Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take the 6th round pick and offer it to Pittsburgh for Ryan Clark

bigevhfan

And why would Pittsburgh do that?

Granted, I don't think Clark is worth much more then a 6th or 7th

However there is no reason for Pittsburgh to do that

A funny thing is, Clark was not that great of a safety. However he fit in so well that he helped make the sum greater then the parts

I am sure the Steelers will simply jump on that deal...because their Front Office is known for being complete and total idiots.

:doh: A 6th round pick for a backup safety makes them complete and total idiots? And yes, Clark lost his starting job to a rookie last season, so he is a backup.

I happen to agree that we should go after Clark. Would a 6th do it? I don't know...but it wouldn't take much more than that. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we were in talks with the Steelers right now.

A lot of people seem to underestimate the importance of Clark to the secondary. Sure, he wasn't the most powerful guy, and got run over a few times, but he also delivered some crunching blows, and made some nice plays in coverage (Philly game, anyone?). As SHF put it so eloquently, he fit in very well and made the sum greater than the parts.

I'm not entirely sure why people are jumping all over the thread starter. This is a good idea.2 Will it work? I and most people have no clue but Clark did fit well here and it would be interesting how all this turns out if it is true.

This to me is a no-brainer. He knows our system and was a mentor for Sean Taylor. We were dumb to let him go in the first place.

I hope your 2nd post is better than your 1st. Just because our defense was real bad this year doesn't mean that Clark was that good. Many of you highly overate him.

And why would Pittsburgh do that?

Granted, I don't think Clark is worth much more then a 6th or 7th

However there is no reason for Pittsburgh to do that

A funny thing is, Clark was not that great of a safety. However he fit in so well that he helped make the sum greater then the parts

If Clark wasnt that great of a safety, how come he is starting in Pittsburgh of all places, and was here while our defense was top 10, and gone when it tanked? A few too many coincidences there, all roads point toward Clark being more than just an average safety.

You can't underestimate his chemistry and relationship with Sean Taylor. Remember the reports of how some Redskins teammates this year called Ryan Clark in Pittsburgh to see if he can talk to Sean?

Also - let's remember Ryan Clark is here, in the D.C. area - him and his family still live in the area during the offseason.

Ryan Clark and what he brings to the table chemistry-wise is exactly what we need to really solidify our secondary - he is definitely worth a 6th rounder and I'd even part with a 5th rounder.

I mean come on - a 5th rounder to the Steelers for a starter who has an excellent rapport with our Top 5 Safety and knows our system inside-out? DO IT.

If Clark wasnt that great of a safety, how come he is starting in Pittsburgh of all places, and was here while our defense was top 10, and gone when it tanked? A few too many coincidences there, all roads point toward Clark being more than just an average safety.

clark got benched in Pitt, what are you saying? I like clark and would like to see him back but he, just like smoot, crashed and burned in another system

Archived