Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take the 6th round pick and offer it to Pittsburgh for Ryan Clark

bigevhfan

:doh: A 6th round pick for a backup safety makes them complete and total idiots? And yes, Clark lost his starting job to a rookie last season, so he is a backup.

I happen to agree that we should go after Clark. Would a 6th do it? I don't know...but it wouldn't take much more than that. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we were in talks with the Steelers right now.

A lot of people seem to underestimate the importance of Clark to the secondary. Sure, he wasn't the most powerful guy, and got run over a few times, but he also delivered some crunching blows, and made some nice plays in coverage (Philly game, anyone?). As SHF put it so eloquently, he fit in very well and made the sum greater than the parts.

did you even know who clark was until he actually started for the skins and yes i do think we should try and get him back he would create nice depth for the secondary if he cant come back to his previous form with the skins a few years ago

Guest Knightwchmn

I love Ryan Clark... love to have him back... but it's not safeties where we lack. Like the leak in your roof, the "obvious, glaring" drip is not necessarily where the water is getting in.

The glaring drip here is, "The secondary sucks." But the leak is up front, where the QB has NO pressure and all afternoon to find an open receiver. The best secondary in the history of the world can't cover for that long. Caulk up where the water is dripping and not root out the real leak problem, and the damage becomes "structural". Prepare for the collapse.

I thought we were in meltdown mode over trading picks for players? Dammit I am so confused

First we weren't suppose to get anything for AA, we do and now we are suppose to be pissed because we traded him after we were suppose to be pissed that he was benched after we were suppose to be pissed that he was playing and getting burned all the time, after the joy and praise of the signing that made him a instant pro bowl caliber player.

Now we are suppose to be pissed after trading picks for BL and TJ and I thought we vowed to never trade picks again and now we want to trade a pick????? for Ryan Clark. So if we do trade a pick for him do we get pissed that we traded a pick for a player that might be cut later this year.

Someone please just IM me when I am suppose to be pissed.

Thank you

The maturity level is at an all-time high around here. :rolleyes: To the thread starter, I think your suggestion is a legitimate one. Is Clark an all-world pro? No. Does he fit into our defensive scheme? We know the answer to that and to have him comeback and step right in would be an asset to this defense.

It's not a Madden-esque type fantasy trade like some have suggested, but a very reasonable one. Will it happen? I doubt it.

I thought we vowed to never trade picks again and now we want to trade a pick????? for Ryan Clark. So if we do trade a pick for him do we get pissed that we traded a pick for a player that might be cut later this year.

Someone please just IM me when I am suppose to be pissed.

Thank you

offer them both 6th rounders for him...there is a big difference for trading a first day pick for an RB that we don't even have and never even used, a 4th rounder for Lloyd I personally am still okay with. A second rounder to trade up for McIntosh was ridiculous, he would have been there anyways.

AA=6rd pick=Clark. So basically we would just be swapping out AA to get Clark back. I actually like this. Clark fits the system. He is a smart player and high contributor. It may have been an expensive lesson because of the cap hit from AA (we didn't need to spend that cap space on more free agents anyway), but we can get back a piece that is proven to work and still have cap space.

No more trading picks. we picked up an extra one for AA. This is the mentality that everyone hates the FO for doing.

Clark was benched in Pittsburgh. Let's see if he gets released in August, then we may be able to pick him up like Troy Vincent last year.

We already have 6 safeties on the roster. Time to look at another area. I don't think trading more picks for a player we failed to re-sign is a good idea.

ahh give up the 7th rounder, clark was benched last year...to bad we traded jacobs we could have traded him for clark back :rolleyes:

Clark got injured, not benched. While he was out one of their rookies played well at first (then struggled) in his place. The Steelers have no said who is going to be the starter this season.

So as much as I'd like to have Clark back, we have PLENTY of back up Safteys....

Sure we'd have plenty of safeties, then we'd let them battle it out in camp and we'd have qualified depth in case a starter went down. Personally I don't think Reed Doughty has a chance, but who knows, he may outplay Stoutmire for a roster spot.

No more trading picks. we picked up an extra one for AA. This is the mentality that everyone hates the FO for doing.

Clark was benched in Pittsburgh. Let's see if he gets released in August, then we may be able to pick him up like Troy Vincent last year.

We already have 6 safeties on the roster. Time to look at another area. I don't think trading more picks for a player we failed to re-sign is a good idea.

Good call. :applause:

Keep the pick and pick up more if possible by trading down from #6.

Ryan Clark fit the description of blue collar player ... he showed up every game, played his best, did a good job, and was a team player .... unlike other over payed ego's we've had. So my question is ... why would you hate on a guy like that ??? I say if it's possible ... let's get him back.

And why would Pittsburgh do that?

Granted, I don't think Clark is worth much more then a 6th or 7th

However there is no reason for Pittsburgh to do that

A funny thing is, Clark was not that great of a safety. However he fit in so well that he helped make the sum greater then the parts

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Exactly

This to me is a no-brainer. He knows our system and was a mentor for Sean Taylor. We were dumb to let him go in the first place.

I agree with everything except the trade offer. No way would Pittsburgh give him up for a sixth rounder. He had a solid season last year and would be worth way more than that. It would be nice, but trading for him would probably not be the smartest decision to shore up the safety position.

Archived