if we're to be as expected, that just can't be.

Besides. You want to talk about historical treatment, I'm Jewish. Don't get me started. I have family who died in gas chambers. I have family who were slaughtered by cossacks. My family arrived on these shores literally running for their lives.

We ALL have history.

And get this. History has NOTHING to do with you or me. The choice is up to us as to how to behave within our own lives. If you CHOOSE to use those words it's on you, not on any history.

~Bang

And when Dr.King suggested having a poor peoples march....Well, we know how that turned out. ;)

It doesn't MATTER.

If it is offensive, it is offensive if it was invented YESTERDAY.

A slur is a slur.

By minimalizing one slur, you open the door for intolerance, and if we're to be as expected, that just can't be.

Besides. You want to talk about historical treatment, I'm Jewish. Don't get me started. I have family who died in gas chambers. I have family who were slaughtered by cossacks. My family arrived on these shores literally running for their lives.

We ALL have history.

And get this. History has NOTHING to do with you or me. The choice is up to us as to how to behave within our own lives. If you CHOOSE to use those words it's on you, not on any history.

~Bang

Dang Bang, you are on a roll and I agree with ya again.Finally some one who understands. I never will call a white person a "cracker" and will spank my kids if they do. Very wrong to begin with.

Sharpton is in idiot but imus is the master mind of idiots .. Lets be honest there both racists...... its just selective hearing Im a minority and I will say I can get away wiht making fun of race all day long and its okay But white people can not...... "our society and its stupidity let people like Imus and Sharpton rise meanwhile soliders die everyday in double digits!"

Sharpton is in idiot but imus is the master mind of idiots .. Lets be honest there both racists...... its just selective hearing Im a minority and I will say I can get away wiht making fun of race all day long and its okay But white people can not...... "our society and its stupidity let people like Imus and Sharpton rise meanwhile soliders die everyday in double digits!"

Nice sig, bet you wish you had mine, don't ya :silly:

He knew he was in trouble right away. Imus is an idiot, and has been getting away with too much for too long, it seems people just had enough of him :cheers::cheers:

I will say I have lost respect Obama for even commenting on this. Buff I told you McCain would never go back on his show. I think he knew before he said that Imus wouldn't last.

Why do u keep referin to white comedians in your defense when the issue here is a washed up drunk, druged out shock jock sayin some stupid comments. I was simply respondin to an off the topic poist. I agree with his firing but is it really goin to solve anything. Thats the problem

BTW, Bang good post.

Archived