Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imus out at MSNBC (mod edit--reply to CBS firing in Merged thread)

skinsfan07

Why the hate towards 'millionaires' btw? Its misplaced in my opinion - fair is fair and right is right regardless of how much money one makes. It shouldn't enter into the equation.
This doesn't apply to say Bill Gates or Dan Snyder or people whose fortunes are built not so much on their own personalities, but I think it does matter why Pacman Jones and Don Imus are millionaires. They are given big contracts because they are high risk/high reward investments - their employers can make a lot of money off of them if they do well but they are worth nothing if their image falls apart.

Corporate America, from the NFL to MSNBC, is about making money ... they didn't hire Don Imus or Pacman Jones millions of dollars because it was "the right thing to do" so I don't really see why they should fire them only because "it's the right thing to do.

:doh: I don't know you but you are not to bright and not a racist since I don't know you. So let's keep it there ok, buddy.

not sure where i'd get that from....

Racists are every where friend. White, Black, Asian, Hispanic.....It's just more prevelant in the white society towards the black more than any other race towards the other. So there you go "only white can be racists" is not true, but "most whites are racists consciously or subconsciously" is true.

But ,ehh what do I know, I only got 300 years of history backing me up on this. There are genuinely a small minority of white people who actually aren't racists.

i don't know you. i think you're a racist.

You got this out of my question to Killerbo?

Talk about reaching.

For the record, the topic of 'only whites can be racist' has been discussed here ad-nauseum. I think it's bull, and so I asked.

Nice rant tho.

~Bang

You asked a question and i responded. I did not read every thread. I do not post on here everyday.

The stupid double standard nonsense is just put out there to confuse the situation.

Blacks working on real radio and TV stations are just usually smart about what they say. They never make fun of white people since a white person is usually their boss.

When that black actor in that Greys Anatomy called the white guy a F the media made a big deal about it. Anytime someone is racist or discrminates against somebody in public a big deal is always made about it.

There is no double standad.

In the end till all the races mix out and it gets very hard to differentiate btw races, RACISM will always exist (contrary to the popular belief that RACISM is dead) and will always be predominantly from whites towards other races because well for one they are the majority in this country and control nearly every position of power. Old money (made of the sweat of slaves and immigrants) and not to name a few other reason.

not sure where i'd get that from....

You are reaching here my friend and seem to be lacking in the common sense department. Me saying that most whites are racists doesn't make me a racists. Comprehend my friend, grab a dictionary and find the definition of racism then come back and play. :doh:

This doesn't apply to say Bill Gates or Dan Snyder or people whose fortunes are built not so much on their own personalities, but I think it does matter why Pacman Jones and Don Imus are millionaires. They are given big contracts because they are high risk/high reward investments - their employers can make a lot of money off of them if they do well but they are worth nothing if their image falls apart.

Corporate America, from the NFL to MSNBC, is about making money ... they didn't hire Don Imus or Pacman Jones millions of dollars because it was "the right thing to do" so I don't really see why they should fire them only because "it's the right thing to do.

I get the distinction. I don't think we disagree - I'm saying they should be honest about why they're firing him - I'd have more respect for that approach, vs. what they imply (that they are 'shocked and dismayed' Imus could say such things!).

Bottom line - you can't throw something like that out there in a public position and expect not to be held accountable.

Where people go wildly off the deep-end is in believing this is an 'ahah!' moment, that Don Imus rant somehow provides a peek into the white man's soul. Give me a break - I'm not sure he represents anyone, unless theres a millionaire butt-ugly wannabe cowboy intellectual constituency/subculture I've been unaware of all these years :laugh:

You are reaching here my friend and seem to be lacking in the common sense department. Me saying that most whites are racists doesn't make me a racists. Comprehend my friend, grab a dictionary and find the definition of racism then come back and play. :doh:

we can play semantics all day. call it what you will. you seem to be what you hate.

In the end till all the races mix out and it gets very hard to differentiate btw races, RACISM will always exist (contrary to the popular belief that RACISM is dead) and will always be predominantly from whites towards other races because well for one they are the majority in this country and control nearly every position of power. Old money (made of the sweat of slaves and immigrants) and not to name a few other reason.

Pack your bags everybody - we're going on a guilt trip!

I get the distinction. I don't think we disagree - I'm saying they should be honest about why they're firing him - I'd have more respect for that approach, vs. what they imply (that they are 'shocked and dismayed' Imus could say such things!).

Bottom line - you can't throw something like that out there in a public position and expect not to be held accountable.

Where people go wildly off the deep-end is in believing this is an 'ahah!' moment, that Don Imus rant somehow provides a peek into the white man's soul. Give me a break - I'm not sure he represents anyone, unless theres a millionaire butt-ugly wannabe cowboy intellectual constituency/subculture I've been unaware of all these years :laugh:

Well he does have millions of listeners and they don't seem to mind the crap he said about those girls. This isn't and Ah-ha moment but a symptom of the underlying racism undertow that still exists in this country.

we can play semantics all day. call it what you will. you seem to be what you hate.

Dude, my wife is WHITE, how the heck will I be a racist and marry a white woman( I don't even see her that way, but what the heck I will call it like this for now). So can it buddy, you ain't spinning this one there are still WHITE RACISTS wherever you go....nothing you say is gonna change that.

It shows who the real racist are. A lot of people in the media. They keep saying the black culture is rap.

The black culture is not rap. I know many black people who hate rap.

