Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imus out at MSNBC (mod edit--reply to CBS firing in Merged thread)

skinsfan07

Seems the civil rights warlords Sharpton and Rev. Jackson have gotten their way..... keeping the shakedown pushing forward. :doh:

Oh... and I can't wait to hear the Hip Hop crowd create another name to call their girlfriends, wives, and sisters. I mean, they're going to stop using the word "ho" aren't they? :doh:

Imus ****ed up. He knows it and admits it. What he said was ugly and stupid. He knows it and admits it. As someone who has listened to him from time to time for many years, I understand how it could happen. It's all about the context of the show. He fell into the same trap a whole lot of other jocks have by letting it get away from him. Now he's paying the price.

Sad thing is ... as much as I hate the comments he made and all they imply, I hate the self-serving hypocritical opportunism of everyone from Sharpton to CNN to MSNBC to friggin' Mike Greenberg, using the opening Imus provided to spend the next 5 days falling over themselves to promote their own agendas or simply play to the ratings any celebrity controversy generates.

Imus is just a symptom of a larger disease. The false medicine being pounded down our throats over it just makes it worse.

The thing that strikes me is that the same companies that hire an Imus or a Howard Stern because they're 'edgy', 'controversial', and 'shock-jock' types, are also the first to cave to pressure to dump them when they go too far. I think we all make mistakes and deserve the benefit of a second chance. They are letting him go, not because its the right thing to do, but because they are afraid of the pressure and negative press. Period.

Thats as disgusting as anything Imus said or will ever say in my book.

Seems the civil rights warlords Sharpton and Rev. Jackson have gotten their way..... keeping the shakedown pushing forward. :doh:

Oh... and I can't wait to hear the Hip Hop crowd create another name to call their girlfriends, wives, and sisters. I mean, they're going to stop using the word "ho" aren't they? :doh:

Come on. A shakedown? Imus had this coming for a good while now. Not even just for this. He's made past comments about not only blacks, but Jews and women as well. He doesn't come across as some kind hearted old guy to me, so to call this a "shakedown", I'd have to disagree. It isn't as if Sharpton and Jackson were the only ones in a rage over the comments.

As for the "hip hop crowd," it's been an up and down battle trying to get these so-called "rappers" to quit using the derogatory words. It's quite a mystery to me why my generation find their use even remotely acceptable, as if being a "pimp" or a "ho" is something to aspire towards.

On a hypocritical note, if we are going to be angry at Imus, that same vehemence must continue to be applied to the "rappers" as well. They're no better. And a real man does not even go there, referring to any woman as a "ho"...unless she truly is one. And any woman with respect for herself wouldn't allow it. Whether it's coming from Imus or "the Hip Hop crowd", it's wrong. Period.

One thing I'd really like to see is Sharpton and Jackson put their boycotting energies into the record companies and producers who continue to help these supposed "artists" put out the crap passing as music that has come to define today's generation. These two, as much as they have done (or claim to have done) during the civil rights movement, they sure know how to cherry pick their targets.

Bleh.

Archived