And rap is just entertainment. So are itilians all in the mafia because of the sopranos and good fellas?

Are white people all drug attack head bangers because of rock n roll.

Is hip hop the only music all blacks listen too? LOL. I see just as many whites with hip hop on their IPOD.

It is just music.

So many racist out there.

:applause::applause::applause: Well said.

Well he does have millions of listeners and they don't seem to mind the crap he said about those girls. This isn't and Ah-ha moment but a symptom of the underlying racism undertow that still exists in this country.

What a crock of ****. You have no idea what his 'millions of listeners' think - you're just conjecturing without anything to back it up. I suspect the above statement fits what you want to believe. If so, I feel sorry for you. You look hard enough for something, you're bound to find it, even when its not really there.

I really don't see the above line of thinking as being that different from racism - as you're attributing like negative qualities to people you don't know based on a personal belief.

You do realize that's exactly what happenned, right?

But the pressure on NBC clearly was building after seven major advertisers said that they would no longer place ads on "Imus in the Morning." Today, American Express Co., Sprint Nextel and General Motors Corp. said they would drop their ads. Yesterday, Staples Inc., Bigelow Tea and Procter & Gamble announced similar moves.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/11/AR2007041101767.html?hpid=topnews

No I don't, because he hasn't been fired. If he does get fired, I want it to be because people don't want to hear such things, not because people want to prevent him from saying them.

Dude, my wife is WHITE, how the heck will I be a racist and marry a white woman( I don't even see her that way, but what the heck I will call it like this for now). So can it buddy, you ain't spinning this one there are still WHITE RACISTS wherever you go....nothing you say is gonna change that.

There is also bitter mad black racists wherever you go..... nothing you say is gonna change that.

The more you feed into it and dwell on it the more it will affect you. Before anybody is a black man or a white man they are a man and have a complex about somthing.

am i trying to deny that?

please show me where i attempted to deny that racism isn't alive and well.

i just wonder if you understand the fact that there are BLACK RACISTS (i can yell too), and every kind of racist, everywhere you go.

based on shear numbers, sure there are more white racists. percentages, i'm not so sure.

Thats the same ol'

"My best friend is black, I am not racist"

What a crock of ****. You have no idea what his 'millions of listeners' think - you're just conjecturing without anything to back it up. I suspect the above statement fits what you want to believe. If so, I feel sorry for you. You look hard enough for something, you're bound to find it, even when its not really there.

I really don't see the above line of thinking as being that different from racism - as you're attributing like negative qualities to people you don't know based on a personal belief.

Doesn't change the fact he has an audience and a percentage of that audience who probably didn't mind and agree with him calling those black girls" nappy headed hos" for no freaking reason except tha tthey were black. So there you have it Tarhog, you don't get it and I don't think you ever unless you put on a black skin suit and just see how things are different on the other side buddy.

am i trying to deny that?

please show me where i attempted to deny that racism is dead?

i just wonder if you understand the fact that there are BLACK RACISTS (i can yell too), and every kind of racist, everywhere you go.

based on shear numbers, sure there are more white racists. percentages, i'm not so sure.

? You say based on shear numbers there are more which is of course correct, but based on %, not so sure? How does that make sense? Wouldn't a higher number lead to a higher percentage?

Seems like a bunch of BS to me. I never listend to the guy, I do agree with what he said was wrong, and I agree his suspension was correct, but I dont know why everyone is making a big deal out of him. He is what he is labeld, A "Shock Jockey."

And I always laugh at the Rev Jackson, everyone seems to forget about what he said about NY back when he was running for w/e position, then didn't he have something with one of his family members?

Guy is disgusting.

Doesn't change the fact he has an audience and a percentage of that audience who probably didn't mind and agree with him calling those black girls" nappy headed hos" for no freaking reason except tha tthey were black. So there you have it Tarhog, you don't get it and I don't think you ever unles you put on a black skin suit and just see how things are different on the other side buddy.

And the thing is, that most of those people actually enjoy hearing that kind of stuff said about other races. Believe it or not, it is true. That's how he kept his job so damn long.

You asked a question and i responded. I did not read every thread. I do not post on here everyday.

The stupid double standard nonsense is just put out there to confuse the situation.

Blacks working on real radio and TV stations are just usually smart about what they say. They never make fun of white people since a white person is usually their boss.

When that black actor in that Greys Anatomy called the white guy a F the media made a big deal about it. Anytime someone is racist or discrminates against somebody in public a big deal is always made about it.

There is no double standad.

There is, and your refusal to even think about the possibility is as ignorant as you claim others to be. Do you think Jesse Jackson was right when he referred to NYC as "Hymie Town"? I notice he still has his job.

If anyone is to ever make anything better, then open minds have to be there.

Yours seems quite closed. How you think that will help anything is beyond me.

And I asked my question of Killerbo, which is why I quoted his post, and phrased my question with a pronoun to denote I was asking him.

The 'answer' you gave really didn't even address my question. It just rambled on about things unrelated.

For the record, there's jokes about whites all over the place. Personally I don't care, because I know jokes are meant for humor, and if one can't laugh at one's self, then there really isn't much of a point in humor.

And that guy on that show got in trouble for attacking gays, not whites, and it wouldn't matter what color the man was, gay folks would still go after him for calling the guy a faggot.

If all you think you'll find is hate, it's all you're ever going to see.

Personally I couldn't care less if Imus got suspended or fired. He sucks, and should be off the air for that reason alone.

~Bang

Archived